Author Topic: World's Tallest Woman Dies at Age 53  (Read 295 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
World's Tallest Woman Dies at Age 53
« on: August 13, 2008, 05:10:26 PM »

World's tallest woman dies in Indiana at age 53

By DEANNA MARTIN, Associated Press Writer

INDIANAPOLIS - A woman who grew to be 7 feet, 7 inches tall and was recognized as the world's tallest female died Wednesday, a friend said. She was 53.   

Sandy Allen, who used her height to inspire schoolchildren to accept those who are different, died at a nursing home in her hometown of Shelbyville, family friend Rita Rose said.

The cause of death was not yet known. Allen had been hospitalized in recent months as she suffered from a recurring blood infection, along with diabetes, breathing troubles and kidney failure, Rose said.

In London, Guinness World Records spokesman Damian Field confirmed Wednesday that Allen was still listed as the tallest woman. Some Web sites cite a 7-foot-9 woman from China....

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: World's Tallest Woman Dies at Age 53
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 06:15:03 PM »
Really tall people like this usually have lots of medical problems too.  Too bad she died she seemed okay with her height and tried to help people
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 06:58:26 PM »
Emily Dickinson died of kidney failure, though she wasn't very tall.  :P

TheoK

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:04:11 PM »
The tallest woman I know IRL is an ex girlfriend who is 6'2''.  8)

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »

INDIANAPOLIS - A woman who grew to be 7 feet, 7 inches tall and was recognized as the world's tallest female died Wednesday, a friend said. She was 53.   

Sandy Allen, who used her height to inspire schoolchildren to accept those who are different, died at a nursing home in her hometown of Shelbyville, family friend Rita Rose said.

The cause of death was not yet known. Allen had been hospitalized in recent months as she suffered from a recurring blood infection, along with diabetes, breathing troubles and kidney failure, Rose said.

In London, Guinness World Records spokesman Damian Field confirmed Wednesday that Allen was still listed as the tallest woman. Some Web sites cite a 7-foot-9 woman from China....

I watched a show on Her not so long ago Myself. :(
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 08:49:53 PM »

Me too. She seemed like a really good person.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 08:54:20 PM »

Yeah I believe She was a good person.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 07:33:04 AM »

Me three. She seemed like a very nice lady.

I had read a headline about the tallest woman dying; I didn't realize it was her.  :-[
Flibbit.