Author Topic: Cliques and the spirit of Intensity  (Read 8176 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Cliques and the spirit of Intensity
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2008, 09:43:37 PM »
Zomg is Sophs forum, and it comes off as pretty emo. There are a lot of people there who don't seem to have anything better to do but post on aspie forums about how their life sucks because they can't think straight and have relationship problems. Unfortunately, I fall into that catagory.

I've been on Aspie Chaos, and tbh, there isn't very much posting except Cal, who must post like about 20 threads a day.  Maybe other people on average start 1 thread a day. I swear it is more like Cal's personal blog with comments (and more interactivity than a normal blog).

Jeez!

That was at least seven or eleven categories. Can you narrow it down a little.

You said "category" (singular). It is too much to ask for you to hone up the edge that keenly, though. How about three categories?

In which three categories do you belong?

... and who the fuck are you?

I used to remember the numbers, but since Atomika, I have lost many of the "later to join" members. Clue 1 for me, please.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 09:45:58 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2008, 10:34:38 PM »

Well the falling out between Crucibelle and Morthaur & Co pretty much stuck the knife into that place.

The odd thing is, after a few months passed, she reached out to Morthaur for some help with her computer!  And unbanned him from the Island.  She stated she couldn't remember what all the fuss was about.   ???  But, I agree, that was the death blow, that and the fact that it was down for so long.  By the time it came back up almost everybody moved on! 

With that place and its type of clientele, a banning of a few months over something silly is irrevesable damage that cant be cleared up I think.

People on the spectrum dont deal so well with unpredictable personalities, even if it is only percieved as such.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2008, 10:37:22 PM »
Also, I'll likely tell Cal that people are talking about him here, and see how long before his narcissism tempts him to come back and read it.

;D He told me where to stick it.

Now do you see, DD?

He said he won't come back?

You can has happy dance now.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2008, 10:38:47 PM »
really?  he was on here the night before last.  ::)

:intressant:  Of course a lot depends upon how Aspie Chaos does in the long haul.  By that I mean, what happens when the novelty wears off and people start drifting in different directions. 

It's not a question of "If", it's only a question of "When".  It's happened on every other forum that I'v been on.    A forum with no rules is bound to fracture into factions without some sort of strong hand(s) in control.

It all ends up going 'Lord of the Flies' anyway.

People always end up making rules of some sort and cliques always end up being formed wheather you want them or not. Its all natural.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2008, 11:23:34 PM »
Also, I'll likely tell Cal that people are talking about him here, and see how long before his narcissism tempts him to come back and read it.

Now do you see, DD?

What he said, since I don't see anything on his site about not quoting elsewhere, was this (after my attempt to convince him it was worth coming back to Intensity):

Quote from: Calandale
You'd need to
go a good deal further before convincing
me of anything.

And then:

Yeah, I still go on to catch some people. I PM'd Richard
and Zero (whatever) to try and get them to ZOMG. Didn't
read many posts.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2008, 11:28:15 PM »

Now do you see, DD?

What he said, since I don't see anything on his site about not quoting elsewhere, was this (after my attempt to convince him it was worth coming back to Intensity):

You'd need to
me of anything.

And then:

read many posts.

Well if still wants to talk to some people here he can always come back  :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2008, 11:38:42 PM »

Now do you see, DD?

You'd need to
me of anything.

And then:

read many posts.

Well if still wants to talk to some people here he can always come back  :laugh:

yes, but he has put us all on his  "ignore list".

Before that he started his own site and invited only a few members form here to join him.

He has made other statements as well.

It seems that Pyraxis has confirmed that he IS done here.  I'll miss him, but the feeling is a one-way street, apparently.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2008, 11:41:50 PM »
I guess when you are a jerk and feel everyone is against your righteous ass, its only fitting that you retreat to you own little world that you control.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2008, 12:02:00 AM »
I'll miss him, but the feeling is a one-way street, apparently.

Last I heard, he thought you gave up on him a while back.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2008, 02:17:02 AM »

:intressant: 

yep - it was just after you said something about cthulu (or someone) rising from the deeps (or something), so i assumed you'd seen him on here and was commenting on it.

if you hadn't, then...  OMFG you manifested cal!  :yikes:

:LMAO:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2008, 02:17:58 AM »
natch.  and the poison...   :evillaugh:
Make sure its a slow acting one, at that. I enjoy watching suffering...

Finally some brilliant jewels at the bottom of what I thought could be an empty cup.

gawddamn hardon. Do some more, soon.

he's redeemable - i've always said so.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2008, 02:18:32 AM »
Yeah, ZOMG seems to be the emo hangout du jour. Makes me wonder what sort are left on WP. And agreed on Aspie Chaos - I've been thinking of it as Cal's blog for a while.

emos who don't swear?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2008, 02:28:15 AM »
i haven't posted to address the intial theme of this thread so far, for a good reason.  i really don't see that there are cliques on here.  "cliques" suggest some sort of intent, a deliberate separation and active barring from a particular in-group, and that's not happening here, and never was, speaking as a purported member of The Clique, and knowing the rest of the supposed members better than i do anyone else.

i'm not suggesting that people on here haven't formed friendship groups, because of course they have, and any friendship group is going to come about because the members have more than just a few random things in common, so of course they're going to agree on a number of issues.  the main thing i can see that The Clique had in common, though, was telling cal to stfu and stop going on and on about farts in colanders, and s should include most of the civilised world as we know it, with the exception of cal's own retinue.

the whole clique thing is a fabrication, a product of cal's (and others') paranoia/jealousy/destructive/whiney delusions, and i'm amazed it's become part of the "urban myth" about I2.  well, maybe i'm not - it's a convenient  bandwagon for people to jump on when they're dissatisfied about anything, even if it's entirely unrelated.

perhaps we should substitute the word "scapegoat" for "clique"?

/shrugs.

it's like dignifying the creationists' nonsense with an argument - they haven't got one, so why bother responding to a non-argument?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 02:32:24 AM by Lucifer »

ozymandias

« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2008, 07:01:18 AM »

:intressant: 

yep - it was just after you said something about cthulu (or someone) rising from the deeps (or something), so i assumed you'd seen him on here and was commenting on it.

if you hadn't, then...  OMFG you manifested cal!  :yikes:

:LMAO:

Yeah, I clicked on his profile and saw that he was on just a couple of days ago.  It always tells when someone was last active!   8)

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2008, 07:26:06 AM »
"cliques" suggest some sort of intent, a deliberate separation and active barring from a particular in-group, and that's not happening here, and never was, speaking as a purported member of The Clique, and knowing the rest of the supposed members better than i do anyone else.

My argument is not about whether any supposed "cliques" are intentional or not. You may or may not remember, but I've been as quick to point out to Cal that he has a circle of friends as to point out yours.

I really don't give a fuck whether the separation is intentional or not. That's like trying to "prove" whether Vodzy's crap in the quotes thread was intentional or not - a red herring. Separation happens, and it's human nature.

However, there are different degrees of separation, and within the range allowed by human nature is everything from backstabbing teenage girls who'll exclude you for a zit, to mixed ethnic/cultural/gender/age/etc. groups who'll welcome someone that doesn't even speak their language. I will continue to argue for more inclusion of differences, whether or not you personally think it's worth doing - I'm a bridge builder by nature.