Educational

Author Topic: Share Your Weird Dreams  (Read 165 times)

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
Share Your Weird Dreams
« on: October 16, 2008, 08:50:45 AM »
Okay, I'll start!

I was in a small regional jet with only a few seats, so some of us had to sit on the open floor. There was no barrier between the cockpit and the passenger cabin. So we take off, and naturally those of us not in seats tumble around. But the plane struggles to get off the ground and skims about five feet above the field at the end of the runway. As we approach some trees, the pilot yanks back on the control stick and we go vertical, but the plane can’t maintain it, so to avoid the trees, the pilot turns and we drop back down to just above the ground, where we level off. This goes on for awhile with multiple obstacles as the pilot tries to work us back to the runway. It was kind of like being on a skateboard half-pipe, going up, turning around, and coming back down, only to do it all over again. Finally we end up over a narrow street that ends up in some woods. The pilot lands the plane on the street before we get to the trees, but is unable to stop the plane before we enter the woods. Our wings start slipping trees and mounds of dirt along the sides of the road. Plus, some cars are headed for us, but we seem to come to a halt just before hitting them.

We all get out of the plane and grab our bags. The pilots grab the emergency kits, which are nothing but crackers and soda cans. A few of us walk a couple of hundred meters deeper into the woods and find an elevator. So we take the elevator down, the only choice, and it opens up into a large amusement area surrounding subway tracks. We play some games and a large group of thugs come after me. I get back to the elevator, but they enter it as well before the door can close. It turns out they were football players, so I said, “Hey, let’s play some football!” They scoffed at me and looked me up and down, one of them finally saying, “You couldn’t handle it!” I replied, “I come from a football family. My Dad’s cousin played college and professional football before becoming a college and then professional assistant, ultimately ending up as a head coach briefly in the NFL and the rest of his career as a head coach college. Plus, my Mom’s uncle also played in college and was a college assistant and head coach, ultimately ending his career as a long-time professional assistant coach. Do you know who Howard Schnellenberger is?” They all go, “Of course! You’re related to him?” I said, “Yep!” So we went and played some pick-up football for awhile.

Finally, I head back to the plane where everyone’s stuff is lined up along the side of the road. A couple of the passengers were throwing a ball back-and-forth and one of them fell onto my luggage as he dove to catch the ball, crushing it. I was super pissed off, because my luggage had vintage Star Wars toys I had acquired on my trip and they were in the original boxes. Then we get told we will have to stay here with the plane until tomorrow, when the rescue crew can get to us. Then everybody could fly out tomorrow on a different plane. Since I was going for a one day meeting, this effectively cancelled my trip.

Then I woke up!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
Re: Share Your Weird Dreams
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 01:50:46 PM »
I don't know how weird it is, but I know how logical my dreams are, logic sucks, illogical is distracting :laugh:

I wish it did seem illogical, then I would say weird to some of shit I remember.

High doses of vitamin b6 helps you remember your dreams, and most people forget them  if don't right them down immediately.  I retained mine for over 72 hours so far.  After I analized the content of two dreams, my brain apparently went through great lenghts to surpress the memory of the others.  I can't remember, even with the vitamin b 6, because its fuckn distressful, even if the symbolic content its presented.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
Re: Share Your Weird Dreams
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 08:04:33 PM »
Trigger11, were you feeling dizzy or disoriented during the part with the plane flying all crazy?  A few times, I've had a recurring dream about levitation.  I'd be floating up into the air, tumbling end-over-end, and trying very hard to get back down onto the floor or ground.  As soon as I was grounded, there I'd go again.  All about not being in control, and the harder I tried to stay on the ground, the more I'd keep drifting upward.  Somebody told me that sinus problems might have triggered those dreams.  They are not pleasant.

A few from early childhood (about 30 years ago)...

Some dreams about levitation and flight, similar to what I described above.

I'd be standing outside, minding my own business, and then suddenly a big helical spring would come out of the horizon, making a jawharp-type "boing" noise as it goes, and then impale me.  Had that one more times than I can count, until I was about six or seven.  Triggered by indigestion, perhaps?  The Slinky toy was very popular in the 70's, and no doubt influenced the form taken by the evil thing from the horizon.

Until about age three or four, I had a recurring dream in which I'd be playing in the yard under an overcast sky, and then I'd notice a colorful footbridge at the edge of the yard, leading up over the weeds and into the sky.  (Almost like climbing a rainbow, but red, white, and blue striped like a big piece of Hot Wheels track.)  Curiousity would guide me onto the bridge, but before I could get more than a few feet, some invisible force would knock me back off onto the ground.

And more recently...

The other night I wasn't sleeping too comfortably.  (I have a habit of watching DVDs until I can barely stay awake, and then crashing atop the covers in day clothes.)  I had a whole cluster of little weird dreams, only a few of which I can remember.  In one of them, I was in a backyard swimming pool.  I could taste my own "morning breath" from the real world and decided maybe if I dive under the surface of the water, the bad breath would go away.  I'd dive and it would persist.  I was glad to finally wake up and brush my teeth.  All I remember from the other dreams in that cluster was something involving a cat.

I've noticed over the years that even if I'm not having recurring dreams, there's a feeling of the dreams over a period of weeks or months being related (like they're part of the same dream world).  Every few months or so, the character of the dreams changes to a different "family" of dreams.