Educational

Author Topic: Father-Daugther incestous couple have come out  (Read 4962 times)

Teejay

Father-Daugther incestous couple have come out
« on: April 07, 2008, 12:55:53 AM »
If any of you Aussies have kept up with the news as of late, a father-daughter incestuous couple have come out about their relationship on National TV no less.

Incest couple 'had another child'

April 7, 2008 - 12:48PM
Advertisement

A father and daughter, who have a baby girl together, had another child who died a few days after birth from a congenital heart disease, court documents show.

John Earnest Deaves and his daughter Jennifer Anne Deaves are at the centre of an incest scandal in South Australia over their seven-year relationship.

The pair revealed their relationship on the Nine Network's 60 Minutes program last night, saying they were just asking for some respect and understanding.

In March this year, they were placed on three-year good behaviour bonds after pleading guilty to two counts of incest.

District Court sentencing judge Steven Millsteed said the first count of incest was based on an act of sexual intercourse which resulted in the birth of the couple's first child.

The second count of incest related to an act of sexual intercourse which resulted in the birth of their second child in May last year.

"The first child was born in 2001 but died a few days after birth due to a congenital heart disease," Judge Millsteed said.

The couple had started a relationship together after being reunited in 2000, almost 30 years after Mr Deaves separated from Jenny's mother.

Because of problems with her own marriage, Ms Deaves had gone to live with her father at Yongala, in South Australia.

Their physical relationship developed later that year and both ended their marriages and began living together.

"Each of you say that the other has provided care and affection that was missing in your marriage," Judge Millsteed said.

"You also say that although you are father and daughter, that you were virtually strangers when your relationship commenced and that the relationship was based on mutual love and respect."

The couple had their first child while living in Rockhampton, Queensland, before moving to Port Pirie, in South Australia.

After the birth of their second child they moved to Bordertown, near the Victorian border where the Department of Families and Communities became aware of their relationship and turned the matter over to police.

Judge Millsteed said that when contacted by police the Deaves made full admissions.

He said both Jenny and John Deaves told him that they accepted their sexual relationship must end but hoped they would be able to continue to support one another and the children.

But he said while the case was not typical he had to impose a sentence that impressed upon them that any resumption of their incestuous relationship was unacceptable.

"The offence of incest exists not merely to protect children from sexual abuse," Judge Millsteed said.

"In my view, other relevant factors include the need to prevent the high risk of congenital defects in children born of incestuous relationships and to prevent children suffering psychological harm and social stigmatisation." Revealing their relationship on the Nine Network last night, the Deaves said they were just asking for some respect and understanding.

Mr Deaves admitted that he "initially" thought having sex with his daughter was wrong.

"Emotions take over, as people no doubt realise. There are times during your life where emotions do rule the heart, it rules the head," he said.

"I knew it was illegal. Of course, I knew it was illegal but you know, so what."

Sophgay

Re: Father-Daugther incestous couple have come out
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 03:21:50 AM »
I don't care about adult consensual incestuous relationships, but they shouldn't be having kids together ffs

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 03:55:40 AM »
Inbreeding has advantages.

Persona

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 03:58:42 AM »
Like what, deformities?

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 04:01:02 AM »
No. Just look at the reasons animal breeders use it
as a tool. So long as you're willing to discard the
weak, it can speed selection.

Sophgay

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 04:02:32 AM »
Getting someone pregnant, fully aware that there's a massive chance the poor kid will be fucked up and die very young, is just evil.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 04:05:12 AM »
So, people with AS shouldn't spawn?

Didn't someone get run out of here
for that idea?

Sophgay

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 04:06:25 AM »
how is AS the same?

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 04:07:46 AM »
Probably a greater chance of producing
someone who will be a burden on society.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 04:07:56 AM »
I don't care about adult consensual incestuous relationships, but they shouldn't be having kids together ffs

What's your objection to them having kids?  First-generation incestuous couples only have an additional risk of congenital defects of a few percent above baseline, while many couples are permitted to have children despite knowing they have a 25% or greater chance of serious defects, and the social stigma argument doesn't hold water in light of gay couples being allowed to have children.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 04:08:31 AM »
Exactly.

Sophgay

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 04:10:04 AM »
It's not the social stigma, it's the defects.
I don't think anyone who's got a high risk of having kids with serious illnesses etc should have them, if it's going to make the child suffer

Not the same as a child in pain and dying within a few weeks/years

Persona

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 04:12:42 AM »
I don't see the correlation between gay people having kids and father and daughter producing deformed babies.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 04:19:09 AM »
It's not the social stigma, it's the defects.
I don't think anyone who's got a high risk of having kids with serious illnesses etc should have them, if it's going to make the child suffer

Read his whole statement.

Not the same as a child in pain and dying within a few weeks/years

Ah yes, much better that they have MS,
and suffer a lifetime?

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 04:20:14 AM »
I don't see the correlation between gay people having kids and father and daughter producing deformed babies.

THINK. He's pointing out the social stigma as one of the possible
issues. He already handled the physical, in the first sentence.

No wonder it's so fucking hard to show people difficult things,
when they can't even see the absolutely trivial.