Educational

Author Topic: The Drivel!  (Read 582 times)

duncvis

The Drivel!
« on: April 26, 2008, 04:27:20 AM »
...is coming along nicely, and can be found here: The Drivel Cross-posted here for your info...

A FAQ
Alright, here's a FAQ list for The Drivel... some of the questions haven't actually been asked, but probably should have. Here goes...

Q. What is The Drivel? Does it have a point?
A. Well, basically The Drivel is a site aimed primarily at adults on the autism spectrum who like a laugh, don't expect the world to remake itself in their image, and don't need their hand holding. As such, adult content and swearing etc is not censored, and folk aren't required to be nice to each other. I'd like this place to be like a (virtual) decent city pub with a pool table, arcade games, quiz night and a decent jukebox - if that doesn't appeal, this probably isn't the right site for you.

Q. Is the site moderated, or can I do whatever the fuck I like there and bugger everyone else?
A. Yes, it is moderated, insomuch as if I think someone is going out of their way to be a cunt or are there purely to make a nuisance of themself, I'll bar them. If they're a known twat this or other deterrents (eg. blabberizing) may be done as and when I feel like it - this ain't a democracy and trolls will be dealt with.  :police:

This isn't going to affect most folk obviously, other than as a form of entertainment.  :hahaha:

Q. Are you trying to replace Intensity?
A. Not really - the ethos is different. I'd rather provide a haven for folk who prefer a less angsty place to hang out, yet still without the restrictions necessary on family-friendly forums. Freedom of speech there is not an absolute principle and is subject to common sense, also arseholes can and will be banned here. If you don't want to play with at least some semblance of respect for others, don't expect a welcome to last long.

Q. Is the site only for people in the clique?
A. This place is not meant to have a clique - I also hope that by removing the 'democracy' aspect and running it like a pub landlord the atmosphere won't become divided and soured by political bullshit. The more the merrier - but emos are not welcome (and neither is Calandale). Nobody wants to hear about your cutting or why you can't go outside today, so fuck off.  :finger:

Feel free to ask more questions.  :beergrin:

dunc (as Drivel webmonkey/'landlord')
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 04:29:25 AM by Father Dunc »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: The Drivel!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 04:47:26 AM »
yay!  :belly:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:12:21 AM »
 8)

I updated the link in ASD Related Websites here.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 01:56:54 PM »
Not my cup of tea. Yet, anyway.

I wish you the best, though.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

duncvis

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 05:31:36 AM »
Thanks. And yeah, I figured it might not be your bag Pyraxis. Should be some decent debates eventually, but hanging out is the main focus of the site really. There isn't a master plan or higher purpose.  :zoinks:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 09:08:28 AM »
did you say 'The Drizzle'?

[attachment deleted by admin]