Educational

Author Topic: Murder  (Read 736 times)

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Murder
« on: August 20, 2008, 05:03:19 AM »
Are there any circumstances in which you feel you could kill someone without remorse?

I have been chatting with a few friends and this came up. Several people will say that no, they couldn't, maybe they can't, but I'm sure many people can.

I feel I could murder someone very easily. Could, not would. I would have to pay the price in prison for what I had done. Then this conflicts with the feeling of hatred, to my feelings for peoples right to live.
There are several people who I would like to inflict pain on, people who are cruel to animals (note the irony) People that beat me up, and something else that happened to me in which I would rather not share.

I am pretty sure I could kill Robert Mugarbe without giving a shit, but wouldn't enjoy being locked away.

I lack empathy for people in general a significant amount though, I was wondering if other aspies are the same.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
Re: Murder
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 05:11:50 AM »
I doubt it.  There have been times when I've been so angry at someone, I've wanted to...

There would always be a bit of remorse though... no matter how badly they deserved it.  Although, I think someone like Mugabe, I wouldn't lose that much sleep over, but I'd probably still feel bad sometimes.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 05:20:35 AM »
I doubt it.  There have been times when I've been so angry at someone, I've wanted to...

There would always be a bit of remorse though... no matter how badly they deserved it.  Although, I think someone like Mugabe, I wouldn't lose that much sleep over, but I'd probably still feel bad sometimes.

I understand what you meant though, I suppose it makes one sound like a sociopath to be able to kill and not care, even just a bit.  I think you have more empathy than me though, Telsa.. But if someone kills a complete rotter and it's on the news, i'm like "good", but it could very well be different if i'm the one that pulls the trigger.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 06:03:03 AM »
I'd do it, if the price is right. ($,$$$,$$$)
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 08:25:08 AM »
I'd probably get some sleepless nights from it, but I wouldn't hesitate to kill someone under the appropriate circumstances.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 09:19:24 AM »

I understand what you meant though, I suppose it makes one sound like a sociopath to be able to kill and not care, even just a bit.  I think you have more empathy than me though, Telsa.. But if someone kills a complete rotter and it's on the news, i'm like "good", but it could very well be different if i'm the one that pulls the trigger.
I understand... and I'll say "good riddance" to someone who needs to die.  However, I believe that no one is completely evil...  even people like Hitler and Pol Pot have a good side.

Although, some have less than others.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 09:30:37 AM »
In the case of self-defense, I would hope I'd be able to kill.

For sheer revenge or rage, not sure. I would have to be pushed pretty far. Not saying I definitely wouldn't. But would probably have to be something like somebody killing a loved one and I just happen to have a gun in my hand at the time or something.

The only people I wouldn't feel all that bad about having put to death are a few select politicians who shall remain nameless (GW **cough cough** Cheney **cough cough cough**) who should have already been brought up on war crimes... --Put 'em in the Chair and lemme pull the switch I say!  :thumbup:
Flibbit.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 09:44:39 AM »
I am certain that I could if I had the motivation to kill.   The only problem would be getting caught, which would require planning ahead and taking countermeasures.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 09:47:45 AM »
Even if killing was legal, there would be a part of me that knows it's wrong and resists. However, no guilt with a good old fashioned steel pole to the balls or face.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 09:51:48 AM »
I would be a vigilante if anything.   Taking out other murderers, killing paedos, rapists, etc.  Killing people I deem as innocent is not acceptable.   I would feel bad for accidental casualties.   I am not without empathy.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 10:22:32 AM »
Are there any circumstances in which you feel you could kill someone without remorse?

No.

However, I would kill if it would save my wife and children.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 11:17:51 AM »
If threatened  and in self defense I don't think I'd have a problem probably aim to do just that otherwise no
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 12:38:30 PM »
The key word in the question is 'remorse'. It is one thing to kill somebody... but would you not feel remorse about it? We are, after all, not sociopathic... I think it would be natural to feel quite a bit of remorse.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 12:45:40 PM »
If someone were directly threatening the life or safety of my daughter or husband, then I think that I could kill them if I had the means to do so.

Would I feel remorse later for having ended their life?  Probably, but I would feel even more remorse if I had the opportunity to save my daughter or husband by killing them and did not.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 01:09:33 PM »

I don't know. Probably not.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein