Author Topic: Obsessions....  (Read 1012 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Obsessions....
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 11:37:00 AM »
But Ringo did Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends, how fucking cool is that.

Like there isnt enough train love here.

I have train love. (yes indeed - a conversation for the fullness of time)

Not too far from us there is a train museum. My son was three months old when we first took him on a token ride.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 02:07:01 PM »

Hmmm things I hate about obsessions...

I can't stand the sight of Paul McCartney. His face is so annoying and irritating. His eyes are all big and bugged out looking.
His ego is also very big and he always thought he was better than Ringo and the other Beatles.

Back Off Boogaloo!

So get over it, already, and realize that Ringo would be an unknown entity, in this age, without the MclLen Duo.

Macca and Ringo BOTH have the infortunate jobs of still living on after nearly a full two generations since the craze.

Don't load either one too heavily.

Agreed. And Sir Paul still knows how to write a good song.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 02:44:56 PM »

I can't stand the sight of Paul McCartney. His face is so annoying and irritating. His eyes are all big and bugged out looking.
His ego is also very big and he always thought he was better than Ringo and the other Beatles.

Back Off Boogaloo!

So get over it, already, and realize that Ringo would be an unknown entity, in this age, without the MclLen Duo.

Macca and Ringo BOTH have the infortunate jobs of still living on after nearly a full two generations since the craze.

:LMAO:

what?!!  are you mad or deaf or both?  "ebony and ivory", "the frog song", "pipes of peace"...  i could go on, but i think that's enough examples of the horrors he's perpetrated in recent years.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2008, 04:00:05 PM »

Back Off Boogaloo!

what?!!  are you mad or deaf or both?  "ebony and ivory", "the frog song", "pipes of peace"...  i could go on, but i think that's enough examples of the horrors he's perpetrated in recent years.

Ebony and Ivory, in recent years? Pipes of Peace? You're joking, right? Both are more than 25 years old. Try his most recent ones instead. They're a lot better, but unfortunately Sir Paul's getting old and his voice has changed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 04:39:29 PM »

Back Off Boogaloo!

Give me a break, many a good songwriter has more than a cesspool of shit in their repertoire.   I'm sure Gordon Lightfoot has cringed at some stuff he composed.  For every gem that surfaces from any composer, there's probably a ton of shit that is best kept hidden!   ::)  Sorry, but, I had to rant about that.  I just finished reading "The Mayor of MacDougal Street, A Memoir" Dave Van Ronkl with Elijah Wald.  A lot of what he said about "purists" was spot on.  And to further make the point, Dave Barry in his "Book of Bad Songs", made an excellent point by stating that, "All music is subjective".  aka "One mans trash is another mans treasure."

And once again, as Duke Ellington so beautifully put it;  "If it sounds good IT IS good."

end rant!   :laugh:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 04:47:19 PM »
Speaking of Ebony and Ivory I have a box of piano keys in my living room :o  I have the strangest things laying about :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2008, 05:00:43 PM »
Speaking of Ebony and Ivory I have a box of piano keys in my living room :o  I have the strangest things laying about :laugh:

If they are real Ivory you could make some interesting craft things or sell them to a jeweler to make them into nice pieces of jewelry.  There's a pretty decent market for pre-ban ivory!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2008, 05:21:23 PM »

If they are real Ivory you could make some interesting craft things or sell them to a jeweler to make them into nice pieces of jewelry.  There's a pretty decent market for pre-ban ivory!

I believe it is but only a thin veneer have not gotten to playing with them yet so much stuff so little time
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 05:56:26 PM »

I believe it is but only a thin veneer have not gotten to playing with them yet so much stuff so little time

:indeed:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2008, 06:26:47 PM »

True ivory actually has a grain and a "feathered edge"  where it wears against things, much like wood. It is also quite porous. Higher quality pianos use ivory with a straight-line grain structure.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2008, 11:40:41 PM »
But Ringo did Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends, how fucking cool is that.

Like there isnt enough train love here.

I have train love. (yes indeed - a conversation for the fullness of time)

Not too far from us there is a train museum. My son was three months old when we first took him on a token ride.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.855703,144.886134&spn=0.001211,0.002918&t=h&z=19
http://www.railwaymuseum.org.au/

This is the Train Museum I took the boys to while ago.

I think I had more fun than they did though, re-ignighting all my train love from years ago.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2008, 07:02:12 AM »

Do you know what you get when you drop a piano down a mine shaft?

A flat minor.
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2008, 08:10:18 AM »
someone should've dropped the effing piano on paul mccartney.  :LMAO:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2008, 02:42:31 PM »
Disagree.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2008, 02:46:03 PM »
someone should've dropped the effing piano on paul mccartney.  :LMAO:

Disagree.

Same, but ...

I think John did drop a piano on his leg once, if I can recall correctly. Then he told Paul not to worry if his foot was broken, because he uses his "foot on the pedals too much anyway."

:headbang:
John!