Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: OK
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 09:12:07 AM »
Oh, I wouldn't limit this to site politics.
That's where I get interested, but you
see the same mechanism at work elsewhere.
I never got why you did not actively engage in it while a student, coming to think of it. Its my main playground these days.

I didn't like the clique like nature of the SA.  :laugh:

Plus, I was busy with other fun. I DID get
involved, in order to help bring about (and
attempt to save, later) a gaming club.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 11:25:04 AM »
Just to let everyone know I'm leaving again, it was a bad idea for me to come back in the first place after 3 months of Intensity rehab. :laugh:  I had asked for my account deleting but I'm not ready to just throw away all of my PM's yet (I have almost 3000 so its not going to be an easy task sorting them out), so I'll just go karma free and be removed from the elders group for now.

Personally I would have preferred to have left like I did last time- swap emails with the handful of people I wanted to keep in touch with and just log out.  Making an announcement like this is making me cringe. :-[   BUT- I don't want anyone making assumptions about why I left and/or using these supposed reasons as ammo in any argument.  (FFS last time it seems that certain people assumed Dunc and I were having relationship problems  ::) )

I am leaving because basically I'm sick of all the arguing.  It takes up too much of my time because I can't do anything half-heartedly- I always have to throw myself into it.   I don't think Intensity has stuck to the original vision. I feel its become more about picking sides and always being right than about being a site run by all its members.  People pick sides and don't bother even considering whether a different viewpoint might be just as valid.  I know people will disagree with me on this, hey what's new  :laugh:, but that's how it seems to me (and has done for a long time).

The fact that a dissenting voice might feel drowned about by the sea of people rushing to the defence of a popular member was something some of us actually used to worry about.  Hell the Free for all was first set up so that people could post as a guest about site policy (admittedly it never really got used that way).  Now we don't give a shit about avoiding the pack mentality. That may be Intensity in the free speech, only the toughest can take it  (unless your friends with staff and then you can get nannied) sense- but I don't think its what any of us who were there at the start envisioned.  I know things change and I can accept that- I just don't like the way things have changed here.

Chalk me down as someone who decided that being 'Intense' isn't always a desirable thing.

sorry to hear that, PI.  :( 

i know the feeling of dismay when things start slipping away, but stopped caring earlier, which is probably a blessing.

take care and keep knitting.

vx

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 11:32:29 AM »
there's a pull in two directions. why can't we just sit down? or better, get drunk?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 02:20:32 PM »
there's a pull in two directions. why can't we just sit down? or better, get drunk?

i2 Lovefest 2008? OK Count me in
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »

But it feels more like a cold rain that a pull from two directions.

If it was two directions, it would be easier.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

richard

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »
the female peaguy. see ya

:'(

richard

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 02:31:57 PM »
on second thought this could turn into a fantastic drama with ahayes, if your leaving because of him thats a pretty stupid reason to leave. i think we all know ahayes is a loser

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 02:33:15 PM »
on second thought this could turn into a fantastic drama with ahayes, if your leaving because of him thats a pretty stupid reason to leave. i think we all know ahayes is a loser

Your matches are wet, Richard.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

richard

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 02:34:22 PM »
well im not tryin to start a fire, looks like ones already lit. i wanna eat by the fire :popcorn:

duncvis

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 02:35:39 PM »
don't worry richard, she wouldn't leave on account of that cumbucket - as far as she's concerned, he has mommy issues and is clearly afraid of women. :LOL:

This was more related to the reasons she left three months ago.

richard

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 02:40:17 PM »
well, alright. maybe i'll sit this one out, im already in enough dramas :laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 02:49:15 PM »
well im not tryin to start a fire, looks like ones already lit. i wanna eat by the fire :popcorn:

It was a play on words, Bud.

A way of saying that PI has so many more things to involve herself with than internet "drama."

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 03:24:03 PM »
Bye sorry to see you go I always liked your posts.   Good luck in whatever you do and stop back once and a while to say hi
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 03:34:38 PM »
This is what prompted the cowardly attack on my profile by changing my custom title?  You're bitch is weak.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 03:53:38 PM »

SHOUTING POSTS SHOULD ONLY BE DONE WITH PROPER GRAMMAR!