Educational

Author Topic: Should I swallow my pride  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Should I swallow my pride
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2008, 11:04:00 PM »
You do a good deal of ignoring online because you can't be bothered?  Most people don't interest you as friends casually?   I can understand why most wouldn't romantically interest you, as there is more involved.

To be honest, meeting someone off the net is one of the most awkward things i've ever had to do. If I'm going to keep doing it, I want to make sure it's worth it first.
I am satisfied with never meeting the majority of the people I talk to on the net in real life.   I have met a few and it went ok.   Just talking to someone in person is awkward enough for me.   It wasn't too hard talking to someone IRL who I spent many hours with chatting in FFXI anyways.  We knew one another fairly well in FFXI before meeting, so it wasn't a shocker in person as to how the other person would be.  They were decent people, even though they need to stop having kids (4 fucking kids, wear a damn condom lol).

You would make sure if it is worth anything by talking to the person of course.  I wouldn't know if a person was worth being friends with, nevermind actually meeting up with them, if I didn't get to know them on the net.   Talking to people on IM is nothing to me, as it is really easy to just delete or block someone who is harrassing me.    I have never used an internet dating site, so I wouldn't know how those work.   I bet women get flooded with stuff on dating sites. 
:P   Internets are super serious.