Author Topic: Anyone on ssdi  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Anyone on ssdi
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2008, 05:10:29 PM »
I'm also on a DSP (Disability Support Pension). Been thinking of doing a TAFE Course on networking and servers and shit. It will at least teach me how to use Linux enough to get started on it.

Apart from that, I just waste time on the internets and watching shit I download on my Media PC.

Oh yeah and I also do husband stuff and father stuff.

Dopamine antagonist, or something like that?
I'm also on a DSP (Disability Support Pension). Been thinking of doing a TAFE Course on networking and servers and shit. It will at least teach me how to use Linux enough to get started on it.

Apart from that, I just waste time on the internets and watching shit I download on my Media PC.

Oh yeah and I also do husband stuff and father stuff.
How difficult was it for you to get the DSP?
I went to get Newstart or whatever it is called at Centrelink, they looked at the application form I filled out and they said, "Autism? Well just have an interview with the psychologist here and you can get the DSP."

Got diagnosed by Dr. Richard Eisenmajer a having Aspergers Syndrome. He writes it down as  PDD-NOS on the right forms, put em in at  Centrelink. Short Interview at Centrelink. Sit back and collect moneies. All together took around 6 months with 4 of them waiting for appointment with Eisenmajer. Nice guy, even let me pay off my bill (around $500).

I too am on the DSP. And coincedentally it was Richard Eisenmajer who made it possible by diagnosing me as the ambiguous Autism Spectrum Disorder. I only saw him once, but wished I had the opportunity to see him more often I enjoyed talking with him.
But now I'm in WA...So unlikely that I'll see him again.
It is freaky how much you two have in common.

We are twins separated across space and time. I am the evil one.

Can both twins be evil? I have the goatie and I even have a black jedi cloak. I mean how evil is that?

You have a black Jedi cloak?

Do you have a picture of it, by any chance?

I'm planning to make a black Darth Vader cloak for my husband.  He already has the mask.   :laugh:

I could take a picture I guess. Basicly its from a pattern. Some pattern company that does knock offs of stuff like that, they give them different but similar names, like Space Knight instead of Jedi (just an example, not actual name). Its just the regular jedi cloak but done in black. I'll see if I can track down the company and name of the pattern for you. I'll have to ask the boss (read wife).

Thanks, Phlexor.  Your wife made it for you?  That's cool.

Sorry for the late reply, but we only just found the pattern (yeah we are really bad pack rats here).

It's a pattern by Simplicity from their Costumes for Adults range, Pattern Number 4450.

From what I've read, it appears to be out of print, so may be very hard to find. You may have some luck on something like eBay, but you might have to be prepared to pay.

Here's an eBay link to give you an idea Click Me