Educational

Author Topic: Ask wandrew anything  (Read 2501 times)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
Ask wandrew anything
« on: September 09, 2008, 02:33:07 AM »
Just remember...half the lies I tell you are not true. ; )

You may fire when ready, Gridley.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Ask wandrew anything
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 04:20:39 AM »
I keep getting you and Sir Les mixed up because the guy on your avatars looks like the same person.

Who is Gridley?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 06:41:17 PM »
from wikipedia:

Charles Vernon Gridley (24 November 1844 – 25 May 1898) was an officer in the United States Navy during the American Civil War and the Spanish-American War.
Captain Gridley took command of the Olympia, Admiral George Dewey's famous flagship on 27 April 1898. During the Battle of Manila Bay on 1 May 1898, Dewey gave his famous command, "You may fire when ready, Gridley," immortalizing the captain.
After the destruction of the Spanish fleet and the capture of Manila, Gridley was obliged to leave his command because of his health, and died en route to the United States at Kobe, Japan.

Supposedly, the Spanish ships Gridley fired on were attacking US ships. They weren't. But somebody wanted a war started--maybe Hearst?--and that did it. Just goes to show that the Gulf of Tonkin was NOT an isolated incident. The US is REALLY good at shit-stirring.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 07:25:09 PM »
What other sites are you a member of?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 12:50:34 AM »
DV and OTS, altho I haven't been to the latter much in the last 3 months. Also formerly on WankPlanet.

duncvis

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 04:39:05 AM »
DV and OTS, altho I haven't been to the latter much in the last 3 months. Also formerly on WankPlanet.

You forgot The Drivel.  :zoinks:

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 05:46:08 PM »
Yes I did. Sorry Dunc. If I spank myself with a wet noodle, will that clear my record?

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 05:46:47 PM »
Oh wait I forgot--I'M supposed to answer the questions.  :P
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 02:14:59 AM by wandrew »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 06:01:52 PM »
Yes I did. Sorry Dunc. If I spank myself with a wet noodle, will that clear my record?

NO, give Dunc the noodle and brace up.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 06:18:20 PM »
Right ho! Ready when you are Dunc...

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 06:22:34 PM »

Curiosity:

Do you still use vinyl for music on occasion?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 07:46:22 PM »
I do! I also use a vinyl to CD converter (TEAC)

One of my fave recordings is Snake Oil Symphony/Soap Opera Suite by composer Daniel Steven Crafts. www.dscrafts.net It's a brilliant album full of tape melange/musique concrete all done with analog machines (1982). Is available from composer but only on vinyl. Also have personal family recordings on acetates AND 78s needing to be copied to digital formats.

So yes I still love vinyl but love CDs and MP3 files too.  No 8tracks or cylinders though.  :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 09:55:08 PM »

Cool!
Something you had said before left me wondering. Sounds like a nice analog collection.

I kept quite a few LPs from the old days and I have found many bargain priced treasures in the last few years, sifting through hundreds of Roger Whittaker, Barry Manilow and Christmas albums. Goodwill gets top mention as my favorite record store these days.
I don't have many 78s, but the ones I have are all classical, live performances. Some nice holographic listening experiences among them, too.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 02:16:58 AM »
99.99 percent of my records and CDs are still back East.  Lots of punk, prog-rock, New Wave, smatterings of jazz, metal and classical, and some really strange shit.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 12:39:50 AM by wandrew »

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 06:14:12 AM »
I'm out of the loop Wandrew....tell me something interesting about yourself.

What makes you happy?