Author Topic: Some children's book  (Read 689 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Some children's book
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 07:46:40 PM »
bloody hell!  where does one even start with that horror?  homophobic, simplistic, lovely happy ending (yeah, cos it's all that easy, isn't it?).  ::)

please don't tell me they use that in schools, please?!

Stupid counselor.    Ruined a good thing.   Mine wasn't an uncle, it was the school janitor.   :o

(this should spark up the thread.....)

ooops, meant to add, I was laughing the whole time I read the story.   made me quite sleepy too.

Did he stick his toilet plunger up your shithole?

Is that a standard with janitors?  What more can you tell us?

I'm sure it's in their job description to plunge shitholes whenever they can.

(Straightman act worked for once!!)

Take a bow, Peter. You understood my set up.

No, on second thought run. Run away. Hide!

Never tell anyone!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 07:11:49 AM »
bloody hell!  where does one even start with that horror?  homophobic, simplistic, lovely happy ending (yeah, cos it's all that easy, isn't it?).  ::)

Stupid counselor.    Ruined a good thing.   Mine wasn't an uncle, it was the school janitor.   :o

ooops, meant to add, I was laughing the whole time I read the story.   made me quite sleepy too.

No, no, no....   I meant he took the place as a male role model, replacing the male family figures after my parents divorced and split us up....  Nothing sexual, I always seem to miss out, damn it.
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 07:22:17 AM »

No, no, no....   I meant he took the place as a male role model, replacing the male family figures after my parents divorced and split us up....  Nothing sexual, I always seem to miss out, damn it.

Did you try dressing slutty for him to catch his eye?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 07:27:23 AM »

Did you try dressing slutty for him to catch his eye?

yep, tried just about everything... :lol:   J/K
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 07:32:09 AM by driftingblizzard »
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 09:47:37 AM »
What a fucked up book. It wouldn't surprise me if some religious and/or homophobic-type wrote this. Not to mention that it glosses over the sexual abuse.

I believe that sums up the theme of the thread.

What do you think of it, besides that it's fucked up?

They should have included more of the juicey part, with diagrams.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 11:20:54 AM »
I'm wondering what sort of person would give a kid this book, and under what circumstances.  What would you say to a kid when you gave them the book? 

"Hey, I thought you might have sexual-identity issues from being diddled by your uncle and some emotional problems from your parents' unhappy marriage, since you act like such a poof and cry all the time, so I got you this book to read.  Gayness can be cured by counselling, so if you ever want to talk to me about how to stop being a fag, you know where my office is."
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 11:50:59 AM »
I'm wondering what sort of person would give a kid this book, and under what circumstances.  What would you say to a kid when you gave them the book? 

"Hey, I thought you might have sexual-identity issues from being diddled by your uncle and some emotional problems from your parents' unhappy marriage, since you act like such a poof and cry all the time, so I got you this book to read.  Gayness can be cured by counselling, so if you ever want to talk to me about how to stop being a fag, you know where my office is."

:plus:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 02:40:01 PM »

:plus:

... but you misspelled "orifice."
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 03:03:39 PM »
where? ???

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 03:07:06 PM »
where? ???

"you know where my orifice is."

OK, it's a stretch.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 03:14:14 PM »
that's not a stretch, that's bloody advanced yoga!

:smarty:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 08:06:53 PM »
You just need to be from Boston.

(The one on the other side of the ocean.)
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 08:40:23 PM »

so, empty your stomach and your mind and make sure you are well hydrated.

join me.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 08:44:03 PM »
You just need to be from Boston.

(The one on the other side of the ocean.)

Don't you mean BahHSSSt'n?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 12:35:43 AM »

so, empty your stomach and your mind and make sure you are well hydrated.

join me.

/throws up, decapitates herself, and leaps into a bucket of water.

i'm ready!   :eyelash: