Author Topic: First sign that you were getting old  (Read 2103 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: First sign that you were getting old
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2008, 10:50:56 AM »
we love midgets.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Sophgay

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2008, 10:56:27 AM »
midgets are hot

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2008, 10:57:55 AM »
shit, accutane. my favorite actor might have killed himself on that stuff. i dunno why he killed himself but they said he took accutane. :(
Which actor?

A friend of mine swears to this day that Accutane did something to me mentally.  I do know that I've not really been the same since I took it.  :-\  I never had psychotic symptoms or even really felt depressed while I was on it, but something probably did change.  And the physical side effects were just horrible.  I actually marked each day off the calendar the entire five months I had to take it.  I was one of those people that probably did need to take it, because my face literally hurt from the acne.  But that is one scary motherfucking drug.
hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2008, 10:58:07 AM »
i like zach.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2008, 11:00:42 AM »
shit, accutane. my favorite actor might have killed himself on that stuff. i dunno why he killed himself but they said he took accutane. :(
Which actor?

A friend of mine swears to this day that Accutane did something to me mentally.  I do know that I've not really been the same since I took it.  :-\  I never had psychotic symptoms or even really felt depressed while I was on it, but something probably did change.  And the physical side effects were just horrible.  I actually marked each day off the calendar the entire five months I had to take it.  I was one of those people that probably did need to take it, because my face literally hurt from the acne.  But that is one scary motherfucking drug.

Jonathan Brandis. he supposedly took accutane before his suicide. his former teacher said so too, he came to our message board and prolly is still there. i stopped going cuz we only had in common that we were all fucked up about his death but really nothing else. though i think i met an autistic chick there.

it sucks if you were so permanently affected. :-\
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Sophgay

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2008, 11:01:59 AM »
thats why i hate xanax

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2008, 11:02:42 AM »
What's Accutane, anyway?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2008, 11:03:31 AM »
xanax? why do you hate xanax?

accutane is for acne, it's supposed to make people suicidal.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Tristeza

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2008, 11:04:08 AM »
Which actor?

Jonathan Brandis. he supposedly took accutane before his suicide. his former teacher said so too, he came to our message board and prolly is still there. i stopped going cuz we only had in common that we were all fucked up about his death but really nothing else. though i think i met an autistic chick there.

it sucks if you were so permanently affected. :-\
I think it was a combination of factors going on in my life, but yeah it may actually have done something. 

I didn't know about that actor.  I'll have to google him.  That suicide link is hard to prove, kind of like the one with SSRIs.  People who are taking both drugs are probably already depressed teeenagers, so it's hard to determine whether or not these drugs actually initiated suicidal thoughts or if they were already there.  :-\

Sophgay

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2008, 11:04:58 AM »
death

Offline Tristeza

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2008, 11:05:59 AM »
What's Accutane, anyway?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotretinoin

It's a pretty wild drug.  I've never been someone bothered by side effects, but this stuff almost did me in.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2008, 11:07:26 AM »
I took Accutane from age 17 to 19.   I took my first visit to the mental health facility not long after I took myself off of Zoloft and had finished taking Accutane.    It did get rid of my acne, but I was a depressed bastard long before I started taking it.   I was suicidal as early as age 13.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2008, 11:10:42 AM »
i wouldn't take it though.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2008, 11:16:47 AM »
Scary stuff. I guess it's a sign that means you won't get much older...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2008, 11:17:58 AM »
someone is trying to get back on tooopic.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar