Author Topic: China  (Read 414 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
China
« on: September 09, 2008, 01:13:53 PM »
Is there anything they don't make?  I went in a craft store with my wife the other day everything was from China even packs of feathers for crafts.  I told her to take a good whiff when she asked why I told her that's what it must sell like in China with all those boxes of stuff from there being opened.  Just how do they make money on all this stuff just think of the shipping.  Soon all of china will be here shipped one boat at a time.  There is home despot ,walmart lowes, and a whole host of other stores selling ther wares just how many container ships can there be?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: China
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 01:42:32 PM »
I have no clue. Reason why we have things made there is because we pay them cheaper than we do here. That's what I have been told.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 04:09:44 PM »
I have no clue. Reason why we have things made there is because we pay them cheaper than we do here. That's what I have been told.
   but how much cheaper does it have to be to be able to ship it halfway around the word?

Is Europe like this

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 04:33:38 PM »
The people in China are beginning to demand higher wages, now that their economy is booming so much.  Companies are actually starting to leave China because it's cheaper in indonesia, and other places...

The world economy is becoming just that, a world economy, we're getting poorer, they're getting richer.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 05:36:55 PM »
Hell, the Olympics were manufactured. Look at the attempts they went to to make Beijing out to be really clean and nice and everything, when as soon as the Olympics and and Paralympics are over they'll go back to what they were. They know how to put on a front.

ozymandias

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 05:43:51 PM »
Bottom line, the difference between the present rulers of China and the ancient emperors of China..................NONE.  They still act and believe that they are the centers of the universe and everybody else should kowtow to them.   ::)

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »
The world economy has exsisted for a few thousand years, we are getting screwed because of our out dated tax system.

http://www.economyincrisis.org/

http://www.economyincrisis.org/articles/issues?i=VAT+Tax

http://economyincrisis.org/images/vattaxgraphic.jpg

It's not rocket science, just the dems like the current tax system they can use to buy votes

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 05:04:59 PM »
Well, the idea of no taxation without representation was bullshit anyway. You either pay your taxes, whether government or to the crown, or you are fucked. If you don't pay them, then you don't get anything in return. George III and IV respective may have been greedy bastards, but they were still authority at the time and had to be obeyed. Sure, you had a revolution, but in the end you end up with Dubya. Not much of an advance, With him, Reagan, Nixon and one or two others. I'd say it was 2 steps forward 3 steps back. Throw the depression in, and that fucks things up even more. You need someone to govern for everyone, and to tell the rich to get stuffed.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 11:20:46 PM »
Bottom line, the difference between the present rulers of China and the ancient emperors of China..................NONE.  They still act and believe that they are the centers of the universe and everybody else should kowtow to them.   ::)

Yeah that's why I hate authority and hope for a society in future to be an Anarchy based society.

I do have to say my obsession with video games and consumer electronics would have to come to an end.
I could still get them but that stuff would be valued at higher prices/trades as they would be far better built and not mass produced.

but..... when the big government and corporations die......we raid the warehouses  :zoinks:

Park.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 11:22:49 PM »
Reminds of me of this Sponge Bob spoof.

Park.