Educational

Author Topic: the "Thanks a Whole Fucking Bunch!" award  (Read 1164 times)

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
the "Thanks a Whole Fucking Bunch!" award
« on: July 31, 2008, 07:04:46 PM »
Examples:

Lisa Nowak, the astronaut.  Wore a diaper while trying to kill somebody.

Hans Reiser.  Not only suspected of killing his wife, but he also wrote a shitty file system.  (It wrecked my Linux box.)

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
Re: the "Thanks a Whole Fucking Bunch!" award
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 07:31:18 PM »
WGAF?
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

ozymandias

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 07:34:11 PM »
Examples:

Lisa Nowak, the astronaut.  Wore a diaper while trying to kill somebody.

Hans Reiser.  Not only suspected of killing his wife, but he also wrote a shitty file system.  (It wrecked my Linux box.)

WHACKO"S swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 10:00:41 PM »
Any publicity is good publicity. No reason to emphasize the idea that somebody is calling these idiots aspie, and in response a lot of other people will form negative stereotypes without stopping to question it.

So I say sweep it under the rug.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 03:14:44 AM »
Isn't it a good thing if people think we're a bunch of 'tards who can't help our wacky behaviour?  This way, they give us free money, lighter jail sentences and positive discrimination advantages in education and employment.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 03:32:03 AM »
I don't care really.

I voted yes because it would just be funny.

If anyone ever accuses me of being a psycho, it just shows how pathetic they are. Anyway, I'd love to answer to people's shit on my site.

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 05:49:22 PM »
Wow!  Three-way tie... two each for "yes", "no", and "w.g.a.f."

The thing about Nowak is, now if any of us ever try to be astronauts, we'd probably all fail the psych eval.  Even though, I'm sure there are many among us who would enjoy the isolation, especially during long-haul stuff like when they finally decide to send people to the moon again.

As for Reiser... anyone else here know much about the Xandros distro of Linux?  Mainly, will it work with ext2 or ext3 instead of ReiserFS?  I could use other distros, of course, but I've already got the box with the install CD, left over from the ruined machine.

One person I wouldn't give the "award" to is that guy who torched a few Hummers at a dealership (forgot his name).  That was very, very bad and he shouldn't have done it, but at least he didn't kill anyone.  He was a graduate student majoring in physics, with an IQ somewhere around 160.  From what I understand, he had a couple of NT "friends" egging him on, but strangely they're not rotting in prison like he is.  They pulled a disappearing act or something.  I'd love to find them and beat the shit out of them.  That would be fun.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 07:10:03 PM »
A 'tard is a 'tard and a dickhead is a dickhead. Doesn't matter if they are Aspie or not. You fuck up, you wear the shit.

TheoK

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 07:15:10 PM »
"Society" has declared war, not only against aspies but against anyone who has a scintilla of own personality and dignity. I see nothing wrong with aspies committing crimes except the fact that they risk punishment, of course.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 07:40:22 PM »
Depends on the crime. Many crimes are against individuals, not some faceless "society".
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

TheoK

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 08:08:22 PM »
If the individuals are tools for "society" by their own will, they deserve it.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 08:13:28 PM »
What, and every non-aspie individual has chosen to be a tool of society and deserves any crime that might happen to them?

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 08:31:22 PM »

Forgotten your meds this morning, have you? Individuals have a mind of their own, and the free will to express it. They are not tools of society, they can decide what actions to take on their own. I as an individual can tell anyone to 'get fucked'; it is my right to do so. If society tells me different, then they would have to make it a law. As their is no law angainst telling others to 'get fucked', then society can do the same.

TheoK

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 08:36:39 PM »
What, and every non-aspie individual has chosen to be a tool of society and deserves any crime that might happen to them?

No, who said they were?

TheoK

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 08:38:02 PM »

Forgotten your meds this morning, have you? Individuals have a mind of their own, and the free will to express it. They are not tools of society, they can decide what actions to take on their own. I as an individual can tell anyone to 'get fucked'; it is my right to do so. If society tells me different, then they would have to make it a law. As their is no law angainst telling others to 'get fucked', then society can do the same.

"Tools for society"=people who work for "the system".