Educational

Author Topic: Curbside shopping, anyone else?  (Read 1693 times)

ozymandias

Re: Curbside shopping, anyone else?
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2008, 09:26:30 PM »
Just got back slim picking got about 6 gallons of kerosene which is about five dollars a gallon 

If it's useful to you, it ain't slim pickings............................thats TREASURE!   8)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2008, 03:21:44 AM »
Just got back slim picking got about 6 gallons of kerosene which is about five dollars a gallon 
If it's useful to you, it ain't slim pickings............................thats TREASURE!   8)
Agreed, that is a good find.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2008, 08:05:56 AM »

I have kerosene work heaters so it's very useful it's also very similar to No. 2 heating oil which my house runs on
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2008, 05:36:31 PM »
Look what I saw today people are so wasteful

Got this one missing drawer one broken have replacements from ones in worse shape though they go for $75-100

Also got a nice child's rocking chair some small tools and some sort of DJ mic mixer

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2008, 08:27:59 PM »
Nice!! Missed cruising around this week, my son was home sick. Weekend of sales coming up though, usually means lots of left-overs sitting by the curb on Mon. :green:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2008, 08:36:14 PM »
We still have the rest of the month for this time around.  Supposed to rain Sunday so no flea market

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2008, 08:09:59 PM »
Got two nice photographic tripods today

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2008, 02:52:39 PM »
Just found   a clarinet  in a leather covered case with velvet on the inside it appears to be rather old and is made of highly polished wood instead of plastic 

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2008, 09:45:44 PM »
Haven't been out lately, my son had strep throat.

Got the Toro Recycler I found a week or so back fired up today, and the gas weedeater started. :green:

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2008, 12:34:46 AM »
You may have read earlier that I got a free leaf blower and put it up for sale.  I've been emailed by several people, one woman decided she wanted to come see it.  She emailed back later and said she had to cancel because she decided she wanted to buy a new one.  Another woman emailed me, set a time to come see it, and called half an hour late to say that she couldn't find my house.  I asked her where she was, told her where to go, and she promptly told me that I was wrong... as if I didn't know where my own fucking house is.  Eventually she followed my directions and made it here.  I showed her the blower and she said she would have to ask her husband...  she's been wanting one, but hasn't asked him about it yet.  She has to get permission from her husband to buy a fucking garden tool.  That's OK, because she obviously has bigger problems than leaves in the wrong place.

Tonight, I get an email about it again.  This is what it says:

"i am int in the blower"

That's it.  First of all, capitalization; learn it, love it, it's the right thing to do.  Second, punctuation is very important when communicating with people.  Third, "int" is not a common enough abbreviation for it's meaning to be implied, although, I am going to assume that you, "David", could not spell "interested" so you decided to abbreviate.  Asshole.  You do not get the blower.  I refuse to sell it to you.  Fuck off and find another one.

You see why I had to quit sales...

I'm taking down the ad and keeping the fucker.

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2008, 04:32:26 PM »
You may have read earlier that I got a free leaf blower and put it up for sale.  I've been emailed by several people, one woman decided she wanted to come see it.  She emailed back later and said she had to cancel because she decided she wanted to buy a new one.  Another woman emailed me, set a time to come see it, and called half an hour late to say that she couldn't find my house.  I asked her where she was, told her where to go, and she promptly told me that I was wrong... as if I didn't know where my own fucking house is.  Eventually she followed my directions and made it here.  I showed her the blower and she said she would have to ask her husband...  she's been wanting one, but hasn't asked him about it yet.  She has to get permission from her husband to buy a fucking garden tool.  That's OK, because she obviously has bigger problems than leaves in the wrong place.

"i am int in the blower"

That's it.  First of all, capitalization; learn it, love it, it's the right thing to do.  Second, punctuation is very important when communicating with people.  Third, "int" is not a common enough abbreviation for it's meaning to be implied, although, I am going to assume that you, "David", could not spell "interested" so you decided to abbreviate.  Asshole.  You do not get the blower.  I refuse to sell it to you.  Fuck off and find another one.

:LMAO:

ozymandias

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »

"i am int in the blower"

Maybe she wanted the blower for "another" reason.   :eyebrows: 

:zombiefuck:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2008, 08:07:30 PM »
Found a nice victorian-looking garden arbor tonight curbside, had to take it apart to get it in the truck, glad I never go anywhere without tools. :roses:

It's going to look great in my garden.  :green:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2008, 07:56:45 PM »
So much stuff so little time to tinker a chain saw in the case,a new boom box I used at work today , small parts cabinets with the small parts still in them, and a sander

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2008, 08:44:37 PM »
So much stuff so little time to tinker a chain saw in the case,a new boom box I used at work today , small parts cabinets with the small parts still in them, and a sander

Same here, the stuff is mounting up, 2 more vacuums added to the pile to fix or use for parts this morning, 4 patio chairs the neighbors scarfed up. Might catch up as soon as school's out and the grass slows down, between mine, mom's, & the neighbors (cancer) not alot of spare time lately for anything.

Sounds like you had a good week though.  :green: