Educational

Author Topic: drive thru horrors  (Read 1469 times)

Hibakusha

Re: drive thru horrors
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2006, 07:32:43 AM »
Will these chapters explain why frontline staff earning a pittance deserve to take shit?

Please see chapter 3

duncvis

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2006, 07:38:52 AM »
Way to miss the point...

how are the minimum wage counter staff (who if they are anything like the staff in the UK tend to be those with fewer options - immigrants, young kids with no skills/decent qualifications, the less able) 'narrow minded bleeding heart liberal jerks looking for an excuse to be a victim' ?  :o ???

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2006, 07:45:47 AM »
Just out of interest McJ- how can you encourage people to boycott Walmart, but justify buying from McDonalds?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2006, 09:16:22 AM »
you beat me to it, PI.

ditto, then:  mcj - over to you...

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2006, 09:32:40 AM »
I used to work at a fast food place and I wasn't a lazy cunt. I made damn sure I put out the right food, because I would be pissed if I got stiffed. I usually do take it up with the manager, but if the worker who fucked up my meal doesn't give a shit, he/she will get a piece of my mind too.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2006, 09:44:42 AM »
Will these chapters explain why frontline staff earning a pittance deserve to take shit?
they need to get their priorities straight.  they need to realize that we are all in the same boat.  they need to stop supporting the zillion dollar clown in lieu of other people just like them

if you hadn't noticed in my story i brought it up and was rejected when i said i want my 50 cents.  i got a little more animated when i wanted extras for free.  but i reserved my absolute shit stirring for the managers. 

here's the thing, plant the seed.  thats why i bring it up.
Misunderstood.

Hibakusha

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2006, 10:37:44 AM »
Way to miss the point...

how are the minimum wage counter staff (who if they are anything like the staff in the UK tend to be those with fewer options - immigrants, young kids with no skills/decent qualifications, the less able) 'narrow minded bleeding heart liberal jerks looking for an excuse to be a victim' ?  :o ???

They are stepping in were they do not belong, the complaint department is not at the cashier, however that is where I must go to get directions to the complaint department. if the individual at the counter makes the decision to deal with me and take it personally, that is a choice beyond my control. They are then the victims of their own decision.
For the record, I once walked right pass the front counter and into the managers little cube of an office. Where I demanded my order to be corrected immediately. She basically said "if my staff has made a mistake, I will correct your order, but if you barge into my office again, you will be eating a lot less at the local jail", so I apologized to her, picked off the onions and laid them in the trash can in her office. So I guess women do a much better job at managing a fast food place, because I have not had a confrontation since with a female manager.

Triste

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2006, 02:25:10 PM »
For the record, I enjoyed reading Chapter Two.  It was rather well-written, had a climax and a happy ending, even for the dog.

Hibakusha

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2006, 07:28:34 PM »
why thank you, I am now that much closer to being the millionaire and having that party  ;D

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2016, 09:39:47 PM »
This belongs in the "First world problems" thread.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2016, 02:49:11 AM »
This is certainly an old thread.

I don't like drive thrus, especially if I am ordering for someone else because they usually change their mind about what they want while I am actually in the car telling the person in the machine what I want. Too much trouble. Let them change their mind in the restaurant while I park outside.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.