Educational

Author Topic: People are getting a bit touchy here  (Read 5672 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: People are getting a bit touchy here
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2008, 04:20:47 PM »
The tendency to hyperfocus, pick on details, and start petty arguments is part of aspergers syndrome.  You can overcome that, by getting in the habit of stepping back.    Its easy now, when I pay attention to lifestyle habits, to catch my mom arguing over petty details to stir up trouble.
Got to becareful, sound like a doctor :laugh:   

I need booze. ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Sophgay

« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2008, 04:23:35 PM »
i supose i hyperfocus on stuff. i like arguing i guess and beating people up verbally :laugh:

maybe this all goes back to being bullyied in schools
I like arguing as well
Well, it depends what I'm arguing about and who with
I can be very argumentative though
I think that's what lead to be getting kciked off wp
I got bullied in school
Mine wasn't that bad as other people who got bullied though
But I never stuck up for myself

richard

« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2008, 04:28:24 PM »
i got bullied pretty much my entire school career. its really damaging to a person when they grow up i think

Sophgay

« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2008, 04:29:21 PM »
I think so too
It fucked me up quite a lot
Held me back
my little brother got bullied in his first year of primary school
And he didn't do as well as he should have done, as a consequence
Which sucks, because he's a smart kid
He's not getting bullied anymore though

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2008, 09:21:54 PM »
People threw rocks at me when I was at school, I got concussed a few times. I guess that has an effect on the brain later in life. :P
Death threats too, I won't forget those in a hurry. I didn't know what to do at the time.

Never really had an argument on here. If anyone wants to start one with me, go ahead. :P
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Sophgay

« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2008, 09:23:41 PM »
I didn't get much physical stuff, apart from getting knocked under a table or something once lol
Death threats in school is fucked up
My brother's only 6 and he had another kid put a skipping rope round his neck like a noose or something last year

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2008, 09:58:48 PM »
I was physically beaten on a regular basis by a boy at school from age 7 to 9, and bullied again from age 13 to 15.  Yes, it messed me up mentally.  I still remember how scared I was.  It's strange how you get used to that feeling, facing it every single day.  I never got over it.
hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2008, 11:38:51 PM »
The tendency to hyperfocus, pick on details, and start petty arguments is part of aspergers syndrome.  You can overcome that, by getting in the habit of stepping back.    Its easy now, when I pay attention to lifestyle habits, to catch my mom arguing over petty details to stir up trouble.

nah - he needs a ding round the ear.  :D

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2008, 12:21:30 AM »
i was bullied but never physically. i was threatened in 7th grade and i told that cow to piss off but i think she might have fought me if i wanted to... i kind of wanted to. i was so pissed. i was so angry at all the bullies. i have never got in a fight so i dunno how good i would be. i was really tired of being bullied though. i'm glad she didn't come after me.

People threw rocks at me when I was at school, I got concussed a few times. I guess that has an effect on the brain later in life. :P
Death threats too, I won't forget those in a hurry. I didn't know what to do at the time.

Never really had an argument on here. If anyone wants to start one with me, go ahead. :P

we love you Renaeden. :-* don't think we'll let you get bullied here. i'll kick their ass. if they try.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2008, 12:24:16 AM »

me too.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2008, 12:28:13 AM »
i was never bullied physically, but it was an all girls school, and they had really nasty little ways of bullying.  i remember a couple of instances vividly: during Housecraft (it was a long time ago...), we had to take it in turns to do various tasks.  when it was my week for drying up, they soaked my tea towel in the sink, so it took me an hour to finish.  doesn't sound like much, but when it's dark early, and you're on your own in a dodgy area of the city...  another time, they put snow in my school bag.  we had to use fountain (ink) pens in those days, and so you can imagine the state of all my exercise books.

that sort of subtle bullying is just as bad, i think - it works on a psychological level instead of the physical (although i think physical works on the psychological level as well).

at one point, the headteacher actually came into the class and threatened them with all sorts if it didn't stop.  can you imagine that working now?    :o

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2008, 12:37:05 AM »
bullying is bad, whether it's mental or physical. my bullies shattered my self-esteem. it would have been crap anyway so i'm not mad. i used to get mad that i didn't fight back, that i let them do that to me. but it doesn't matter. it used to matter but not anymore.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2008, 01:41:48 AM »
I was bullied throughout school, physically and verbally.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2008, 03:40:16 AM »
we love you Renaeden. :-* don't think we'll let you get bullied here. i'll kick their ass. if they try.
;D
Thanks. :-*

At school we had locker rooms and people would slide horrible notes into my locker. They slimed my lock a few times (spat on it or something), yuck. Also had rotten fruit and rubbish put in my bag - I think snow is worse though, that would wreck a lot of stuff. My bag smelt like rotten apples and bananas for ages. I had my pencil case and my bike stolen. That sucked.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2008, 05:52:30 AM »
I was bullied throughout school, physically and verbally.

:hug:

just as well i wasn't there - i'd've 'ad 'em.   :grrr:

you just let me know if anyone tries to bully you, my love, and they're TOAST!  :witch: