Author Topic: Anyone else here keep wish lists on Amazon?  (Read 609 times)

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
Re: Anyone else here keep wish lists on Amazon?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 09:14:41 PM »
I keep a wish list, but more so a "saved items to buy later" list, which never empties and allows me to get price updates on products each time I open my cart. I always spend at least $25 to get the free shipping. I suppose I spend $100/month on average on books and DVDs there. Plus I get $25 gift certificates for using the Amazon Dot Com credit card on all of my orders.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 07:54:10 AM »
All those price updates are always good.  If you watch all the new/used add-on vendors, sometimes you can snag a real bargain. 

I did get suckered once.  An HD-DVD that was marked "new" turned out to be used.  The shrink-wrap was gone and the case was bent.  I'm just glad the damn thing played and was free of scratches.  I won't be buying from that vendor again.

I've got over 300 items listed and I don't seriously think I'll ever own all that shit.  Notice they don't calculate the would-be total price of everything.

Offline the evil one

• Part of the Chaos
  • badder than death
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 05:16:21 PM »
I have a wish list on Amazon and the equivalent on eBay.  It prevents me from impulsively spending money, but otherwise, it's useless.  I tell people to look at my wish lists to see what I want for Christmas and my birthday, but they don't bother.  Or they send me stuff they think is "better" for me like books about jazz instead of biographies of dead rockers.

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 06:04:29 PM »
I tell people to look at my wish lists to see what I want for Christmas and my birthday, but they don't bother.  Or they send me stuff they think is "better" for me like books about jazz instead of biographies of dead rockers.

That annoys me too, when people get me stuff I didn't want.  I've got no problem dumping crap like that at the Salvation Army.  This will be the first year I send anyone who asks to my online wish lists.  I'd prefer they just didn't bother, but they're gonna do it anyway, so I better have a list if I don't want to see a bunch of useless junk.   I hate Christmas, fucking commercial guilt-trip-driven spending spree disguised thinly as a religious holiday.  Not even my damn religion anyway.  It'll be interesting to see how our fucked-up economy affects it this year.