Author Topic: Cliques and the spirit of Intensity  (Read 8031 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Cliques and the spirit of Intensity
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2008, 04:31:07 PM »
keep working on it.  ;)

it makes think of a puking camera that makes me want to move or something like that.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2008, 04:34:14 PM »
i see enough on other people's tellies to make a judgement, i think, even though that's only occasionally.  when i visit my rellies, i can hardly believe the shite on the telly.

Most of it is shite, but not all of it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2008, 04:44:17 PM »
Cliqueeity clique clique I am tired of this shit
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2008, 04:52:32 PM »
i see enough on other people's tellies to make a judgement, i think, even though that's only occasionally.  when i visit my rellies, i can hardly believe the shite on the telly.
There is occasionally some good stuff, though most of that you can download pretty easily. Most stuff these days is pretty poor though, i cant count the number of times I have flicked through Sky at home and found nothing to watch across 400 channels.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2008, 04:53:15 PM »
The ignore button has been the best. ;D
Guardian of the Empire

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2008, 05:02:23 PM »
It has changed things. For the better, IMO.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2008, 06:20:17 PM »
Freedom of speech, IMO, also includes the right to CHOOSE what I want to read and when.    And having to sort thru endless posts of circle jerking mocking debates or utter bullshit like Happeh, postperson and others I won't mention is not my cup of tea.  People can still post what they want, but, it's MY choice to read or not to read.  And lets not kid ourselves, I tried to not read every piece posted by shit stirrers, it's damn fucking hard.  If I want to read what someone I'm ignoring posted, all I have to do is click on "show" or, read what someone has quoted from them.  If people don't like what I post then they can ignore me!  Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing!

Telemarketers also complained about the "Do not call list".  Claiming it infringed on their "free speech",  ::)  WTF, if I don't want to talk to someone or be disturbed in my OWN home why should I be forced to endure that crap.

I remember an early Cable show on MTV  (?) called "Max Headroom" that eventually became a short lived tv series.  It portrayed a semi-totalitarian state that made it illegal for people to be able to shut off their tv's and everyone had to have a tv.   Think about that scenario.  Well, the ignore function is my shut off switch when things go overboard and the drama llama farmer and his herd come stampeding thru here.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2008, 09:22:20 PM »
Freedom of speech, IMO, also includes the right to CHOOSE what I want to read and when.    And having to sort thru endless posts of circle jerking mocking debates or utter bullshit like Happeh, postperson and others I won't mention is not my cup of tea.  People can still post what they want, but, it's MY choice to read or not to read.  And lets not kid ourselves, I tried to not read every piece posted by shit stirrers, it's damn fucking hard.  If I want to read what someone I'm ignoring posted, all I have to do is click on "show" or, read what someone has quoted from them.  If people don't like what I post then they can ignore me!  Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing!

Telemarketers also complained about the "Do not call list".  Claiming it infringed on their "free speech",  ::)  WTF, if I don't want to talk to someone or be disturbed in my OWN home why should I be forced to endure that crap.

That's a really good analogy, Ozymandias.

:plus:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2008, 09:40:30 PM »
I don't think so. A post in a thread is much less intrusive than a phone call to your house. But it's a matter of opinion and like I said, this isn't my war.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2008, 09:48:18 PM »
I don't think so. A post in a thread is much less intrusive than a phone call to your house. But it's a matter of opinion and like I said, this isn't my war.

You make a good point and part of my fault is my OC behavior in reading every word.  Even now, I click on the "show" button for colondull and ginseng boy, just to keep up on what the fuck they're saying.  BUT, thats my choice and my problem..........the "IGNORE" function is just a little more control of my OC behavior than I have otherwise.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2008, 09:48:29 PM »

True.  I personally would not choose to use the ignore button, but I see that as more as something in me....ie; it gives me a chance to examine why exactly is this person getting under my skin and to choose my battles.  I don't mind being challenged on my opinions, but when someone has a particular agenda to be an asshole for assholes sake, rather than have an adult debate and see the other person's point of view, I can't really be bothered.

ozymandias

« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2008, 09:50:11 PM »

Your such a sycophant.   :green:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2008, 09:53:56 PM »

Your such a sycophant.   :green:

:-*

ozymandias

« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2008, 09:59:38 PM »

True.  I personally would not choose to use the ignore button, but I see that as more as something in me....ie; it gives me a chance to examine why exactly is this person getting under my skin and to choose my battles.  I don't mind being challenged on my opinions, but when someone has a particular agenda to be an asshole for assholes sake, rather than have an adult debate and see the other person's point of view, I can't really be bothered.

Good point and you make a different opinion in your own way.  We need to digest other's opinions in our own way.........the ignore function lets us do so.  It gives us time to look and ponder formulate a response instead of going off half cocked in response

Now I accept that some may think thats "dishonest", but, IMHO, thats also "real life".   The appropriate quote that comes to mind is, "Oh Lord, let my words be tender and just, for tomorrow I may have to eat them."  --anonymous  (that may or may not be the exact quote, but, it's what I intended to convey)

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2008, 10:23:50 PM »
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the idea of this place was that you were free to be a twat, but just remember that people are going to call you on it. And if you cant handle it, there's the door, it's your own choice.

Express yourself all you want, it just mean everyone else is going to express themselves right back at you.

All I see the latest kerfuffle is about is that Calendale wanted more more restrictions for those in charge, less restrictions for the users, and when he didnt get his way after harping on about it for ages, he got ignored and then sulked off like a little bitch.

He either wanted the changes, or he wanted those in charge to do something drastic because of his behaviour so he could be a martyr.

I don't see where the problem is.

To me, this place is about honesty. You can act how you honestly feel, but you are going to get an honest reaction out of everyone else. To make it a safe haven for the rejected would be to lie to them, just like every other place that has rules on attacking other members. And that is what will kill this place if, in the unlikely event, that something like that ever goes through.

Yes the ignore mod can make some member live in a fantasy world as they perhaps ignore the truth of what people are saying to them, but it stops members leaving while still giving them the freedom to say and act how they please. And if you still cant handle it here under those conditions, then you have some serious problems that an online internet forums is not going to solve.

I agree with your analysis, Phlexor.  That's the way that I see Intensity as well.

I think that it's impossible to make Intensity a safe haven for all those people who have been rejected by other fora, simultaneously.

I know that Happeh was before you joined here, but he was a guy who thought that we all were on the spectrum because we wanked too much.  He was kind of entertaining for a while, but if we had made Intensity a safe haven for him, then pretty much everyone else would have left.  If Happeh wants a safe haven, then he can post his wanking nonsense on his own forum.

I think that one of Calandale's core problems is that he can't trust anyone, so he's convinced that everyone else is just as rotten and corrupt as he believes himself to be.

Yeah, that bit bothered me too. He would accuse certain people of "evil doings" and I just couldnt see it in these people. And if you said so, you'd be accused of being naive or "wait and see".

To me that just screamed paranoia.