Author Topic: Waiting  (Read 480 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Waiting
« on: September 09, 2008, 08:57:05 AM »
I hate waiting for people.  Today I have an insurance audit at 2 when ever I have appointments I feel I can do nothing until they are over for fear of missing them.  When you are waiting it's like being held hostage because they say 2 but who the fuck knows when they will come.  Nobody seems concerned about being on time especially people who you have to suck up to.  I am a very on time person and feel this shows great disrespect when I say 2 I am there at 145 just in case so I am not late.  How do you guys feel about appointments and being late? 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Waiting
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 09:28:47 AM »
I hate being late and make sure it never happens. I know what you mean about waiting around and hovering and not being able to concentrate. That happens to me for scheduled business calls.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 10:07:35 AM »
waiting does my head in.  even waiting for replies to emails/PMs/posts/phonecalls.  i get really stressed.  and i've never been able to wait for buses, ever.

ozymandias

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 10:29:35 AM »
It's hard for me to wait, unless I have something to do and read.  I never go to an appt. without something to read.  And waiting for people to return my phone calls is unbearable.  :grrr:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 10:50:57 AM »
I hate waiting for people, I can't relax until crap like that is over and done with and the longer I wait the higher my bitch meter climbs, it's gotten worse with age too.

And you always run across the happy-go-lucky ones with the lame excuses, "I'm sooo sorry to keep you waiting, but *insert lame excuse here*, I'm sure you don't mind though."

No I don't mind. Come closer, I can't get my hands around your neck from here. >:D

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 10:53:10 AM »
I can't do it...  I get very stressed out waiting.  That's why the girl I've been emailing back and forth is stressing me out so much.  It takes her days to reply, and I have to wait... really impatiently.

Although I hate being late, I'm really good at it... I was half an hour late for work today.  No reason in particular, just didn't get into the shower on time.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

ozymandias

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 11:53:34 AM »
I hate waiting for people, I can't relax until crap like that is over and done with and the longer I wait the higher my bitch meter climbs, it's gotten worse with age too.

And you always run across the happy-go-lucky ones with the lame excuses, "I'm sooo sorry to keep you waiting, but *insert lame excuse here*, I'm sure you don't mind though."

No I don't mind. Come closer, I can't get my hands around your neck from here. >:D

LOL   :plus:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 12:10:42 PM »
It's now 210 and nobodies here :grrr:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 01:10:47 PM »
Yeah it it annoying when people don't show up on time. If they are going to be late, I expect them to call. But everytime I have to wait for someone I wait for at least 20 minutes and then leave if they never show up unless they called.

I know it's impossible to show up at the exact time so that's why I don't expect 2 o clock comes and bam the person magically appears. It's not a video game this is real life. I give them a few minutes and I will not be annoyed. Even if they are few minutes early. If they were late, they better have a valid expination why they were.

It even drives me cray when someone doesn't show up so I just leave and do my own thing. i will not wait any longer and have anxiety inside of me because my plan had been messed up and I don't know what to expect next and know how much longer I have to wait. So I go, screw it he never calls (she never calls) I am leaving. not wasting my time waiting. An aspie did that to me.  :grrr: I left him a message on his myspace inbox and never heard from him. I dunno why he stood me up. If something happened, I expect a message or a phone call. If nothing, I assume I got lied to. I even called him, no answer. Mmmmm.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 01:20:02 PM »
Had two different sales people walk up to the house to sell something while I waited foolishly I thought that they were the guy and opened up the door:grrr:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 01:38:41 PM »
I hate sales people, thank goodness none walk up to my door.

I wouldn't mind them if they didn't try and make you buy something. But I am sure they are forced to do it because they have to sell certain mount of items, so as a sales person you have to deal with lot of rude people.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 02:44:59 PM »
I hate waiting, but above all I hate being late myself.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 04:26:39 PM »
It's a pain in the arse.
Whenever the cable breaks down they usually say sometime between 8am and 2pm; and so, I am sat there for hours waiting.
Admittedly the cable company are quite reliable nowadays but I think people could be more accurate.

Also, my neighbour has said to me a couple of times that I can pop around for a cup of tea and chat anytime - it's not really much use saying things like that to me. I'm not saying I need to know exactly the precise moment, but you know what I mean.
batcat

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 05:24:18 PM »
It's a pain in the arse.
Whenever the cable breaks down they usually say sometime between 8am and 2pm; and so, I am sat there for hours waiting.
Admittedly the cable company are quite reliable nowadays but I think people could be more accurate.

Also, my neighbour has said to me a couple of times that I can pop around for a cup of tea and chat anytime - it's not really much use saying things like that to me. I'm not saying I need to know exactly the precise moment, but you know what I mean.

Did she tell you to bring your knitting and crochet patterns?

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 06:52:04 PM »
don't ever drive a truck
a 7am appointment usually turns into they open at 7am and will get around to unloading the truck when they get around to it, but throw a fit if the truck isn't there at 7am

one place told everyone to show up at 6am and had like 10 trucks and 1 dock and proceeded to tie up the dock most of the morning loading their delivery trucks and I was luckier than the guys behind me to get out of there at 6pm.

getting paid for the time used to be near impossible, but it's gotten a little better, but not much with most places expecting 4 hours of free time, like it's part of the deal and most of the long haul the trucking companies don't pay by the hour.

not all places are bad, some places jump right on trucks and load or unload them ASAP, but their is more than enough places that suck to make the overall job suck.

One place I backed up to the dock and they where loading my truck before I could get out the door, went inside and asked to use the bathroom, look a leak, walked out and the guy said sign here and away I went in minutes, two guys on towmotors filled the truck with pallets of motor oil.