Educational

Author Topic: Interesting shit at work  (Read 804 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Interesting shit at work
« on: March 13, 2008, 02:55:22 AM »
Interesting things sure happen at work, especially at my job. Yesterday at work, at the last minute of my 15 minute break I get beeped on the radio and get told to come to the office and get some Nature Grace (name of a chemical) and go up to the lobby and spray the couch because there was a homeless guy on it.
I go up there and spray it and I see the police car out there parked on the side of the road and I see a guy in the back which was the bum but I couldn't get a really good look at him. I saw the police officer out there with the hotel security. 

This was the seventh time he came back I learned. For the past two days he has kept coming back and then it was seven days total, now eight. He was arrested at four o clock in the afternoon and he was taken to the Salvation Army because the police felt sorry for him and they told him just don't come back to that hotel. He comes back less than an hour later and I get beeped at 4:47 PM and then five hours later he comes back. He was arrested again but this time he peed on the couch so I had to spray it and then it was brought down to the office so the shampoo guy can shampoo it and this was not the first time he peed on it. He did it two nights ago and this guy who works in banquets who helped carried it down said "He will be wearing diapers next time."
I think that was a joke. He can't afford them if he doesn't have any money and I doubt they are going to buy him diapers and ask him to put them on.

Plus he stinks, his pants smell bad. I think he is incontinent. He looks to be in his sixties one of them said and he is mentally unstable. They can tell by the way he talks and he looks like he is listening but he really isn't. He could have Alzheimer's but who knows. I thought this was very interesting.

Other interesting things we might get at work is we have to make sure we close the bathroom doors or a bum could come in and take stuff out of the restroom. We have to make sure we close the doors to the linen closets or bums could get into them and take stuff out of there or even use them for shelter. I was told a story about there was a bum who was sleeping in one of the closets and the maids couldn't get the door open so they had to take the rims off the door (I don't know how they did it if the rims are on the other side of the door in the closet) and there was a blockade of the carts and there was a homeless guy sleeping. They had him arrested. This happened in the late 1980's or 90's but it was a high chance it happened when my family and I were still living in the area since we moved away in '98.

I don't understand why people feel intimated by homeless people. Of course they don't know if they have guns or not or any weapons so it's understandable but we will mind as well feel the same way about other people too who aren't homeless. Go out and feel intimated by other people you see in stores, on the road, in malls, supermarkets so that's why feeling threatened by homeless people doesn't make any sense. I just ignore them. But I can understand why the bum wasn't wanted in our hotel, he stinks, guests don't need to put up with that, especially people who are checking in, he wets his pants, our hotel isn't a homeless shelter. They don't allow people to stay for free so that means they can't stay in the lobby and sleep or just hang out. That's one of the reasons why we have security. Plus imagine coming into nice hotel where rooms cost $179 dollars a night or more and there you see a bunch of homeless people loitering in the lobby, what would you think of the place? I don't think lot of people would want to stay there.

richard

Re: Interesting shit at work
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 10:14:47 AM »
i dont feel intimidated by homeless people, and half that story was hilarious  :LMAO:

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 02:01:18 PM »
I really feel bad for homeless people, it just seems like nobody really likes to help them, but by the same token it seems many don't really want to help themselves.

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 06:09:34 PM »
Reminds me of my first day in the city I now live in.  After dropping the truck off at the local U-Haul place, I took a taxicab back to my apartment.  The cab passed a hitchhiker on an Interstate on-ramp, and of course he had his thumb up at the cab just like any other vehicle that went by.  I laughed at the very idea that I was paying an outrageous price for the ride and some bum thought he stood even a slight chance of riding for free.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 06:36:23 PM »
I really feel bad for homeless people, it just seems like nobody really likes to help them, but by the same token it seems many don't really want to help themselves.
I guess people aren't accustomed to people who don't look and act like themselves.

richard

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 06:42:01 PM »
I guess people aren't accustomed to people who don't look and act like themselves.
that ruled and is exactly it

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 06:48:10 PM »
Homeless people make me feel more at home.

richard

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 02:08:20 PM »
Homeless people make me feel more at home.
:)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 02:17:20 AM »
Update:

The guy had came back the next day at four in the morning and he came back again at 3:30. This time he was just standing and he peed on the emergency exit doorway. I also found out he was in the main building on the third floor sleeping and he was kicked out. We have two buildings, we call one the main the building and the other The Executive Tower and they are diagonally across from each other.
I even got some information about the guy what he was wearing and what he looks like by asking people who work on the lobby floor. I was asking a young guy in the break room about him and the office clerk told me to hush about the pee and then she finally said she was drinking pop so I stopped. That explained her weird behavior. She wasn't eating any food. She also told me I be a good lawyer because they ask so many questions, especially about what people look like, what they had on.
I wonder if he came back again yesterday but I won't find out till I work in the tower again on Wednesday.

I told my mother about the bum coming back and she said "Oh my god, you've got to be kidding," and I said "I'm not kidding, he really did come back. I'm serious."
Then she said "He is nuts."
Then I realized she did believe me so I said I thought she was calling me a liar and she said she didn't call me a liar and I said "But you told me I've got to be kidding," and she said it was a saying, it just means "oh my god."
Why does this homeless guy keep picking the Hilton instead of going to other places to be kicked out of? My mother suggested maybe the place is familiar to him so he stays there. Maybe his family always stayed at Hilton Hotels when he was a kid so the place is familiar to him. My mother has better ideas than I do. I never thought of that. I only thought maybe he has Alzheimers or is senile or he has problems with his memory he doesn't remember being told to leave and not come back, being arrested and the fact he maybe forgets to go to the bathrooms so that's why he wets himself or he is incontinent. I don't even know how old the guy is, I was told in his sixties and the young guy I was talking too, he said he looked about 39 or 40 when I asked him. I like to ask different people the same question because I want to see if the answer is the same, or if it's just an opinion or a fact, what people think. I know now the guy might not be in his sixties since the young guy said he looked about 39 or 40.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 06:13:04 AM »
I don't like to poop at work.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 10:36:01 AM »
Used to have to clean it out of the elevators
often.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 06:53:40 AM »
Going by the title and the thread starter, I was expecting the worst.

This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 09:59:05 PM »
 :plus:

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 01:05:58 AM »
I had to work in the tower and I checked with one of the security's and he hasn't been back since Thursday. The police must have finally taken care of him this time for real than taking him to a shelter where he just leaves again or holding him in jail and releasing him.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 08:53:44 PM »
Yeah. The riff-raff just disappear,
in better areas. Saw an article about
how they get driven to areas where
they won't cause richer people to have
to deal with them.

Kinda like the way this site is turning, eh?