Author Topic: Confession: I'm not really an aspie.  (Read 803 times)

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
Re: Confession: I'm not really an aspie.
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 05:25:26 PM »
I'm not an Aspie either.

I was officially DXed as an Autistic. High functioning but not strictly with Asperger's Syndrome - some subtle differences. Mainly to do with my delayed speach development as a young child, but apparently a few other things also.

Ok, that's close enough, you're in !

Does this mean you're adopting me as your heir? ;)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 08:28:02 PM »
I went to an aspie barbecue last year and all the people there were chatting and looking at each other and there was me sitting at the table with my Dad's laptop watching South Park. I didn't talk much there because I was shy. I couldn't even tell they were on the spectrum but there was Furball (a member on WP but I don't think she goes there anymore) and I could tell she was on it. She was rocking and her body looked stiff. But if I didn't know her, I wouldn't have even guessed. I don't go around placing labels on people, I only wonder.

Oh yeah I'm not truely an aspie either, PDD-NOS or atypical AS, maybe borderline. I say I'm borderline. But of course people have asked me online "Are you sure yours is mild (or "very mild")?" "Are you sure you're borderline?" They get an idea I am worse than that because of what I am saying about myself or the things I say.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 09:11:51 PM »
I'm not an Aspie either.

I was officially DXed as an Autistic. High functioning but not strictly with Asperger's Syndrome - some subtle differences. Mainly to do with my delayed speach development as a young child, but apparently a few other things also.

ummmm,  I need an heir with a relatively good chance that they will out live myself....
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 09:48:22 PM »
I went to an aspie barbecue last year and all the people there were chatting and looking at each other and there was me sitting at the table with my Dad's laptop watching South Park. I didn't talk much there because I was shy. I couldn't even tell they were on the spectrum but there was Furball (a member on WP but I don't think she goes there anymore) and I could tell she was on it. She was rocking and her body looked stiff. But if I didn't know her, I wouldn't have even guessed. I don't go around placing labels on people, I only wonder.

Oh yeah I'm not truely an aspie either, PDD-NOS or atypical AS, maybe borderline. I say I'm borderline. But of course people have asked me online "Are you sure yours is mild (or "very mild")?" "Are you sure you're borderline?" They get an idea I am worse than that because of what I am saying about myself or the things I say.

How did they taste?
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2008, 04:56:40 AM »
I'm not an Aspie either.

ummmm,  I need an heir with a relatively good chance that they will out live myself....

Rats.