Author Topic: Meet the Scroungers  (Read 303 times)

Persona

Meet the Scroungers
« on: March 22, 2008, 11:59:02 AM »
These people make me sick.

Known as the "Shameless" family among horrified neighbours, the McFaddens "boast" three generations of adults who are not working.

All ten members of the clan share a council house and live off benefits amounting to around £32,000 a year. And very happy they are, too.

Matriarch is grandmother Sue McFadden, 54. "Our neighbours are so snobby - they call us the "Shameless" family and say that we ought to go out to work. But how can we work when we have all these children to look after?

"The only problem is," she says without a hint of irony, "that we're living in a three-bedroom council house, which is ridiculous.

"I'm asking the council for a ten-bedroom home for all of us. We need more space. It's awful sometimes when all the children are squabbling. Still, we do have a big TV with Sky, but we need some relaxation."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=541598&in_page_id=1770

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Meet the Scroungers
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 12:58:10 PM »
They want a ten bedroom house on welfare :clap:  What Balls. I consider myself a scrounger because I let almost nothing go to waste and pick up stuff for free from the dump I consider them bums even then it gives bums a bad name
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Sophgay

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 01:03:00 PM »
People like this on benefits are the reason it's taking me ages to get some
I am meant to be getting Incapacity Benefit while I'm unemployed, till I go back to uni
I've been paying for a private support person to help me with things, and am seeing someone else soon, so I am actually trying to change so that I'll be able to work. But till then, I was meant to be getting benefits. Not much, but something at least. Been trying to sort it since January, and still hasn't been. At this rate, there'll be no point. All this crap, doctors coming round to see me and filling in millions of forms, when there are assholes getting it and abusing it all the time

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 03:38:25 AM »
These people make me sick.

Known as the "Shameless" family among horrified neighbours, the McFaddens "boast" three generations of adults who are not working.

All ten members of the clan share a council house and live off benefits amounting to around £32,000 a year. And very happy they are, too.

Matriarch is grandmother Sue McFadden, 54. "Our neighbours are so snobby - they call us the "Shameless" family and say that we ought to go out to work. But how can we work when we have all these children to look after?

"The only problem is," she says without a hint of irony, "that we're living in a three-bedroom council house, which is ridiculous.

"I'm asking the council for a ten-bedroom home for all of us. We need more space. It's awful sometimes when all the children are squabbling. Still, we do have a big TV with Sky, but we need some relaxation."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=541598&in_page_id=1770

Reality =/= Shameless family. (They should sell me their excess teenage daughters).
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 08:08:10 AM »
Is there really such a thing as a ten bedroom council house?

I would be willing to bet that none of us can afford to live in a ten bedroom home, so I don't see how these people expect to get one from the council.

duncvis

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 11:25:08 AM »
Its one of the Daily Heil's favourite themes, when they're not castigating immigrants, Muslims, gays or *insert out-group here*... the daily mail is a paper for right-wing, narrow minded, self-righteous twats. I wonder how many sink estates they trawled through in order to fill their readers with righteous indignation, with these extreme, unrepresentative examples? :puke:

Sophgay

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 11:27:56 AM »
:agreed:

I hate the Daily Mail
My step-dad buys it sometimes, and I read through it when I'm bored
It's full of shit

Offline Callista

• one
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 04:15:55 PM »
I don't see how anybody would choose to live on welfare, if they had the option to go to work. It's boring and your life feels like it's not going anywhere.

duncvis

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 07:21:04 PM »
 :agreed:

ozymandias

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 09:06:57 AM »
They want a ten bedroom house on welfare :clap:  What Balls. I consider myself a scrounger because I let almost nothing go to waste and pick up stuff for free from the dump I consider them bums even then it gives bums a bad name

Agreed.  Talk about a sense of entitlement.  I know a large family nearby, who need assistance from the food pantry and other things, their house isn't huge either with all their kids.  But, they are grateful for everything they can get and nice people to boot.

thepeaguy

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 05:49:31 AM »
I don't see how anybody would choose to live on welfare, if they had the option to go to work. It's boring and your life feels like it's not going anywhere.

Hurray!

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 07:40:15 PM »
wtf? Does that girl in that picture have a beard? Her face looks like a man.
Park.

Sophgay

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 07:41:23 PM »
oh yeah, it does haha

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 07:45:56 PM »
i like that "Can sausages give you cancer?" ad.
Park.