Author Topic: drive thru horrors  (Read 1470 times)

Hibakusha

Re: drive thru horrors
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2006, 11:07:18 PM »
I would share but there all gone

Hibakusha

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2006, 01:53:15 AM »
please excuse the flower smell delay, but this topic shall never Die, ever, never, rever..or is that rose penny delay hmmmmmm

To begin with, I am allergic to onions, combined with the fact that it takes great skills to produce the exact perfection according to the picture on the wall, it is their duty to me as a loyal American citizen and frequent customer who knows the entire crew on a first name basis.
That is usually the plan as I am getting out of the truck while slamming the door loud enough to shake the windows inside the store. Upon entering said establishment, the torn bag usually gets caught in the door. I find other customers quite friendly by allowing to go to the front of the line and splatting the burger wide open on the counter. After all, how else can you prove that it has onions on it, they don’t know I can smell them miles away.
So enter the cashier, horrified and bewildered, he is now shocked by the fact I know his first name, and he does not know mine. To his ultimate demise, he calls for the manager. Then not knowing if I am in line, or to call the next customer, there is that awkward moment of silence shared by the entire place. They are looking at him like, “well, now what are you going to do”. After trying to avoid my impatient glaring frown, which is almost permanent anyway, he wipes the counter clean while trying to compose him self
Eventually, the manager will come slap the poor bastard and get pimple all over his hand, then want to shake mine. I do not shake hands until the other hand has a free burger in it, I got my boundaries you know. So during the explanation of why his employees have personally attacked my medical conditions and the fact that every single person in the food chain is conspiring to make him look bad. I point to the crowd of on lookers to provide an example of how they are not doing their job, if they were, it would not be so backed-up right now.
The whole scene usually goes to the end of the counter where I whisper loudly to the manager as a hint, and pretty soon we are both whispering until I get what I want, the way I want it. And of course he is then schooled on the company policy that ha owes me an apple pie for my inconveniences and emotional stress caused by his inadequate control over his employees. And if I am on a roll, I will demand fresh warm fries and the original burger. My dog likes cold fries and doesn’t mind the smell of onions on her met patty and the birds like the bread. If the guy was really as rude as me, then I will get a refill on the drink that I had to suck down to keep from going to the liquor store and ruin all my years of quality sobriety seniority.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2006, 03:24:12 AM »
Whilst I think its great that your willing to make sure that you get what you paid for, has it not occured to you that most of the people working in places like that have shit working conditions and are on minimum wage?  Have a go at the manager by all means, but do you really think the poor people stuck working there deserve to get shit over something like running out of sauce??

duncvis

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2006, 04:05:51 AM »
Whilst I think its great that your willing to make sure that you get what you paid for, has it not occured to you that most of the people working in places like that have shit working conditions and are on minimum wage?  Have a go at the manager by all means, but do you really think the poor people stuck working there deserve to get shit over something like running out of sauce??

seconded. be sweet to the poor gimp serving up the slop, growl like a bear at the manager, who gets paid to deal with stroppy cunts like me....

Hibakusha

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2006, 06:50:05 AM »

ONIONS

ALERGY

ONIONS

ALERGY

Hibakusha

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2006, 06:50:37 AM »

seconded. be sweet to the poor gimp serving up the slop, growl like a bear at the manager, who gets paid to deal with stroppy cunts like me....

ONIONS

ALERGY

ONIONS

ALERGY

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2006, 07:00:49 AM »

on the contrary.  these people should be more understanding of the regular joe.

i mean they understand their position, they understand the crap job their in.  who needs the extra 25 cents more:
me, who's just trying to get through life whilst raising a family, or the trillion dollar clown?

make no mistake, everybody should gight for every goddamned nickel.  i understand that its just a nickel.  but taken in total its a shitload of money for the gazzillion dollar clown, and over the course of my lifetime it becomes a lot of money.  i refuse to allow them to get more than what is necesssary. 
fucke em.
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2006, 07:04:22 AM »

ONIONS

ALERGY

ONIONS

ALERGY

Why does this negate my point?

duncvis

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2006, 07:06:17 AM »

on the contrary.  these people should be more understanding of the regular joe.

i mean they understand their position, they understand the crap job their in.  who needs the extra 25 cents more:
me, who's just trying to get through life whilst raising a family, or the trillion dollar clown?

make no mistake, everybody should gight for every goddamned nickel.  i understand that its just a nickel.  but taken in total its a shitload of money for the gazzillion dollar clown, and over the course of my lifetime it becomes a lot of money.  i refuse to allow them to get more than what is necesssary. 
fucke em.

these people are the regular joe. so why make their lives more stressful, when you can be giving someone shit who gets paid to take it? We're back to the 'talk to the clowns, fuck with the ringmasters' thing again McJ...

Hibakusha

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2006, 07:13:15 AM »
"To begin with, I am allergic to onions" ..........."To begin with, I am allergic to onions" ..........."To begin with, I am allergic to onions" ..........."To begin with, I am allergic to onions" ..........."To begin with, I am allergic to onions" ..........."To begin with, I am allergic to onions" ..........."To begin with, I am allergic to onions" ..........."To begin with, I am allergic to onions" ..........."To begin with, I am allergic to onions" ..........."To begin with, I am allergic to onions" ..........."To begin with, I am allergic to onions" ..........."To begin with, I am allergic to onions" ..........."To begin with, I am allergic to onions" ...........

duncvis

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2006, 07:22:48 AM »
That explains your complaint, which is justified. You are replying to my comment that all the shit you can throw should be directed at the manager, who is employed and paid to take shit, not the poor minimum-wage serf doling out the food.... and I still don't see the expanation there.

Hibakusha

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2006, 07:26:56 AM »
Perhaps I should repost chapter 1
Perhaps I should repost chapter 2

Chapter 3 coming up

Hibakusha

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2006, 07:27:55 AM »
Perhaps I should repost chapter 1
Perhaps I should repost chapter 2

Chapter 3 coming up

duncvis

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2006, 07:29:43 AM »
Will these chapters explain why frontline staff earning a pittance deserve to take shit?

Hibakusha

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2006, 07:31:31 AM »
CHAPTER I

I was going to go off about how 60% of my drive-thru experiences are Shakespearean scenarios.
When I first read this thread, I immediately reminisced thru my flashback archive of fast food managers’ whose life’s, I have forever altered. However, I will just briefly get the idea across by saying a couple things regarding this interesting facet of my life.
At least once a month, for the past however many decades, I personally greet one of these power mongers at the counter with a wronged delivery of specified items. Not that I am overly creative in any star bursting kind of way, nor do I demand attention for my creative invention…but. It is usually an epic, worthy, as an example for the way the Harvard debate team should conduct themselves.
If you have ever imagined, what it would be like to be in a complete vacuum with zero gravity, that would describe the appearance of said manager when I was thru with him. Concurrently, the other managers who do not get the pleasure of being sucked into the black hole of altruistic guilt, all happen to be blessed with spirit. Based on this simple scientific evidence, 40% of all fast food managers are female.
I’m just really grateful I was capable of refraining myself from going off about drive-thru’s.
In closure, my basic experience with fast food places is simple, drive thru, walk thru, and their through.
So I often wonder about how lives I have saved from the corporate career oriented world of make believe.

CHAPTER II

To begin with, I am allergic to onions, combined with the fact that it takes great skills to produce the exact perfection according to the picture on the wall, it is their duty to me as a loyal American citizen and frequent customer who knows the entire crew on a first name basis.
That is usually the plan as I am getting out of the truck while slamming the door loud enough to shake the windows inside the store. Upon entering said establishment, the torn bag usually gets caught in the door. I find other customers quite friendly by allowing to go to the front of the line and splatting the burger wide open on the counter. After all, how else can you prove that it has onions on it, they don’t know I can smell them miles away.
So enter the cashier, horrified and bewildered, he is now shocked by the fact I know his first name, and he does not know mine. To his ultimate demise, he calls for the manager. Then not knowing if I am in line, or to call the next customer, there is that awkward moment of silence shared by the entire place. They are looking at him like, “well, now what are you going to do”. After trying to avoid my impatient glaring frown, which is almost permanent anyway, he wipes the counter clean while trying to compose him self
Eventually, the manager will come slap the poor bastard and get pimple all over his hand, then want to shake mine. I do not shake hands until the other hand has a free burger in it, I got my boundaries you know. So during the explanation of why his employees have personally attacked my medical conditions and the fact that every single person in the food chain is conspiring to make him look bad. I point to the crowd of on lookers to provide an example of how they are not doing their job, if they were, it would not be so backed-up right now.
The whole scene usually goes to the end of the counter where I whisper loudly to the manager as a hint, and pretty soon we are both whispering until I get what I want, the way I want it. And of course he is then schooled on the company policy that ha owes me an apple pie for my inconveniences and emotional stress caused by his inadequate control over his employees. And if I am on a roll, I will demand fresh warm fries and the original burger. My dog likes cold fries and doesn’t mind the smell of onions on her met patty and the birds like the bread. If the guy was really as rude as me, then I will get a refill on the drink that I had to suck down to keep from going to the liquor store and ruin all my years of quality sobriety seniority.

CHAPTER III

If the Nazi Bastards are going to build something in my neighborhood, my city my state or in my country, they better have a better excuse as a front than a fast food joint.
When I order a menu item and request “no onions please”, I make sure when they repeat the order that they say “no onions”. Sometimes this takes time to get the point across to narrow minded bleeding heart liberal jerks looking for an excuse to be a victim.
When the onions arrive in my order, the have found their calling. I feel sorry for them, so I give them an excuse to be a victim.