Educational

Author Topic: professionalism at work  (Read 220 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
professionalism at work
« on: March 02, 2008, 08:52:10 PM »
I seem to be a completely different person at work almost to the point of acting I can be so confident professional and clear when talking about work.  The other day at a meeting I talked over the head of the builder, architect and town rep impressing them with my solutions and and ideas.  I led them around like puppy dogs it was kinda sad after I had a hard time with the most basic communication it was embarrassing but ask me about work I can talk your ear off.  It makes me crazy. any suggestions small talk seems to do it for many people but I am sadly deficient in this.  I get along best with the architect I think he is close to the spectrum so thats the angle for now Others like this too
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: professionalism at work
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 09:22:45 PM »
My personality conflicts between two people. The professional, sensible one, and the stupid goofy raging one.

I'm always contridicting myself and stuff and it makes me seem like a hypocrite, heh.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 09:56:22 PM »
i can also be a spaz one moment and then serious and actually know what i'm talking about. he thing is noone used to take me seriously cuz they saw my spaz side and thought i was an idiot. lol then i would tell them something and they'd be like yeah right and then i'd be right. people shouldn't make assumptions about people.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 10:15:38 PM »
parts, I guess you are at your best when dealing with work because you are being logical and know what you are talking about. Small talk isn't very logical and has emotions involved as well and maybe that is why some of us aren't so good at that.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Sophgay

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 02:09:23 AM »
i can also be a spaz one moment and then serious and actually know what i'm talking about. he thing is noone used to take me seriously cuz they saw my spaz side and thought i was an idiot. lol then i would tell them something and they'd be like yeah right and then i'd be right. people shouldn't make assumptions about people.

i had that problem all through school

Persona

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 03:27:34 AM »
I get too bossy for my own good.   I like control  :laugh:

When I was a volunteer, I used to order actual workers who were employed there, about  ::)

I guess I'm not very professional at the moment, I still have to call my boss and explain why I didn't turn up to work twice in a row and tell her that I'm leaving.  So NOT looking forward to that conversation.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 03:58:56 AM »
your sig is cool Luficee, it's one of my favorite tunes. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Persona

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 04:01:02 AM »