Author Topic: Green is good, but how do we RE-educate others about BULLSHIT GREEN!  (Read 1969 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Green is good, but how do we RE-educate others about BULLSHIT GREEN!
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2008, 04:18:36 PM »
exactly.   :thumbup:

and  :plus: for starting the discussion.

Ya know, even so-called, "uncivilised" American Indians had a better grasp of this issue, three or four hundred years ago, than most people today.

They weren't uncivilised.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 04:19:23 PM »
funny how we call the industrialised world "civilised", and tribal/indigenous peoples "savages" or "developing", isn't it?

It's not funny at all. I think it's fucking awful.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 04:58:44 PM »
funny how we call the industrialised world "civilised", and tribal/indigenous peoples "savages" or "developing", isn't it?

i was being un-aspie by using irony, dear heart.  :-*

ozymandias

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2008, 05:01:10 PM »

i was being un-aspie by using irony, dear heart.  :-*

You are being more truthful than ironic! :plus:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2008, 05:02:01 PM »
that too, sadly.  :(

:-*

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2008, 05:24:02 PM »

Ya know, even so-called, "uncivilised" American Indians had a better grasp of this issue, three or four hundred years ago, than most people today.

Of course not! I have a great deal of respect and a deep feeling of loss at what untold wonders "white-eyes"  may have destroyed as he blanketed this unspoiled land with his greed.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2008, 06:30:45 PM »

Of course not! I have a great deal of respect and a deep feeling of loss at what untold wonders "white-eyes"  may have destroyed as he blanketed this unspoiled land with his greed.

:plus:

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2008, 09:04:38 PM »
Like it or not, humanity is the dominant species of this ecosystem, as such I would expect the ecosystem to change to suit our needs...This would be merely be a symptom.

Doesn't always work like that. A species can also sometimes become a pest, and threaten the destruction of the entire ecology it affects by it's overpopulation and over consumption of resources. Humanity is basically one of the most dangerous ones of them all, as it's influence is global.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2008, 03:36:26 PM »
 :asthing:

I think I did my share of AS Things here... :-\

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2008, 04:05:19 PM »
I am still trying to figure out why somebody tossed a new and intact toilet seat and cover 10 feet into the woods.   It was never used and was clean.  So I brought it to the dump store and left it there.    ???  I'v seen some strange things left by the roadside, but, that has to be the strangest yet. 

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2008, 04:53:34 PM »

Same here. I started out pissed as hell again about the meaningless, impalpable shit the present shortsighted system is teaching in schools and ended up aggravating my sorrow for the endless misery intentionally perpetrated upon the American natives.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 04:58:32 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2008, 06:19:30 PM »
The bottom line is, if we all did our parts with intelligence and full knowledge.  We wouldn't be having this discussion!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2008, 09:55:34 PM »

Same here. I started out pissed as hell again about the meaningless, impalpable shit the present shortsighted system is teaching in schools and ended up aggravating my sorrow for the endless misery intentionally perpetrated upon the American natives.

Hm. Does that mean global thinking wasn't a good idea?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2008, 12:27:21 AM »
i know it's practically trite now, but that's when the phrase "think global; act local" actually means something.

or just two words: responsibility and justice.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2008, 05:59:59 AM »

I wouldn't count many cultures back then as having been civilised.  Most American Indian tribes had a nasty custom of torturing their prisoners to death, and the white settlers of the era were happily importing slaves, burning witches and murdering each other in cock-swinging contests.  The world in general was a brutal and cruel place at that time.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?