Author Topic: There is no PS3  (Read 700 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
There is no PS3
« on: May 05, 2008, 09:02:40 AM »
Remember when I said my boyfriend won the auction, well it turned out it was a scam. The lady emailed my boyfriend and told him she is waiting till the paypal payment clears and she will send him an email when she ships the item and give him the shipping number. Monday comes and my boyfriend sees his payment went through but never got a email from her, so he messaged her but got no response. He tried three more times but still got no response. He was getting worried so I told him he should go to the community section and ask them how long he should wait to file a claim if the item never comes. He asks me how does he do that so I showed him. I also wrote the post for him and posted it and someone else asks for the auction number so they get more details, my boyfriend gives out the item number after I show him and later ebayers are saying it looks like a scam because the lady had another auction listed on the same item and she said the exact same words and layout, in the third auction she said she has a baby coming so she must sell her PS3 and the layout was different.

I look at it myself and decide it is indeed a scam so I called him while I was walking to work and told him I was afraid he got scammed so I doubt he get his PS3 so I would file a claim on paypal and report her to ebay and he said that's what he figured and that's what he was going to do.
When the lady listed the PS3, she had no other PS3's listed and I told my boyfriend to never bid on an item from someone with 0 feedback because I had a bad experience with someone with it. I also told him I want to look at the auction before he bids but he did it while I was in the shower but I was with him when he bid on another PS3. He said he got the two auctions mixed up when he placed the bid on the one he won. He lost the other auction but won this one here.

I don't know if the seller was actually a lady but my boyfriend thinks it's a she so I called it a she. Hey even guys have babies coming too because it's their kid too, not just the woman's.

So my boyfriend fell for a scam so he filed a claim with paypal. But thank god he only lost $322 dollars, I looked at the other auction listed by her and the winning bid of $1775 if I remember right but it was in the 1700's. Imagine losing that much money.

Also in her auction she said some idiot bid 1800 on the PS3 and canceled their paypal payment. Now I know why, someone who won figured it was also a scam because he or she saw she had listed her PS3 in other auctions and they got skeptical, so they canceled their payment before she took the money out and put it into her bank. But I wonder if someone really did bid that much on the item or did she just make it up, same as the baby coming.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: There is no PS3
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 09:17:01 AM »
I don't know much about Ebay which is one of the reasons I have never gotten anything there. Is there a way to go after her
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 09:55:25 AM »
Ebay sucks.  The prices are rarely that good, and you have to worry about shit like this. 
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 11:50:54 AM »
He filed a claim on paypal and he tried to report her to ebay but couldn't figure out how but he didn't have time anyway to do it because he had to go to work.

Today he got a message from her and she said she is willing to send him the PS3 with no games because the price was so low. Bullshit. If she didn't want to sell the game system with the games at that low of price, she should have put a reserve price on it so she wouldn't be obligated to sell the system at a low price after the auction ended and the reserve price wasn't met. Also she said in her auction it comes with three games so she has to give it to my bf and the the three games. Ebay policy or he can report her. She probably saw the claim from paypal and decided to buy her way out of it by pretending she is going to give him the PS3 so he can cancel the claim. I told him don't close it until he gets the item and she could be just playing another game to get her way out of this and he said that's what he was thinking. He said he'd rather get the system with no games and I said 'okay do what you want.'
My boyfriend told her to respond to her through paypal claim instead of answering her question.
He can also tell her to give him his money back and bam once he receives it and takes it out, he can close the claim. I wouldn't blame him if he decided to never try ebay again.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 11:34:58 PM »
He filed a claim on paypal and he tried to report her to ebay but couldn't figure out how but he didn't have time anyway to do it because he had to go to work.

Today he got a message from her and she said she is willing to send him the PS3 with no games because the price was so low. Bullshit. If she didn't want to sell the game system with the games at that low of price, she should have put a reserve price on it so she wouldn't be obligated to sell the system at a low price after the auction ended and the reserve price wasn't met. Also she said in her auction it comes with three games so she has to give it to my bf and the the three games. Ebay policy or he can report her. She probably saw the claim from paypal and decided to buy her way out of it by pretending she is going to give him the PS3 so he can cancel the claim. I told him don't close it until he gets the item and she could be just playing another game to get her way out of this and he said that's what he was thinking. He said he'd rather get the system with no games and I said 'okay do what you want.'
My boyfriend told her to respond to her through paypal claim instead of answering her question.
He can also tell her to give him his money back and bam once he receives it and takes it out, he can close the claim. I wouldn't blame him if he decided to never try ebay again.

:agreed:

She should honor the contract she made, which is to sell him the PS3 with the three games at the price he bid, before he drops the claim.

I'm glad that PayPal was able to help, else he would have just been scammed out of the money.  He may still be scammed, I guess.

I think that there are lots of claims in small claims court for people buying stuff on eBay that turns out to be counterfeit or sometimes they just send the empty box, which was pictured in their ad, to the high bidder.  I bid on a sewing pattern once, but I was outbid at the last minute.  Now I'm relieved that I lost the auction.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 11:37:52 AM »
There are lot of scams on ebay. You just have to look at their feedback and read their whole auction and check out what else they're selling. There are bootleg games that get sold on ebay. That's why you will sometimes see unreleased games for cheap or new games for cheap because they are bootleg. Nintendo has reported their auctions and the sellers in the past. Good thing I never bought cheap games on ebay. Used games like NES, that's different but new games like DS, WII, etc. I never did.
Also some will make a fake picture and say the game was never released in the US. You just have to go look on other sites for that game to see if it's real or not. If you come across a video game on an auction and you have never heard of it, go look it up. If you still can't find the title, assume it's a scam.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 10:26:05 PM »
You can open a dispute with Ebay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html#opens

Post on the safeharbor forum if you don't make any headway there, they should be able to give you some tips.

Paypal "should" refund this, can't say for certain, but it should fall under the buyer protection policy.

Ebay is full of vultures, avoid sellers with 0 to 10 feedback selling high-priced items, sometimes you'll get lucky and find one that's legit and they actually don't care what it sells for or they don't know what the hell they're doing, but most of the time it's a scam, or their going to try to back out of the deal because they screwed up.

Check the past auctions too, alot of account hi-jacking goes on, if you see a seller that sold glassware for the past year, now selling laptops at unbelievable prices back away slowly. 

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 10:56:26 PM »
Cool. I bookmarked the page to show my boyfriend when I get home tomorrow from work.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 11:06:29 PM »
You should never under any circumstances buy something that expensive from someone with no feedback. Always remember that.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Teejay

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 01:35:28 AM »
My experiences on ebay have been positive both as a buyer and seller. Although you can find much better bargains through various online classifieds.

Offline Hiphop Grandma

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 01:11:54 PM »
I would raise hell about it; file a dispute with Ebay and Paypal. Or raise the dispute to a claim with Paypal, which freezes the money in their account until this is cleared up. If they already deposited the money into a bank you might be SOL already, Paypal will likely go in your favor, but they won't be able to recover any of the money.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 02:05:31 PM »
I read the subject line and thought about the Matrix:

"There is no spoon."
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 02:08:48 PM »
GOOMH!  :rofl:

Offline Hiphop Grandma

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 02:22:20 PM »
 :thumbup: :LOL:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 02:22:37 PM »
Adds a dimension to the whole discussion, too. ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein