Author Topic: Elderlies do the darnest things  (Read 334 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Elderlies do the darnest things
« on: August 30, 2008, 11:07:38 PM »
I think she took the "check in" too literal.  :LMAO:

http://current.com/items/89246590_swedish_woman_gets_lost_on_airline_luggage_belt

I remember I wanted to ride the belts when I was a little kid but my parents always told us (my brothers and I) to get off because it was very dangerous. They even didn't want us having our hands on them either as it was moving.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
Re: Elderlies do the darnest things
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 12:11:22 AM »
 :zoinks: Hilarious! I'd pay to see that!
When I was volunteering at the elder care centre there was a woman walking around saying "This is the craziest hospital I have ever seen in my life! How do I get out of here and the woman I was talking to (she was with it in her head, just psychically old) she said "Oh her....she's new, she's not with it today"

Sometimes the elderly can be more entertaining than the PS3 I paid $400 for. 
Park.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 02:05:43 AM »
Poor lady.  Good thing she wasn't hurt.

Blasted

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 07:25:39 AM »
 :lol:

I always wanted to do that myself, have a ride on the belt  :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 08:24:44 AM »
:LMAO:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 06:51:08 PM »
Real old people driving scare me :o  I have had close calls with them coming down the wrong way of a one way street
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 06:58:21 PM »
South Park made an episode about it one time. Every time they get on the road, all the young people would run in their homes and all the elderlies would crash into houses and buildings. Then all their licenses get revoked.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 07:23:41 PM »
A young guy hit the house I fixed the other day
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 08:17:12 PM »
Funny, because when I was 15, a fourteen year old girl drove into someone's house during lunch period because she was speeding and she had three other girls in the car with her. None of them died but the girl was injured, she ended up with a broken arm and bruises. I was surprised at the story because it sounded like something I see in a movie. I then wanted to see the house just to see if it was really true but I saw the girl instead in the hallway. But I still got to see the house after school in driver's ed when me and a two other girls were practicing driving. I asked to see it and we drove by it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 08:36:48 PM »
Real old people driving scare me :o  I have had close calls with them coming down the wrong way of a one way street

It was an elderly woman who ran me off the road last winter, into a curb and caused my tire to break along the sidewall. I had to change a tire in single digit temperatures, then go buy a new tire.

The road curved, but her path did not and she drifted into my lane. She had this surprised look on her face as she watched me jump the curb to avoid hitting her head-on.

Got ran off the road twice this year. The other time was a young guy, but he did it on purpose.
(BTW, the judgment in the civil suit he brought against me went in my favor.)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 08:40:55 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 10:04:49 PM »
My mom was in a car accident in the late 70's She was driving and some old women pulled out in front of her out of a parking lot. She drove into her because she didn't have time to stop.

Same sort of thing happened to me too last November which I have already told about. A guy pulled out in front of me and I slammed on my breaks and slid into him because the roads were wet. I know I wouldn't have crashed into him if the roads were dry because my tires slid. It was a 22 year old man. It said on the police report.

My mother nor I had to fix our own damage because we weren't at fault.

My grandfather was in a car accident in 2001. He was driving and it was dark out and he got confused so he was driving on the wrong side of the road. Then he saw a car coming and he drove off the road and got in an accident. My dad nor my uncle wouldn't let him drive after that even though he drove a few more times after that and then he was done for good. He even drove with an expired license.

Oh yeah I can remember a funny 4th of July story from 2004. I was at the lake house with my family. My dad was in the bathroom and he asks why the floor is all wet. My mother says his dad had put a brick in the toilet. I thought my grandfather had put an actual brick in the toilet and I wanted to know how the water couldn't get down the toilet around the brick since it be too big to block the hole and where did he get the brick from. He doesn't have any bricks at his house and he doesn't drive anymore and why did he put a brick in the toilet. My dad said he made it. I thought he was doing one of his BS moments so I kept asking. Then my mother said it means he was constipated and the poop got stuck.
In the kitchen I heard my uncle (Mom's brother) saying to his friend, "Beth is literal."
I thought my grandfather did one of those moments some elderlies do when they get senile. They can do goofy things. I will never forget this memory. I like too remember my literal times because they are so funny. Something to make others laugh. Those are about the only AS moments I can remember well. The rest are foggy.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 09:33:57 AM »
I saw some silly twit of a kid try and ride the luggage carousel at the airport a couple of years ago. The parents must have been twits too because they still let him have a dummy when he was quite big and it made him look as if he had an IQ of about 3. They were saying "don't get on there, dear" which he totally ignored and it wasn't until an official told him to get off that he got off.  :evillaugh: