Author Topic: The proper way to beat your wife  (Read 768 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: The proper way to beat your wife
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 06:14:42 AM »
That's fucked up. Where is this, do you know?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Sophgay

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 06:28:00 AM »
oldham

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 06:32:58 AM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 06:33:45 AM »
That's fucked up. Where is this, do you know?

I don't know who the speaker is or where it was recorded, but it might be related to this:

On January 14, 2004, Sheikh Muhammad Kamal Mustafa, the imam of the mosque of the city of Fuengirola, Costa del Sol, was sentenced by a Barcelona court to a 15 month suspended sentence and fined € 2160 for publishing his book 'The Woman in Islam.' In this book, the Egyptian-born Sheikh Mustafa writes, among other things, on wife-beating in accordance with Shar'ia law.

On pages 86-87, Mustafa states: "The [wife-]beating must never be in exaggerated, blind anger, in order to avoid serious harm [to the woman]." He adds, "It is forbidden to beat her on the sensitive parts of her body, such as the face, breast, abdomen, and head. Instead, she should be beaten on the arms and legs," using a "rod that must not be stiff, but slim and lightweight so that no wounds, scars, or bruises are caused." Similarly, "[the blows] must not be hard." [1]

Mustafa noted in his book that the aim of the beating was to cause the woman to feel some emotional pain, without humiliating her or harming her physically. According to him, wife-beating must be the last resort to which the husband turns in punishing his wife, and is, according to the Qur'an, Chapter 4, Verse 34, the husband's third step when the wife is rebellious: First, he must reprimand her, without anger. Next, he must distance her from the conjugal bed. Only if these two methods fail should the husband turn to beating.

In his verdict, the judge said that Sheikh Mustafa's book contained incitement to violence against women, that today's society is completely different from society 1400 years ago, and that the sections of the book in which the sheikh wrote of wife-beating constitute a violation of the penal code and of women's constitutional rights. In his defense, Sheikh Mustafa's attorney argued that his client was not expressing his personal opinion, but only reiterating the writings of Islam from the 13th and 19th centuries. [2]

The book, which sold around 3,000 copies in Islamic cultural centers across Spain, was removed from the shelves. [3]

The following report will review the writings and statements of Muslim clerics and of other Islamic religious institutions that instead of condemning wife-beating, discuss it as a legitimate way of "disciplining" the wife, based on the Qur'an (4:34).
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 06:38:25 AM »
I'm glad the nutcase Sheikh was sentenced and fined. Unfortunately, there are many like him.

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 06:41:44 AM »
lol did anyone read the part about the conjugal bed? the husband won't put out. :laugh:

the law makes the beating sound no beating at all. take a branch and whip her lightly. eh? kinky.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 07:57:03 AM »
lol did anyone read the part about the conjugal bed? the husband won't put out. :laugh:

the law makes the beating sound no beating at all. take a branch and whip her lightly. eh? kinky.

1.) Yeah, he just finds somebody else to fuck.

2.) I was also thinking that this might be some sort of Islamically sanctioned S&M thing.
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 10:06:28 AM »
These are not the beatings I have read about, but they are pretty damn hilarious.   I have no problems with kinky sex related stuff, just the wife ownership type disobedience beatings bother me. 

There is a girl who is from Afghanistan in my class on MWF.   While that entire country wasn't full of Taliban wife-beating types, it was pretty widespread from what she said.    She is damn hot.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 10:12:46 AM »
These are not the beatings I have read about, but they are pretty damn hilarious.   I have no problems with kinky sex related stuff, just the wife ownership type disobedience beatings bother me. 

There is a girl who is from Afghanistan in my class on MWF.   While that entire country wasn't full of Taliban wife-beating types, it was pretty widespread from what she said.    She is damn hot.

Maybe you should tell her about your big, stiff rod and what you'll do to her with it if she's naughty.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 10:20:36 AM »
Can we beat that guy too :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 10:21:51 AM »

Maybe you should tell her about your big, stiff rod and what you'll do to her with it if she's naughty.
I don't know if I should be that obvious.    Next time I see her, I might talk to her some if I don't get too nervous and walk out of class right after it ends.   Other people tend to stick around and talk a little, I sit near the door and leave ASAP.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 12:41:55 PM »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 11:24:12 PM »
Here's another one advocating wife-beating, from another Muslim cleric:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c0a_1181431973

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 03:28:17 AM »
A woman is like an electrical appliance:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=085_1182759679

"When you purchase an electric appliance or a car, you get a manual - a catalogue explaining how to use it.  The creator of man has sent down this book (the Koran) in order to show man which ways he must choose.  We mustn't be ashamed before the nations of the world, who are still in their days of ignorance, to admit that these (beatings) are part of our religious law.  We must remind the ignorant from among the Islamic nation who followed the (west), that those (westerners) acknowledge the wondrous nature of this verse.

The (intelligent) people in the West acknowledge that a woman does not feel comfort and is not happy unless she's under a man who commands, forbids, controls and leads.  This is the nature of people according to Allah's creation."
"We pray Allah will help her husband later.  He will only get along with her if he practices wife beating."
"The third type is a twisted woman who will not obey her husband.  Unless he oppresses her, beats her, uses force against her, and overpowers her with his voice."