Educational

Author Topic: Rare love  (Read 494 times)

GalileoAce

Re: Rare love
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 01:16:29 AM »
In zelda you can't jump either.

Great game.

Yeah you can, in Zelda II, Zelda ALTTP, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess ;)

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 08:03:29 PM »

Great game.

Oh I'm sorry. I thought you meant by pressing a button like in Mario. Then again, if you hold z and press A you will backflip.  :thumbup:

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 08:15:44 PM »
I like some of their games. I own Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Diddy Kong Racing on the N64.

Although Rare was bought by Microsoft in 2002 that cost $337 million. I wouldn't be surprised if the quality of games beyond that point diminished as when a company is sold off to a corporation like that. Well, it all becomes about financial business or restructuring, rather than dedication to making good games, once a corporation like Microsoft; or worse EA gets their hands on a company. If anyone's complaining about poorer quality of recent games, this is likely why.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:20:26 PM by Nexus »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 08:19:47 PM »
I played banjo kazooie last night, did Mumbo's mountain and Treasure Trove Cove.

I'm surprised that I remember where everything is after 10 years.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 08:21:49 PM »
I've played Banjo Kazooie too but rented it only, nearly got all 900 notes and beat the game, missed out on about 7 on the last level though.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

GalileoAce

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 10:29:09 PM »

Great game.

Oh I'm sorry. I thought you meant by pressing a button like in Mario. Then again, if you hold z and press A you will backflip.  :thumbup:

Zelda II is like that. But then, it's a side scroller for the most part.