Educational

Author Topic: Personal Hygiene.  (Read 1645 times)

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
Personal Hygiene.
« on: July 13, 2008, 09:42:19 AM »
Despite the fact I get very little accomplished in my day-to-day life (but oh what grand dreams I have!) I tend to let my personal hygiene slide too easily. Going three days without a shower, or brushing teeth, not shaving for weeks despite having really shit looking facial hair, being slack with appearance in general. I have an inkling that this is a common trait among aspies.

If I'm out and about I at least try to have a shower beforehand, but sometimes the shower-in-a-can will suffice (deodorant).
I think I'm pretty conscious of my smell, but I'm also aware that I might be desensitized to my own pong. People, having better social abilities (tact in particular), probably won't call you on a mild stench. Sometimes I'm worried about whether I appear unwashed and this just piles up on my social anxiety and thus retardation. It doesn't help having oily skin and hair either :-[
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
Re: Personal Hygiene.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »
I try to have a shower ever day if not every second day, but if Im under a lot of stress or anxiety, it can sometimes be days. Unfortunately for me (or those around me) I cant wear deoderant on my skin, all of it give me a bad reaction, so its usually only sprayed on my clothes in some attempt to stem the tide of B.O.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 12:40:13 PM »
I shower every 3 days, is that really considered so disgusting in society?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

thepeaguy

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 12:53:02 PM »
I shower every 3 days, is that really considered so disgusting in society?

Smelly fanny.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 01:25:32 PM »
Thank you muchly. Still sure you want to get within ten feet of me?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 04:46:04 PM »
I like taking a shower so that's not a problem for me but shaving is something else I hate it and will almost get a beard before shaving.  I don't alway pay attention to how I look though and always look a bit dumpy
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 11:49:32 PM »
I have to shower every day and wash my hair every day. Routine thing. Hate shaving.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 12:14:38 AM »
I hate having to tweeze my eyebrows all the time. It grows back so damn fast.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 12:41:44 AM »
^So do I.

I can smell it when people have sprayed deodorant on top of their BO.

I try to have a shower every day. It is easier to do this in summer because I like showers then. I wash my hair once or twice a week. Part of that is because shampoo is expensive and I am a cheapskate. I use mens deodorant because it lasts longer and I think it smells better anyway.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 02:53:44 AM »
I shower once every few days, or if I'm going out that day to do something other than walk the dog.  I use soap on my body, but avoid washing my face with it, since it strips the oils from my face and makes the skin dry out and go all flaky, and I don't often use shampoo for my hair since it strips the oils and makes it go all frizzy, even with lots of conditioner.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 05:07:28 AM »
I shower daily.  Sometimes multiple times if needed, such as coming in from mowing the lawn, and then later after the gym... etc.

I don't like to smell.  In that I mean I don't like to smell like soap and cologne, or like BO.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

ozymandias

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 06:46:45 AM »
I shower daily.  Sometimes multiple times if needed, such as coming in from mowing the lawn, and then later after the gym... etc.

I don't like to smell.  In that I mean I don't like to smell like soap and cologne, or like BO.

I need my daily shower in the evening.  I avoid soaps with any type of scent/smell.  Except for Dr. Bonner's Peppermint soap!

thepeaguy

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 07:28:40 AM »
I shower once a day. Clean fucker I am.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 08:15:33 AM »
I bath or shower once a day, I could soak in a bubble bath for hours if I actually had the time to.

I have to wash my hair before going to bed at night or I can't stand how it feels the next day. I tend to dress like a slob though, always clean clothes, just bummy, comfy stuff.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 02:28:11 PM »
It's too hot down here not to take one.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law