Educational

Author Topic: Jesus Camp  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Jesus Camp
« on: May 20, 2008, 07:38:55 PM »
Jesus Camp(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486358/) is on these people scare the shit out of me and should be considered a threat as much as the Muslim Schools in Pakistan.  They are working from within our own country with existing laws to turn it into some sort of theocracy.  The kids are brain washed in this it's so wrong I can't even describe how bad it is.  We have some here in  New England but this stuff makes me leery  of other parts of the country.  Just how far will these people go the woman in the beginning hoped that they would be as dedicated as the muslims
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Jesus Camp
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »
We're all brainwashed.

Blasted

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 12:11:14 AM »
Watched that ages ago and it freaked me right out.

I think the people to blame here are the kids' parents and not the woman herself.

She's a wacko full stop but these parents are allowing their children to be brainwashed.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 12:53:36 AM »
I saw it before too, and it is scary to think of these little kids getting brainwashed like this.

Quote from: Becky Fischer
It's no wonder, with that kind of intense training and discipling, that those young people are ready to kill themselves for the cause of Islam. I wanna see young people who are as committed to the cause of Jesus Christ as the young people are to the cause of Islam. I wanna see them as radically laying down their lives for the Gospel as they are over in Pakistan and Israel and Palestine and all those different places, you know, because we have... excuse me, but we have the truth!

I can go into a playground of kids that don't know anything about Christianity, lead them to the Lord in a matter of, just no time at all, and just moments later they can be seeing visions and hearing the voice of God, because they're so open. They are so usable in Christianity.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 07:18:58 PM »
I saw it before too, and it is scary to think of these little kids getting brainwashed like this.

Quote from: Becky Fischer
It's no wonder, with that kind of intense training and discipling, that those young people are ready to kill themselves for the cause of Islam. I wanna see young people who are as committed to the cause of Jesus Christ as the young people are to the cause of Islam. I wanna see them as radically laying down their lives for the Gospel as they are over in Pakistan and Israel and Palestine and all those different places, you know, because we have... excuse me, but we have the truth!

I can go into a playground of kids that don't know anything about Christianity, lead them to the Lord in a matter of, just no time at all, and just moments later they can be seeing visions and hearing the voice of God, because they're so open. They are so usable in Christianity.

Kids are easy if you start them young enough you can teach them to believe anything which is why they put so much into this sort of thing.  Makes me worry for the future.

George Bernard Shaw

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 08:33:01 AM »
We're all brainwashed.

Probably 99% of us are. Still, all it takes to free your mind is accepting that everything you believe in just might be false and spending a few years doing objective research without limiting yourself to mainstream sources.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 06:06:45 AM »
We're all brainwashed.

Probably 99% of us are. Still, all it takes to free your mind is accepting that everything you believe in just might be false and spending a few years doing objective research without limiting yourself to mainstream sources.

You have a belief system such that you think there was no systematic murder of any group of people, for example, Jews or Poles, by the Nazis in WWII.

It is analogous to the belief system that Scientologists share in thinking this:

Past lives, "Secret" Levels and Extraterrestrial beings

See also: Operating Thetan and Space opera in Scientology doctrine
In Dianetics, Hubbard proposed that the cause of "aberrations" in a human mind was an accumulation of pain and unconscious memories of traumatic incidents, some of which predated the life of the human. He extended this view further in Scientology, declaring that "thetans" have existed for tens of trillions of years (several orders of magnitude greater than what mainstream science generally estimates the age of the universe to be). During that time, Hubbard says, they have been exposed to a vast number of traumatic incidents, and have made a great many decisions that influence their present state. Hubbard's 1958 book Have You Lived Before This Life contains descriptions of past lives given by individual Scientologists during auditing sessions. According to an early lecture of Hubbard's, it is, as a practical matter, both impossible and undesirable to recall each and every such event from such vast stretches of time.[87] As a result, Hubbard's three-decade development of Scientology focused on addressing only "key factors."

According to Hubbard, some past traumas may have been deliberately inflicted in the form of "implants" used by extraterrestrial dictatorships such as Helatrobus to brainwash and control the population. Hubbard's lectures and writings include a wide variety of accounts of complex extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in earthly events, collectively described by Hubbard as "space opera." There is a huge Church of Spiritual Technology symbol carved into the ground at Scientology's Trementina Base that is visible from the air.[88] Washington Post reporter Richard Leiby wrote, "Former Scientologists familiar with Hubbard’s teachings on reincarnation say the symbol marks a 'return point' so loyal staff members know where they can find the founder’s works when they travel here in the future from other places in the universe."

They  have accepted that everything they formerly believed in just might be false and they think that they have spent a few years doing objective research without limiting themselves to mainstream sources, although they call it being cleared through auditing sessions.

My point is that I think that their beliefs are incorrect, just as I think that your beliefs are.

Lets say that Scientologists came to Intensity and asserted these facts and when you disagreed with them and you thought that their beliefs were wacky, they asked you to objectively prove to their satisfaction that the extraterrestrial dictatorships such as that of Helatrobus never existed.  How would you ever be able to prove it to their satisfaction, when they have spent a great deal of time and money becoming brainwashed that this is true?

TheoK

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 07:48:34 AM »
They  have accepted that everything they formerly believed in just might be false and they think that they have spent a few years doing objective research without limiting themselves to mainstream sources, although they call it being cleared through auditing sessions.

My point is that I think that their beliefs are incorrect, just as I think that your beliefs are.

Lets say that Scientologists came to Intensity and asserted these facts and when you disagreed with them and you thought that their beliefs were wacky, they asked you to objectively prove to their satisfaction that the extraterrestrial dictatorships such as that of Helatrobus never existed.  How would you ever be able to prove it to their satisfaction, when they have spent a great deal of time and money becoming brainwashed that this is true?

There are many pretty obvious myths in society, just to make the people stay subjects instead of citizens. "Democracy" is one of them. How can there be real democracy when those elected by the people usually not execute the will of the people? The Swedish voters who elected the goverment we have now certainly did not want the FRA law. The majority of the people in the Western world does not want the mass immigration from Third world countries or "almost" Third world countries.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 06:52:34 PM »
God is more real than anybody may think. ;)
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 11:04:44 PM »
God is more real than anybody may think. ;)

This Jesus Camp has nothing to do with God it's about nutters.  I can respect people some religious people but not them

George Bernard Shaw

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 11:37:06 PM »
Yeah, I think Jesus was camp, which is why Mary tried to keep him on the straight and narrow. It's all this hanging around with those disciples that did it. And Judas turned out to be his pimp, peddling him to the Romans. Had it been me, I'd have charged something a bit more reasonable than 30 peices of silver, given that a piece of ass like his had to be worth at least 100. Him being messiah and all.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 10:04:44 PM »
When it's adults I don't have a problem with it they're old enough to make their choices, but with kids, let them grow up, let them choose their own path.  :(

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 05:17:22 AM »
We watched Jesus Camp last night.

Those people are so far from their own religion it's not even funny.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 01:29:48 PM »
We watched Jesus Camp last night.

Those people are so far from their own religion it's not even funny.

There are a lot of them though which is very scary

George Bernard Shaw

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 05:31:05 PM »
Maybe Jim Jones didn't suicide afterall; he snuck away and is now the leader of the Jesus Camp movement. Warch out for the cordial at your next church meeting, folks.