Author Topic: Connecticut Senate Race WWE special  (Read 271 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Connecticut Senate Race WWE special
« on: August 16, 2010, 05:35:28 PM »
So you think politics is no better than professional wrestling well it really is true.  In Connecticut we have Linda McMahon running for Senate, yes the wife of Vince McMahon wrestling promoter.  I'm sorry but all I can think about is that fact.  he even goes on about it at times how she is a business professional.  Yeah the fucking wrestling business :zombiefuck: A business of people faking it just what we need ::)  Just thought some might find this funny. She is running against the current Attorney General Richard Blumenthal who is a pretty good guy and the race is going to be ugly

http://www.linda2010.com/splash/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_McMahon  
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 03:27:36 PM by parts »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Connecticut Senate Race
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 12:42:19 AM »
Hilarious. Sorry, Parts, but that's what it is. I'm sure I wouldn't laugh if I lived there, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline sanefan

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 11:33:58 PM »
Many wrestling fans actually aren't pleased with this turn of events; WWE television has turned to a PG format since Linda chose to run for politics. The widely accepted reason for the change was that her opponents have used Youtube clips of controversial skits from the "Attitude" era in the late-90's-early 2000's to discredit her as an affront to family values or something like that. WWE has now done a complete 180, stopping matches over traces of blood, even resorting to having their women coming out in unflattering one-piece swimwear. Ironic that Vince used to claim to have "balls the size of grapefruits", until his wife decided to get ambitious.

I have a feeling though, that the real reason for her running is because of the staggering amount of early deaths (caused by drug usage) in the sport that has people demanding that professional wrestling adopt a union. Yes, believe it or not, wrestlers don't receive the same benefits that many workers take for granted, such as health insurance, pension, 401k, you name it. Vince considers his wrestlers to be 'independent contractors' as opposed to 'employees' so he doesn't have to be subject to paying out such benefits. And when you consider that wrestlers are on the road all year long and have to wrestle 3-4 times a week, taking painkillers and muscle relaxers is almost inevitable. Yet, every time a death happens, such as last week when one former wrestler passed on at age 29, those in charge of the industry will pass off the buck claiming it's the wrestler's personal responsibility. All WWE has for drug testing is a three-strike "Wellness Policy" which Chris Benoit somehow managed to pass every testing until he murdered his family and himself in 2007. So how this policy determines a pass and a fail is guesswork at best.
"Here's my man! It doesn't have to stay out and party with his guys!" "Here, let me see that...It doesn't seem to be able to pick up the fucking check, does it?"

A woman and her husband arguing about a vibrator,
Sam Kinison: Banned

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 03:25:54 PM »
Linda McMahon kicks guy in balls in this clip just what I want for a senator  ::)

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 03:32:03 PM »
Linda McMahon kicks guy in balls in this clip just what I want for a senator  ::)

Perfect for the NUTmeg State!  :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"