Author Topic: Ask hiro thread  (Read 9808 times)

Hibakusha

Re: Ask hiro thread
« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2006, 03:35:48 AM »
what was the oral surgery?

as someone with a lotta teeth probems I'm interested.

Lower left molar in front of where the wisdom tooth was 25 years ago. The  US army doctors pulled the wisdom tooth out because it was growing sideways (only because it was growing sideways).
After extracting the wisdom tooth, they put a filling in the tooth I had pulled yesterday (it cracked so they drilled into it to hold a filling) and they put in my record that I am a bleeder - a dentist worse nightmare.
The problem now is, the calcium build up around the jawbone and molar. He had to split the tooth into three pieces to get it out, and grind the rest of the built up shards well down below the gum line. I had gone to sleep in his reclining surgical chair and woke up in my own recliner at home. So the whole thing was painless, the only thing I ever felt was the IV in my hand (just cause they told me they were doing it). Upon awakening, I discovered two stitches in my gums; one in front and one behind were the tooth was.
Just now, I woke up to discover a third stitch down in the socket. According to my X, they did not give me any blood and it took over an hour to do the whole thing. She said he came out of the room twice sweating profusely.
The other day I dropped off my medical records to them, and they gave me darvocet until the surgery. When I woke up, I found a bottle of cipro and vicodin on the kitchen counter. Between the darvocet and the vicodin, I had a pretty good little party by myself. Although, I am still checking my post that I made earlier - scary thought.
For now I am sticking to the darvocet, the vicodin feels to medicine kinda whatever it is feeling.
Good news is, the gauze that I woke up with, was hardly bloody at all, and still no bleeding.
Bad news is, my jaw is bruised from the ear to about the middle of the jaw line, all underneath though, nothing on the face, (so she probably didn’t punch me).
More good news is when I bend over to change the dogs’ water, or cough, or raise my hand over my head, it doesn’t throb anymore like it was for a week. The bruising kind of concerns me, but it is probably from fighting the root out. Oh...that’s the other thing, all my roots are very long, some wrapping around the jaw bone, not this one, it was more like mushroomed over the jawbone.

If you have allot of dental issues, do not go to a dentist, go to an oral surgeon, much better knowledge, experience, staff and results.

Thanx for asking

What’s up with yours? - Teeth

Triste

« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2006, 03:39:44 AM »
I was once overheard saying, about my step dad "i wish he was dead" at the age of (8 or 9),
he gave me a really good ass whipping that day, a lot more than the daily usuall rutine spanking
when he was finished, he put a bullet in his gun (pistol) and threw it down on the bed beside me
he said, "go ahead you little big man - pull the fucking trigger" "grab it" you pussy "grab it" "pick it up"
every since then I got another ass whipping for not being a "real man", I have forever wondered "what if"
No wonder you use the devil emoticon so much - you lived with him.  What a story. 

Triste

« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2006, 03:43:03 AM »
took every online test and failed miserably at being normal
LOL
found the forums, and confirmed the DX to be 100% accurate
That's pretty funny too.  Kinda nice, finding yourself in the company of others somewhat like yourself, isn't it?

Hibakusha

« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2006, 03:44:33 AM »
thank you for noticing something I did not.

99% of the time, it is meant to be humorous

I will try to take better notice of others interpretations

thanx again. :angel:

Hibakusha

« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2006, 03:45:51 AM »
took every online test and failed miserably at being normal
LOL
found the forums, and confirmed the DX to be 100% accurate
That's pretty funny too.  Kinda nice, finding yourself in the company of others somewhat like yourself, isn't it?

yeah, at 40

Triste

« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2006, 03:48:48 AM »
Probably not a good idea to take the Darvocet and Vicodin together.  And as to the bruising, apply ice as much as you can tolerate.  It'll help the bruising, swelling, pain and healing.  You're probably not a bleeder anymore since it's been so long since you've drunk alcohol.

Hibakusha

« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2006, 03:57:42 AM »
Probably not a good idea to take the Darvocet and Vicodin together.  And as to the bruising, apply ice as much as you can tolerate.  It'll help the bruising, swelling, pain and healing.  You're probably not a bleeder anymore since it's been so long since you've drunk alcohol.

when I take them individually, I get a speed effect, not drowsy by far. but when I woke up and saw the bottle on the counter with my name on it, PARTY TIME, then passed out.
Yes the alcohol played a major role in the original surgery, but back then, a soldier was stronger than any bottle. the coke machines on base were 25 cents, beer machine - 10 cents. on a privates pay-- well. Gatorade was new, it cost twice as much as a bottle of V.O.

I was totally shocked that the surgeon even looked my dental records that far back, and glad he did.

Postperson

« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2006, 04:06:26 AM »
What's up with mine?

Bad teeth genes on both sides of the parental gene pool and being born before they put fluoride in the drinking water here means I spend a lotta time and money at the dentists. I've had some cosmetic dental work done (mostly when I was working), my front teeth used to cross over slightly so I had them veneered (a half crown they call it sometimes), had a lot of amalgum fillings replaced with the white fillings, um about  4 crowns...

I freak dentists out so it's hard to find one I can cope with and vice versa. I've fainted in the dentists chair during an extraction, so I know about dentists getting all sweaty and wierd, the look on the guys face when I came to was amazing. I'm probably dentalphobic.

I'm very disappointed with flossing. I've been told for ages that flossing is the only way to stay out of the dentists chair so I became a dedicated flosser about 3 years ago, but I don't see any reduction in decay, grrrr.

Never had any problems with wisdom teeth though.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 04:12:25 AM by Postperson »

Triste

« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2006, 04:07:19 AM »
How long have you been sober, and why?

since 11 - 21 - 97

swollen liver

as a suicide alternative

fear of not living thru another holisay season

Congratulations on 8 and a half years!!!!
Suicide alternative, like Nicolas Cage in 'Leaving Las Vegas'?  I have moments (many) where I feel like life sucks so much I might as well just drink myself to death.  (I'm not, but the thought does cross my mind)  Is that where your head was at?  And do you mind saying how much you were drinking? 

Hibakusha

« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2006, 05:02:35 AM »
Congratulations on 8 and a half years!!!!
Suicide alternative, like Nicolas Cage in 'Leaving Las Vegas'?  I have moments (many) where I feel like life sucks so much I might as well just drink myself to death.  (I'm not, but the thought does cross my mind)  Is that where your head was at?  And do you mind saying how much you were drinking? 

thanx for the grats

What was in my head? (I am terrible at remembering movies)
I started drinking regularly at 14 when I left (never to return). By the time I was 30, I realized the I wasn’t something-teen anymore, nor twenty-something. The thought occurred to me that all that time, I was really trying to drink myself to death. However, after a couple weekends in the emergency room after trying to detox myself, it became clear that the booze was not killing me, but keeping me alive. Though out my drinking career, I had dabbled in every drug known to mankind, and every x-mas (alone), I would give myself a “white X-Mas”. This plan worked well, except every year the xmas got earlier and lasted longer. The last three years was thanksgiving (Nov) thru my birthday (Feb.). I knew in the bottom of my heart and clear as day, that there was no way I could possibly survive another holiday season. Nov 15 I concluded that this was inevitable. Therefore, for the first time in my life, I actually asked someone for help. My boss told me to take the rest of the year off with pay, come back Jan 3, and your job will be waiting for you. A weak later, I wound up in a detox hospital, had a heart attack and mild stoke. I have not wanted to touch a drop since, until about two months ago. And yes, your intentions were the same as mine, though now I know how, and that is scary indeed.

How much did I drink?
It would be easier to count how much I did not drink (not very much). If I was drinking anything at all, it had alcohol. I did not go to restaurants that did not serve alcohol. I did not know anyone on the face of the earth that did not drink. I had a secretary whom I had called from treatment for cigarettes, “what, where are you, I never seen you drunk”. I asked her how long has she been working here (2 years), and told her that she has never seen me sober. 4 years later, I helped her dad sober up at the same detox place (as an employee).

Very long story, perhaps I will have to get some voice software one day. I really don’t type that well, like most other things, that too is self taught.

Thanx for asking.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2006, 08:14:48 AM »
hiro, i am willing to emoticon up your thread if you want to emo association with me, here.
Misunderstood.

Hibakusha

« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2006, 08:22:15 AM »
my apologies for yesterday
i don't do meds very well at all (obviously)
and i have to take them again today,
like an upper cut from a baseball bat on the Jaw
So can i get an Aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

whine, bitch, whine, cry, boo-hoo, whine, whine

Hibakusha

« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2006, 08:50:55 AM »
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 08:56:23 AM by Hibakusha »

Triste

« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2006, 01:29:05 PM »
Why are you a guest?