Educational

Author Topic: An intersting lecture I had today with a prof...  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
Re: An intersting lecture I had today with a prof...
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 06:14:12 PM »
I'd like to be able to self-advocate more than I have the skills to do now.  I lack the skills, mind you, but not the capacity to acquire the skills, and I have more self-advocacy skills than I did probably even just a year ago.  However, I would also alway, I think, like to know someone else has my back, because I am very aware of my enourmous capacity to fuck up royally.

It is a skill you can only really learn from experiance and developing self confidence. The discrimination ive experianced in education has made me very much someone who knows how to get up the nose of the local authorities and those people who like to hide behind their title and an office desk but equally if I didn't have that "backup" when I hit rock bottom after having my aspirations dashed I could of ended up like many aspies ive read about and just simpy slipped through the net and end up god knows where...the mental health system by the looks of it, thats something no aspie should have to go through

eamonn

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 06:15:56 PM »
and what's so awful about M & TW, give us the full review. I haven't seen it. Don't think it's released here yet.

Medieval Total War is a fantastic game, the chance to lead the Golden Horde of the Mongolian Khantite and kill Ukranians is awesome

I prefer first person shooters myself. Most of my games are of that ilk.

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 06:17:54 PM »
and what's so awful about M & TW, give us the full review. I haven't seen it. Don't think it's released here yet.

Medieval Total War is a fantastic game, the chance to lead the Golden Horde of the Mongolian Khantite and kill Ukranians is awesome

I prefer first person shooters myself. Most of my games are of that ilk.

ah you FPS whores are spoilt for choice at the moment, bring back the empire building games

eamonn

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 06:22:27 PM »
I like the idea of strategy/rpg and turned based games but rarely have the patience for them. Empire building games are as unfair as in real life. Usually there is some way of doing something lame to keep on winning but i suppose it isnt that uncommon in all games but at least they offer real time thrills.

Postperson

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 06:24:06 PM »
That's Mozart and the Whale, idiots.

Is it that Josh Hartnett is better looking than you Praetor, is that what bothered you about the fillum?

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 06:31:08 PM »
That's Mozart and the Whale, idiots.

Is it that Josh Hartnett is better looking than you Praetor, is that what bothered you about the fillum?

No i think its an immensly patronising film that when it gets released here in the UK will be the butt of all the critics, reviews and satire jokes. Oh on the face of it people will be saying oh how wonderful the domesticated autistics have a film about themselves now good for them and it'l get all nicely talked about on newsnight review and other programs atteneded and watched by arty farty critics who get paid for a living to suck the corporate cock of whatever trash is thrown their way. But once its thrown to the trash of popular culture expect pisstakes

Made with good intentions but the characters are immensly cringeworthy and stereotypical, Its not going to be some kind of flagship to raise awareness, awareness is achieved in far better ways. The general publics perception doesn't really matter as half of them haven't even got the standard national curriculm level of education anyway, half of them can't spell syndrome let alone asperger

Postperson

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 06:44:08 PM »
so he's definitely better looking than you....and you don't like people who are better looking than you.

Isn't that discrimination?

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 06:56:32 PM »
so he's definitely better looking than you....and you don't like people who are better looking than you.

Isn't that discrimination?

Post person im not in anyway taken with what your saying so how about you make the big jump to adulthood maturity and join the conversation.

The only reason you now want to reduce to personal digs at me is because of your own personal disatisfaction with life it is not my fault you are incapable of forming an argument or point and have as much passion and social charisma as Andy Pandy. I don't even know the name of the person your talking about I assume its either the actor or the director

Amateur

Postperson

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 07:08:40 PM »
I hope that all UK aspie group comes together real soon for you. I'm sure you'll make a big splash there.

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 07:10:41 PM »
I hope that all UK aspie group comes together real soon for you. I'm sure you'll make a big splash there.

You have just confirmed to me you have no idea what your talking about

Poor player. Life's but a walking shadow, it is a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 07:12:19 PM by Praetor »

Postperson

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 07:19:48 PM »
....a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing,

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 07:26:21 PM »
....a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing,

Postperson

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 07:28:57 PM »
nice moustache Praetor. What's that book you're carrying?

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 07:35:54 PM »
nice moustache Praetor. What's that book you're carrying?

Get the glasses grannie you might be able to read

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 11:16:39 PM »
sheesh.
ok people this thread is getting a little to heated.

since this isn't WP, please continue.
Misunderstood.