Author Topic: Oh. My. Fucking. God.  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Oh. My. Fucking. God.
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2008, 10:10:10 PM »
She looks a lot older than what he normally
seems interested in.

Teejay

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2008, 12:54:51 AM »
I've known about this for some time, but I still consider him a great film maker neverless.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2008, 02:14:23 AM »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2008, 02:17:00 AM »
he wouldn't be disturbed by the thought.

Only because I'm undisturbable by even the worst creations of Japanese hentai.   :P  My mum's aged well, but I don't find her even remotely attractive, and I've never wanted to marry her.  Have you been fantasising about me boning my mum?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2008, 02:20:45 AM »
lol maybe. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2008, 03:46:19 AM »
Perv.  :zoinks:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2008, 03:59:25 AM »
one to talk. :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2008, 04:09:05 AM »
I'm  not half as pervy as
people think.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2008, 04:16:14 AM »
you're not? :-*
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2008, 04:25:40 AM »
Nope. Even my fantasies are pretty damned minor.
It's just that I insist on them.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2008, 05:51:28 AM »
i'm not a perv either. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2008, 06:12:58 AM »
Polanski's version of the story is a bit different, if I recall his autobiography correctly. Also, I think that he pleaded guilty to engaging in unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor, not to rape, under the terms of his plea bargain. It was only after hearing that the judge was going to disregard that plea bargain that he fled the US.

I don't approve of what he did, but I suspect that the 13-yo and her mother were far from the innocents they've been portrayed to be. Plenty of 13-year-olds (and their parents) have done more to get their share of the limelight.

There could also be false-memory syndrome involved, though I'm not saying that is or is not the case here.  The legal system really puts kids through the wringer, and when they have detectives, psychologists and social workers repeating the same questions over and over through dozens or hundreds of hours of interviews, the kids start to generate stories that fit the questions and become unable to distinguish their real memories from these manufactured ones.  The classic example is the mousetrap experiment, where children were asked a series of questions multiple times by an interviewer, and in each interview, they were asked if they'd ever caught their hand in a mousetrap.  None of them had, and they all answered in the negative at the beginning of the study, but as the study progressed and the question was repeated over and over during different sessions, many of them came to believe that they had caught their hand in a mousetrap, and made up elaborate stories about going to hospital and so on, none of which was real, but which was firmly believed by the kids.

Several years ago I described the case of a 14 year old boy named Chris, who was led to believe, by his older brother Jim, that he had been lost in a shopping mall at about the age of five and ultimately rescued by an elderly person (Loftus, 1993; Loftus & Ketcham, 1994). Chris's experience provided the idea for a formal study in which people might be led to have childhood memories for events that never happened.

A variation of this procedure has also been used with children whose ages ranged from 3 to 6 (Ceci, Huffman et al, 1994). They were interviewed individually about real (parent- supplied) and fictitious (experimenter-contrived) events, and had to say whether each event happened to them or not. One "false" events concerned getting one's hand caught in a mousetrap and having to go to the hospital to get it removed; another concerned going on a hot air balloon ride with their classmates. The children were interviewed many times. As for the false memories, the young children (3-4 years old) assented to them 44% of the time during the first session, and 36% of the time during the seventh session. The false event was remembered at a somewhat lower rate (25% in the first session, 32% in the seventh session) for the older children (5-6 years old). In another study, involving children of the same age but involving more interviews about different fictitious items (ie falling off a tricycle and getting stitches in the leg), the rate at which children bought into the false memory increased steadily with more interviews (Ceci, Loftus et al, 1994).

Taken together, these results show that people will falsely recall childhood experiences in response to misleading information and the social demands inherent in repeated interviews. The process of false recall appears to depend, in part, on accessing some relevant background information. Hyman and his colleagues hypothesized that some form of schematic reconstruction may account for the creation of false memories. What people appear to do, at the time they encounter the false details, is to call up schematic knowledge that is closely related to the false event.

Furthermore, said Johnson, "these false memories can contain quite specific details." In studies where children have been induced to provide "compellingly vivid accounts of complex events," such as having their finger caught in a mousetrap, experts "can't tell the difference between children's accounts of true and false memories" when viewing videos of the children recounting the events.

Such induced autobiographical memories reflect a number of factors," she noted. "Repeated questioning or thinking about an event increases the details that are remembered or confidence in the memory. Encouraging participants to embed a 'memory' in personally relevant details creates supporting evidence. Also, individuals with high imagery ability seem to be more susceptible to induced false memories, presumably because they embellish more or create representations that are more like perceptions."

In real life, the creation of memories about real events is "influenced by our expectations, imaginations and other ruminations, seeing photographs, hearing other people's accounts, and even seemingly unrelated events, and by our goals and motives at the time of remembering," explained Johnson.

"False memories arise from the same encoding, rehearsal, retrieval, and source monitoring processes that produce true memories; thus one can never be absolutely sure of the truth of any particular memory," she noted. "Remembering is always a judgment call."

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2008, 06:18:00 AM »
Based on his research, Ceci concluded, "It is exceedingly, devilishly difficult for professionals to tell fact from fiction when a child has been repeatedly suggestively interviewed over a long period of time. They look and act the way children do when they are trying to be accurate and honest."

Adults with emotional problems like depression, dissociative disorder or hysteria also tend to be highly susceptible to the suggestion that an imagined event had actually occurred. Professional psychiatric organizations have warned against the use of "memory recovery techniques" to unearth tales of sexual abuse.

According to the Royal College of Psychiatrists, for example, techniques like hypnotherapy, regression therapy and drug-mediated interviews are unproved and not acceptable in psychiatric practice. In guidelines issued three years ago, the college stated that psychiatrists should never use forceful or persuasive interviewing to elicit memories.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2008, 08:24:48 AM »
I already knew.   A 13 year old really would not understand their sexuality enough for me to consider it fully consensual.    It is fucking disgusting also as a 13 year old really isn't developed enough physically, mentally or psychologically to be sexually active.   We have enough kids having kids already in this world.  Statistically, paedophiles are less likely to be rehabilitated than murderers and rapists.   They have a rehab rate of less than 1%, so it is unlikely that he changed.   Especially since he seems to not think it was wrong lol.
Until they treat paedophiles as ill and try to help them rather than ostracise them, they are not going to do much good with rehabilitation.
Some psychologists do treat it as a mental illness.   Almost all paedos were molested themselves, so it is a vicious circle of sorts.   They typically make less of the crime and try to rationalize their behavior. 

Having sex with a child or molesting it can sure fuck up their minds.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2008, 08:38:55 AM »
Okay I'm confused. Lot of you seem to find it okay he had sex with a 13 year old but you guys didn't find it okay when grael was in a relationship with flagg and you guys called her a pedo for it. So why isn't it okay for her to date someone under 18 but it's okay for the director to have sex with someone who was 13 at the time while Grael's online bf was only 16?

Having sex with a minor under the age of consent is worse than dating one IMO.