Author Topic: I wonder why the world thinks Americans are stupid.  (Read 540 times)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
Re: I wonder why the world thinks Americans are stupid.
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 06:11:25 PM »
Here's one HUGE reason why:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 07:13:55 PM »
I lived in Georgia for a while...  and honestly, I met the dumbest people I've ever met in my life there.  I moved as soon as possible.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080811122917AAmOaHy

When we were living there, someone asked my wife...  "Maine... that's in Florida, right?"

???

This question has been deleted
There was a problem performing that action, please try again later.

The Forrest Gumps in the southest USA are damn proud to be ignorant  :headbang2:

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 10:01:53 PM »
Advisor: "Mr. President, the Russians have fired on Georgia."

GW: "Well bomb the hell outta those suckers with our nucular weapons! They can't have Georgia, it's ours!!!"

Advisor: "Mr. President, they've fired on Georgia the country, not the state; you know, Georgia? Part of the former USSR?"

GW: "Oh right... heh. --Well bomb the hell outta those suckers with our nucular weapons! They're sitting on our oil!!!"

::)
Flibbit.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 12:29:08 AM »
Whoever asked that question about Georgia, I think he or she was just joking, I don't think anyone would be that dumb.

Oh yeah here is something my mother got all the time when we lived in Washington:

Stranger: Where are you from?
My mother: Vancouver, the one that is along the Columbia River
Stranger: Oh I thought it was up in Canada right near the boarder of Washington

So she started saying we were from Portland because so many people were clueless there was another Vancouver.

Oh yeah and people don't seem to know the difference between Washington DC and Washington because "state" always needs to be added after Washington. If I am talking about Washington DC I will add "DC" at the end but I will not add "state" if I am talking about the state. People need to learn to know the difference between those two. I sure learned growing up Washington DC is called Washington DC, not Washington. So therefore I keep it that way.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 12:36:29 AM »
Whoever asked that question about Georgia, I think he or she was just joking, I don't think anyone would be that dumb.

Oh I don't know about that, believe me, there are dumb shits out there that would make that person look genius in comparison.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 03:48:34 AM »
Another reason why:

Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 03:49:30 AM »
And another:

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 03:49:52 AM »
And yet another:

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 03:51:21 AM »
And (sigh) another...

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 05:47:48 AM »
I know one ex member here who asked me if I were Swede or Swiss. She had heard of the Laplanders though, but couldn't name them. And I think she has college education and is pretty intelligent.

Well people can say stupid things, doesn't nessicarily mean they're stupid.