Educational

Author Topic: Aspies bitching and moaning about NTs and their condition  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Aspies bitching and moaning about NTs and their condition
« on: February 18, 2008, 04:32:42 PM »
Early early this morning, one of my aspie buddies and I were chatting and we were talking about aspie forums and he said he doesn't go to them because all they do is bitch and moan about their condition and about how bad NTs are to them. I told him they don't do it here because it's not a support forum.

I used to see that a lot when I was 17 and 18 and because I got tired of it, I lost interest in the places and left. I was tired of them making excuses about their condition and refusing to try and cope and change by learning how to adapt by working on skills like flexibility. I even realized they wanted special rules too. I know lot of us here are tired of that.

Anyone agree the aspies forums are still like that?

Sophgay

Re: Aspies bitching and moaning about NTs and their condition
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 04:52:18 PM »
WP is full of crap like that
From what I've seen, AFF seems to be the worst though
It annoys me
Some people with AS are assholes, some NTs are good people. Blaming NTs for everything is stupid. I used to do that, when I first found out I had AS. Then I realised what a twat I was. Actually, still am, but not as bad :P

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 05:01:39 PM »
It annoys me
Some people with AS are assholes, some NTs are good people. Blaming NTs for everything is stupid. I used to do that, when I first found out I had AS. Then I realised what a twat I was. Actually, still am, but not as bad :P

I agree. I am just a guilty as they are because I did the same thing when I was in my teens. I wanted special rules, special treatment, thought I could get special rules simply because I saw that a lot growing up and now I was seeing it online about autism. I realize now that bullying isn't an NT thing, it's human but I still play that card just to piss them off even though I know they aren't NT but say it anyway to get them all riled up. I still will point out they are giving me the same crap NTs gave me since so many of them complain about how bad NTs are but they turn around and do it themselves.

Sophgay

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 05:04:33 PM »
It annoys me

I agree. I am just a guilty as they are because I did the same thing when I was in my teens. I wanted special rules, special treatment, thought I could get special rules simply because I saw that a lot growing up and now I was seeing it online about autism. I realize now that bullying isn't an NT thing, it's human but I still play that card just to piss them off even though I know they aren't NT but say it anyway to get them all riled up. I still will point out they are giving me the same crap NTs gave me since so many of them complain about how bad NTs are but they turn around and do it themselves.
Yeah I think a lot of people with AS get like that when they're younger, or when they first get diagnosed. Not all, but quite a lot I've seen. It's probably a reaction to bullying by people who did happen to be NT in school etc. As long as we grow out of that attitude and realise it was wrong though, I don't think it matters. Problem is, a lot of people on those sites carry on with the anti-NT stuff all the time. And never accept that they might be wrong.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 05:16:56 PM »
I find it acceptable in kids and teens but when grown ups do it, it's disgusting.

Not saying it's okay for kids to use their disability as an excuse, they just don't know any better so a grown up needs to step in and teach them having a disability doesn't give them any excuses. Thats one of the reasons why some parents don't even tell their kids at a young age they have a condition. They might wait till they're in their teens or adult to tell them or some find out on their own and then their parents tell them.

ozymandias

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 05:57:59 PM »
I got tired of a lot of the NT bashing going on in other forums.  After awhile it just gets old.  Yeah, a little bitching is good for the soul, but to continually blame others for your problems is not the way to solve problems.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 05:58:15 PM »
"Oh poor me I'm an aswipe why can't normal people accept me like I am they are so mean...."

Yeah I know what you mean
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 06:02:46 PM »
Had a kinda funny RL situation shedding light on it all.
While saying goodbye to a band I love, I asked them
to come out to breakfast. They all came, and it
was really sweet. But, I realized that I probably
could have hung out with them before, and
become friends - real friends, if only I hadn't
remained so damned aloof.

We have to make some effort too.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 06:16:46 PM »

Basically yes.
It's a lot easier to blame other people than to take responsibility for ones own predicament.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 06:27:23 PM »

Basically yes.
It's a lot easier to blame other people than to take responsibility for ones own predicament.

Timelord sounds like to be that kind of person. It's easier for him to blame his problems on NTs.

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 06:30:36 PM »

Basically yes.

Timelord sounds like to be that kind of person. It's easier for him to blame his problems on NTs.

That's probably quaterfag.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 06:35:34 PM »

I'm going to bitch about my condition, now.

I have sat in this fucking chair so long this afternoon, that I can't tell where my ass ends and the chair starts. I think that my fucking chair is actually going numb. I'm going to get up, scratch my chair a bit and try to find out what I can do to change this, before my ass also begins to take on the shape of my chair.

Why is it always the crack of the chair that itches the worst?

:GA:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 06:49:25 PM »
You need to oil your chair's crack.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 08:17:31 PM »

I'm going to bitch about my condition, now.

I have sat in this fucking chair so long this afternoon, that I can't tell where my ass ends and the chair starts. I think that my fucking chair is actually going numb. I'm going to get up, scratch my chair a bit and try to find out what I can do to change this, before my ass also begins to take on the shape of my chair.

Why is it always the crack of the chair that itches the worst?

:GA:

Get your fucking ass off that chair Dawg!!

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 08:03:55 AM »
Many many :plus:s to those on this thread.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.