Author Topic: Noooo !!!!  (Read 272 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Noooo !!!!
« on: April 16, 2008, 05:45:32 PM »
Emo computers yack don't we already have enough emo shit around :zombiefuck:

ScienceDaily (Apr. 15, 2008) — Emotions are an intrinsic part of communications. But machines don’t have, perceive or react to them, which makes us – their handlers – hot under the collar. But thanks to building blocks developed by European researchers, machines that ‘feel’ may no longer be confined to science fiction.

Nearly everybody has to communicate with machines at some level, be it mobile phones, personal computers or annoying, automated customer support ‘solutions’. But the communication is on the machine’s terms, not the person’s.

The problem is easy enough to identify: prodigious increases in processing power, giving machines greater capacities and capabilities, have not been matched by a similar leap forward in interface technology.

Although researchers around the world have been working on making the human-machine interface more user friendly, most of the progress has been on the purely mechanical side.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/04/080412175657.htm
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Sophgay

Re: Noooo !!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 05:48:43 PM »
i'm such an asshole to computers. i used to kick the shit out of my old computer, when it pissed me off. my first laptop got punched in the face so i cracked the screen and had to use my mum's till i got a new one :(

i feel awful about it as it is, if it started being sad whenever i called it a filthy whore, i'd feel even worse.

man this sucks. i'm so glad i don't have much empathy for other humans. it would be exhausting to feel this guilty about all the bad things i do to people. it's easier to just be a jerk and not care.

Sophgay

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 05:49:41 PM »
on the upside, i would quite like a computer girlfriend.

third on my list. and more achievable than the other two.

an alien would be hot too.

i don't mind emos. i liked an emo girl in college. i think they're kinda cute.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 05:52:21 PM »
on the upside, i would quite like a computer girlfriend.

third on my list. and more achievable than the other two.

an alien would be hot too.

i don't mind emos. i liked an emo girl in college. i think they're kinda cute.

As pets :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 06:59:20 PM »
i feel awful about it as it is, if it started being sad whenever i called it a filthy whore, i'd feel even worse.

man this sucks. i'm so glad i don't have much empathy for other humans. it would be exhausting to feel this guilty about all the bad things i do to people. it's easier to just be a jerk and not care.
Yes, like me!  :zoinks:  I call my computer a filthy whore...and feel great about it!  :laugh:
hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Blasted

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 07:00:54 PM »
I used to kick my computer before I got a laptop.

Offline Taimaat

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 02:36:09 AM »

You could program your computer to call you a filthy whore.  One of my first programs was a quiz about sex.
The law of nature threefold
thou do unto others three times
what they have done unto thee.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the Law, Love Under Will.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 03:13:06 AM »
i'm trying not to punch my laptop and instead shake it. i find this works well. :P i get worried i'll damage it by punching. i still call it names though.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 05:42:11 AM »
i'm such an asshole to computers. i used to kick the shit out of my old computer, when it pissed me off. my first laptop got punched in the face so i cracked the screen and had to use my mum's till i got a new one :(

hahahhahahahahah,  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  :plus:

for real life lol.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 05:52:23 AM »
I don't get violent towards my computer when I'm frustrated.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 07:17:58 AM »
Me neither.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 07:22:21 PM »
There's no point. I'd much rather get violent towards a human.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Sophgay

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 07:25:30 PM »
I used to be a real angry bastard. I took it out on my bedroom and trashed the place and broke stuff when I was about 13-15. I've calmed down a lot now, and just punch stuff now and then. I've never got violent with a human. But I'm rarely around the kind of people I'd be likely to get violent with. I'm not gonna hit someone in my family. There are a lot of people online who I'd almost definitely have punched or tried to beat the shit out of, if I'd met them IRL though. It's not good, but it's true.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 05:37:55 PM »
Emo computers yack don't we already have enough emo shit around :zombiefuck:

ScienceDaily (Apr. 15, 2008) — Emotions are an intrinsic part of communications. But machines don’t have, perceive or react to them, which makes us – their handlers – hot under the collar. But thanks to building blocks developed by European researchers, machines that ‘feel’ may no longer be confined to science fiction.

Nearly everybody has to communicate with machines at some level, be it mobile phones, personal computers or annoying, automated customer support ‘solutions’. But the communication is on the machine’s terms, not the person’s.

The problem is easy enough to identify: prodigious increases in processing power, giving machines greater capacities and capabilities, have not been matched by a similar leap forward in interface technology.

Although researchers around the world have been working on making the human-machine interface more user friendly, most of the progress has been on the purely mechanical side.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/04/080412175657.htm
I used to be a real angry bastard. I took it out on my bedroom and trashed the place and broke stuff when I was about 13-15. I've calmed down a lot now, and just punch stuff now and then. I've never got violent with a human. But I'm rarely around the kind of people I'd be likely to get violent with. I'm not gonna hit someone in my family. There are a lot of people online who I'd almost definitely have punched or tried to beat the shit out of, if I'd met them IRL though. It's not good, but it's true.

Yes, like me!  :zoinks:  I call my computer a filthy whore...and feel great about it!  :laugh:

hahahhahahahahah,  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  :plus:

for real life lol.