Author Topic: This reminds me of good old Randy...  (Read 1097 times)

ozymandias

Re: This reminds me of good old Randy...
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 02:01:50 PM »
Argh! I am not a fricking American! I am from Canada! Canada! You know, those wild wastelands you people have all forgotten about, where we can live one to the five square miles....

...Oops. *shuts up now*

*erects big electric fence*

I honestly didn't know or if  you posted that info, I forgot.  Either way, sorry!  :-[  And for the record, I do not consider Canada a wild wasteland.  I happen to like Canada, except for that snotty, silly french part, even if it is where my ancestors emigrated from.  I prefer the Atlantic Provinces or Western Alberta, where Carla has family living, Meself!   8)

**ozymandias notes in his dossier on Pyraxis that she is FROM CANADA for future reference.** 

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 02:04:55 PM »
Oh, don't worry, that was supposed to be exaggerated for comedic effect. I'm not actually insulted. (very much  ;) )

I haven't been to Quebec since I was about eight, so if it's snotty, I wouldn't know. I'm from the line between the prairies and the forest, where if you step south it's endless flat fields that make Indiana and territory look hilly, and if you step north it's nothing but cabins and canoes and trees.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 02:11:09 PM »
i thought of bats (as in Chiroptera) first, too.  does that make me unamerican?

:woohoo:

:laugh:

Yes. :LMAO:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 02:20:45 PM »
Oh, don't worry, that was supposed to be exaggerated for comedic effect. I'm not actually insulted. (very much  ;) )

I haven't been to Quebec since I was about eight, so if it's snotty, I wouldn't know. I'm from the line between the prairies and the forest, where if you step south it's endless flat fields that make Indiana and territory look hilly, and if you step north it's nothing but cabins and canoes and trees.

Quebec is the province with all the Language laws to keep itself as french as possible.  And in some of the outlying towns, if you speak english or your french isn't exactly right, well, you'll wind up ignored or treated like dirt.  Montreal isn't bad, but Quebec city can be a mixture of snotty or nice depending on which section of town your in.  I'v gotten familiar with the rolling plains of Alberta from Drumheller (Major Dinosaur attraction area) all the way to Banff and Lake Louise in the Rockies.  Calgary is very nice.  Nova Scotia is also very nice.  

I didn't think you were too insulted, but, I also understand how canadians can feel about US political arrogance.  But, it is amazing how many wealthy or well off canadians run to the US to get medical treatments that they either can't get there or get impatient being on a waiting list to receive treatments in Canada.  Of course that was before the US dollar lost it's value in comparison to the canadian dollar.  I think they're about equal in value atm.  Especially judging by the increasing number of canadian tourists I'v been observing lately in our area!   ::)

I don't like tourists!   :grrr:

ozymandias

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 02:23:08 PM »
i thought of bats (as in Chiroptera) first, too.  does that make me unamerican?

:woohoo:

:laugh:

We could make you one if you want!   :evillaugh:  Resistance is futile! :resist: :borg:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 02:32:17 PM »
Argh! I am not a fricking American! I am from Canada! Canada! You know, those wild wastelands you people have all forgotten about, where we can live one to the five square miles....

...Oops. *shuts up now*

I got to tell you that I saw this post toatallt out of context and on its own, but this is what I loved about Canada in my travels.

You can find peace and earth
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 06:10:09 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 02:35:15 PM »

...Oops. *shuts up now*

I didn't know you all had internet service up there.

What is it like living in an igloo?
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 02:36:01 PM »

...Oops. *shuts up now*

I got to tell you that I saw his post toatallt out of context and on its own, but this is what I loved about Canada in my travels.

You can find peace and earth

my garden's like that for me (although i prefer somewhere more wilderness-y, obviously - one takes what one can get, though).

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 02:36:27 PM »

*beats Tesla over the head with a hockey stick*
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 02:37:07 PM »
my garden's like that for me (although i prefer somewhere more wilderness-y, obviously - one takes what one can get, though).

Hard to find in the southern UK, isn't it?

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 02:37:34 PM »

<giggle> 
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 02:39:37 PM »

Hard to find in the southern UK, isn't it?

well, yes and no.  if you know where to look, there are some beautiful places, especially in cornwall, and places like exmoor and dartmoor, but some of the forested parts are pretty wild, too.  i love forests.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2008, 02:55:39 PM »
Me too. Though the Scottish highlands were pretty amazing, too.

I'm still jealous of the tangible history in the buildings over there.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2008, 02:57:10 PM »
the highlands are beautiful.  and i know what you mean about old buildings - you can sometimes literally feel the age, the sense of history in them, like a tingle in the stone/wood/brick/whatever.

ozymandias

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2008, 03:00:42 PM »

<giggle> 

Kinky perv!   >:D