Author Topic: Narcissisism (sp)  (Read 756 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Narcissisism (sp)
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 05:07:30 AM »

"The reason why I was put off by you in WP and over here is I had the impression that you "played up your issues" with body image and self confidence to hide a narcissistic personality ad someone who is bigoted and judgmental. That has nothing to do with your looks. I was just prepared cut you an even break because your reply sounded genuine and Carla did say nice things about you."

Where is the accusation Halle?
[/u]

I've highlighted it.

What have highlighted? You have bolded part of what I had described was "an impression" I had.
You do know the difference between an opinion and an accusation don't you? An impression is an opinion about something where as an accusation is stating it as fact. I ask you again Fiona. Where did I accuse you?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:10:03 AM by Sir_Les_Patterson »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 12:26:01 PM »
I wouldn't go as far as saying you're a narcissist, I tend to completely avoid anyone who shows narcissistic traits.

WIth that said you can be a bit of a bitch sometimes, however I think you just put on a front because it's the internet. I have a feeling you're a really nice girl IRL.

You like it when she's a bitch to you, its gets you hot.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 12:28:44 PM »
I dunno Halle Bopp came in here spouted a bit of bullshit and ran away. I think it has been disproven, talked over, examined from every angle, then beaten senseless and derailed. I think I would call it over....unless someone has more to add?

Yeah, you're a prick and you lurve it!

:-*

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 12:31:55 PM »

"The reason why I was put off by you in WP and over here is I had the impression that you "played up your issues" with body image and self confidence to hide a narcissistic personality ad someone who is bigoted and judgmental. That has nothing to do with your looks. I was just prepared cut you an even break because your reply sounded genuine and Carla did say nice things about you."

Where is the accusation Halle?
[/u]

I've highlighted it.

What have highlighted? You have bolded part of what I had described was "an impression" I had.
You do know the difference between an opinion and an accusation don't you? An impression is an opinion about something where as an accusation is stating it as fact. I ask you again Fiona. Where did I accuse you?

Dude, you do know you are talking to a chick, so that basicly mean's you just got owned there something bad.

Never even hint at that kinda shit unless you want your balls kicked in.

This has been a lesson in how to survive women.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 08:38:18 PM »
Oh right the "suspend all logic and where there is emotion involved thing"? See I don't and never got that. Mind you my obviously poor long suffering ex-wife use to wonder why I never bought her flowers after a fight and I just told her "I don't reward bad behaviour". Still don't I guess. I don't care who it is. You are right about one thing though, owning her is very difficult if she is completely obvious to the logic....I have the same problem with Randy. I would love to see a callout between those two.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 04:14:58 AM »
Tbh, saying "I had the impression you're biggoted and judgemental" isn't much better than saying "You are biggoted and judgemental".

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 04:35:22 AM »
Oh right the "suspend all logic and where there is emotion involved thing"? See I don't and never got that. Mind you my obviously poor long suffering ex-wife use to wonder why I never bought her flowers after a fight and I just told her "I don't reward bad behaviour". Still don't I guess. I don't care who it is. You are right about one thing though, owning her is very difficult if she is completely obvious to the logic....I have the same problem with Randy. I would love to see a callout between those two.

You Sir, are a legend.  :plus:
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 05:15:22 AM »
Tbh, saying "I had the impression you're biggoted and judgemental" isn't much better than saying "You are biggoted and judgemental".

Oh right so we disproved the accusation and now we are arguing semantics? OK Fiona I'm game. I will start of with a few hypothetical situations of the top of my head.

OK so Journalist meets War Vet:

Journalist : So what Division were you in?
War Vet : 38th.
Journalist : Oh I had the impression everyone in that division died in that horrendous battle you had?
War Vet : Oh Nah mate. We took heavy casualties but we doubled back in a fighting retreat and got back air evac.

Compare to the accusation

OK so Journalist meets War Vet:

Journalist : So what Division were you in?
War Vet : 38th.
Journalist : Oh all of yo,u in that division died in that horrendous battle you had?
War Vet : WTF? I am still here. Are you on crack?

OR

Friend A : So that girl I saw you out with last night is your girlfriend? I thought that black haired girl you had lunch with was your girlfriend.
Friend B : No she is my sister. I caught up with her for a few days because it was Mum's 50th.
Friend A : Ah Right. OK I see the family resemblance now. Sorry my bad.
Friend B : Don't stress

Now for the accusation

Friend A : So that girl I saw you out with last night is your girlfriend? Why are you screwing that black-haired girl you were having lunch with then?.
Friend B : That's my fucking sister! I caught up with her for a few days because it was Mum's 50th.
Friend A : That's even worse. Does your Mum know or is she in on it?
Friend B : Step outside shithead

Now Fiona do you see the difference between having an impression and blatantly accusing someone? Need more examples? Want to contest it? Perhaps you can start another thread full of more bullshit and I can defend myself there too. I know something even more radical - How about YOU admit YOU fucked up. You were wrong and YOU apologise for being an ass. Joking of course I can't imagine that is likely to ever happen.

thepeaguy

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 05:28:57 AM »
Les is pwning HB big time. :D

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2008, 08:37:12 AM »

Well true. Women and logic are two different things, or you could say they use 'womens logic'

From what I can see, HB pretty much took what you said as a way of saying that she is narcissistic but also hiding behind the word "opinion" at the same time. Nobody wants to be taken for a fool so you have to be on guard for this kind of sneak attack at all times.

Randy is just fucking bat-shit insane.

I'm rarely a flower buyer, but at the same time I don't take my wife's shit when she is acting badly. And she thanks me for it, maybe just not at the time.  :green:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 07:33:01 PM »
Oh fucking hell.

Right from our very own make somebody laugh thread:

I quite enjoyed Sir Les' pwning of HaleBopp, but dear Mr. Phlexor, please stop making the same kind of stupid errors of logic that you are accusing "women" of making.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 07:34:44 PM by Pyraxis »
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 05:09:23 AM »
Oh fucking hell.

Right from our very own make somebody laugh thread:

I quite enjoyed Sir Les' pwning of HaleBopp, but dear Mr. Phlexor, please stop making the same kind of stupid errors of logic that you are accusing "women" of making.

If I or others didn't generalise we would all be lost.

Plus I do make sense. Perhaps it's you that doesn't.

Or maybe I'm grinding against imaginary cliques. Damn that happens so often here.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2008, 06:49:57 AM »
Pedantic.

Also jman, you call me a bitch, and you make threads like your other one, what do you expect?

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2008, 07:03:07 AM »

Or maybe I'm grinding against imaginary cliques. Damn that happens so often here.

Some generalization = good. Overgeneralization = bad. It's not rocket science.

When a flaw is pointed out in one's generalizations, it's better to revise the model than ignore it. Is your brain really so rushed or overtaxed around the opposite sex that it can't spare the energy to create better models of reality?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 07:23:54 AM »

Some generalization = good. Overgeneralization = bad. It's not rocket science.

When a flaw is pointed out in one's generalizations, it's better to revise the model than ignore it. Is your brain really so rushed or overtaxed around the opposite sex that it can't spare the energy to create better models of reality?

No, but obviously you have to take into account that the reader is going to throw in a little common sense. Sure I might not be the best at expressing my ideas, but that's where you come in.

Maybe you are just reading too much into what I've said and are over generalising about me? Food for thought.