Author Topic: Roadside monuments  (Read 372 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Roadside monuments
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 09:41:22 PM »
This may seem heartless, but to me, its the same as littering unless its on your own property.  And usually, the bigger the f-up, the bigger the display.

Teens are the worst almost always their fault,  we have several around here too fast or racing and we are supposed to feel sorry for them :wanker:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
Re: Roadside monuments
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 10:02:57 PM »
The roadside side-show memorial here is attributed to a senior high schooler in a 5.0 mustang.   His dad bought it as a bribe to keep him on the football team.  He was driving home with his girlfriend (front passenger) and step-sister  (rear seat) and leap-frogging with another teen.  (where one car passes the other in a show of "manliness". )   Well, he killed 4 people.  As he was passing his buddy, a newly married guy in a U-haul with a car trailer was making his last trip from his house on his move to North Carolina to set up house with his new bride.   yup, you guessed it, this bone head teen in the mustang passed his buddy, and hit the U-haul truck head on.  Killing the newly wed, his girlfriend, his step-sister (she lived for about 20 minutes) and himself.   Oh, and the kid he was racing, not a scratch,   but I bet his head is messed up (more than it was.).    And the newly wed lived for almost a month before passing away.

If someone reminds me, I'll take a photo of it. 
Feeling neutral is very normal.