Educational

Author Topic: lets all apprechiate this motherfucker  (Read 569 times)

richard

lets all apprechiate this motherfucker
« on: February 29, 2008, 04:59:30 PM »
bob fucking ross! shame he couldnt outlive that dude in the bible who was 900 years old. he was better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross

ozymandias

Re: lets all apprechiate this motherfucker
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 06:11:48 PM »
Wow, somebody else besides me who knows about Bob Ross!!   :o  I considered watching his show "The Joy of Painting" as one of my guilty pleasures.  Especially after a morning of watching toddler/tot shows like Sesame Street, etc, when Amber was a toodler.  In  MAine his show would come on after the last of the kiddie shows was done on Public TV.  I loved his energy, banter and the way he could explain how to paint in a way that made you feel that even I could do a good painting.

He saved my sanity many a weekday afternoon!  Amber napping, a hot cup of tea and Bob Ross's "Joy of Painting."   :green:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 06:15:05 PM »
Let's make some happy trees :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 09:32:14 PM »
"... and a mighty mountain." 

Bob Ross was awesome.  I watched his show every weekend.  He was always so soothing.  I tried painting like he did, but sucked at it.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

ozymandias

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 09:46:25 PM »
"... and a mighty mountain." 

Bob Ross was awesome.  I watched his show every weekend.  He was always so soothing.  I tried painting like he did, but sucked at it.

He was far more entertaining than 99% of the crap on tv.  He just seemed honest and full of more decency and genuiness then I have seen in many other people.  A cup of tea and a half hour of his show was time well spent.  I didn't care if I painted like he did or taught, it was just a pleasure to watch him do his thing.  Ironically, I bought a painting that I saw him do, at a yard sale, it wasn't done by him, but, it was obviously done by somebody who followed his instructions.  A mountain and some "happy" trees!   8)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 10:48:37 PM »
oh no! Bob Ross is dead? :( i loved watching him paint early in the morning before i went to sleep. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

richard

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 11:26:14 PM »
yes he is dead.  :-[ he was one cool motherfucker and i also enjoyed his paintings and cheerful disposition :(

i wish he was my dad

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 12:38:45 AM »
his trees always had to have a friend. that's why they were happy. :laugh:

i didn't know he died in 95, i thought he was still alive. i watched him last year a lot.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 07:22:51 AM »
More people should be like he was it would just make life so much easier  I try but don't always succeed
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 08:17:29 AM »
yes he is dead.  :-[ he was one cool motherfucker and i also enjoyed his paintings and cheerful disposition :(

i wish he was my dad

He was one of those people that what you see is what you get, a good man inside and out.  Happily eccentric, quiet, calm and positive.  He would talk about his squirrels every chance he got.  The Bob Ross style painting that I bought makes me remember him everytime I look at it.

Offline monastic

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 09:47:46 AM »
So sad that Bob Ross is gone.  I once saw a parody a comedian did on Bob Ross as he was doing his show and painting "happy little trees" he would occasionally have VietNam flashbacks and....well I guess you'd hafta see it.  I couldn't find that parody but I found some pretty funny ones on YouTube;

This one's called
Bob Ross has issues;

...and for the Star Wars fans....

(Not only do I miss the happy little trees, I also miss the lonely little trees too.)
"To Live a Love, you gotta Give A Love;  To Give A Love, you gotta Be "Part Of"..."   Neil Young - "A Man Needs A Maid"

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 10:56:24 PM »
I used to watch him all the time, he was cool.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 12:14:51 AM »
Holy crap, I remember that show. Saw it once when I was like nine, at a friend's house on a sleepover, before anyone else was up. It was the most amazing thing, because my parents didn't have a TV, so I didn't know there were such things as how-to-paint shows. He was painting onto a black canvas. I've loved doing that ever since.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 11:54:47 AM »
That guy had the most relaxing voice ever, very soothing.   I enjoyed watching his show every once in a while.
:P   Internets are super serious.

ozymandias

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 11:58:58 AM »
That guy had the most relaxing voice ever, very soothing.   I enjoyed watching his show every once in a while.

Plus he had a kind of energy that was restful, but not boring.