Educational

Author Topic: Anyone on ssdi  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
Re: Anyone on ssdi
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 01:21:12 PM »
Not yet. I'm going to apply for it once I can start seeing a doctor on a regular basis again.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

duncvis

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 04:39:15 PM »
which reminds me... you can apply for the UK equivalent (DLA) online now, so I'm going to actually get it done this time. last time i applied was four years ago, the fuckers knocked me back because i didnt yet have the official ASD diagnosis (which I got a few months later and was also signed off by the DSS's own doctors). I hate filling in forms so its taken me the rest of the time since to reapply.  :-\

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 09:53:55 PM »
I'm also on a DSP (Disability Support Pension). Been thinking of doing a TAFE Course on networking and servers and shit. It will at least teach me how to use Linux enough to get started on it.

Apart from that, I just waste time on the internets and watching shit I download on my Media PC.

Oh yeah and I also do husband stuff and father stuff.
How difficult was it for you to get the DSP?
I went to get Newstart or whatever it is called at Centrelink, they looked at the application form I filled out and they said, "Autism? Well just have an interview with the psychologist here and you can get the DSP."

Got diagnosed by Dr. Richard Eisenmajer a having Aspergers Syndrome. He writes it down as  PDD-NOS on the right forms, put em in at  Centrelink. Short Interview at Centrelink. Sit back and collect moneies. All together took around 6 months with 4 of them waiting for appointment with Eisenmajer. Nice guy, even let me pay off my bill (around $500).

Sophgay

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 10:03:27 PM »
When i applied for DLA, a doctor came round to my house
She made me walk in a straight line and move my hand fast

richard

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 10:14:43 PM »
it took me about 2 1/2 yars for me to finally get accepted, so for the next 5-7 yars i will get FREE MONEY until they re-evalutae me.

i get $867 a month now, they increased it by $20 for the new yars :wanker:

Sophgay

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 10:19:44 PM »
i dunno how much i get
my mum sorted all my forms and stuff out
they gave me less money at first, just because i went to a grammar school

GalileoAce

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 07:18:00 PM »
I'm also on a DSP (Disability Support Pension). Been thinking of doing a TAFE Course on networking and servers and shit. It will at least teach me how to use Linux enough to get started on it.

Apart from that, I just waste time on the internets and watching shit I download on my Media PC.

I went to get Newstart or whatever it is called at Centrelink, they looked at the application form I filled out and they said, "Autism? Well just have an interview with the psychologist here and you can get the DSP."

Got diagnosed by Dr. Richard Eisenmajer a having Aspergers Syndrome. He writes it down as  PDD-NOS on the right forms, put em in at  Centrelink. Short Interview at Centrelink. Sit back and collect moneies. All together took around 6 months with 4 of them waiting for appointment with Eisenmajer. Nice guy, even let me pay off my bill (around $500).

I too am on the DSP. And coincedentally it was Richard Eisenmajer who made it possible by diagnosing me as the ambiguous Autism Spectrum Disorder. I only saw him once, but wished I had the opportunity to see him more often I enjoyed talking with him.
But now I'm in WA...So unlikely that I'll see him again.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 05:57:05 AM »

I too am on the DSP. And coincedentally it was Richard Eisenmajer who made it possible by diagnosing me as the ambiguous Autism Spectrum Disorder. I only saw him once, but wished I had the opportunity to see him more often I enjoyed talking with him.
It is freaky how much you two have in common.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

GalileoAce

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 06:05:41 AM »

We are twins separated across space and time. I am the evil one.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 07:54:12 AM »

:hide: I'm scared too...

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 07:55:28 AM »

Can both twins be evil? I have the goatie and I even have a black jedi cloak. I mean how evil is that?

Sophgay

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 07:57:40 AM »
My friend has a twin
I don't think they are evil though :D

GalileoAce

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 08:02:51 AM »

Can both twins be evil? I have the goatie and I even have a black jedi cloak. I mean how evil is that?

Ok, I'm more of a rogue anyways ;)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 10:04:14 AM »

You have a black Jedi cloak?

Do you have a picture of it, by any chance?

I'm planning to make a black Darth Vader cloak for my husband.  He already has the mask.   :laugh:

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 12:54:34 PM »

You have a black Jedi cloak?

Do you have a picture of it, by any chance?

I'm planning to make a black Darth Vader cloak for my husband.  He already has the mask.   :laugh:

I could take a picture I guess. Basicly its from a pattern. Some pattern company that does knock offs of stuff like that, they give them different but similar names, like Space Knight instead of Jedi (just an example, not actual name). Its just the regular jedi cloak but done in black. I'll see if I can track down the company and name of the pattern for you. I'll have to ask the boss (read wife).