Educational

Author Topic: Getting Green  (Read 913 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Getting Green
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2008, 03:28:37 AM »
(Also called "copout".)

(no!  you don't say!

/is shocked).

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 03:29:31 AM »
you know fuck all.  shut your stupid mouth.
Really? Surprisingly I know people who actually work in the industry, they have dropped enough hints of the practices. Just because I am not a greenpeace member who wants everyone to go back to living in caves...
Why do you always say "Surprisingly".
As wit. A wit some members here fail to get, hence my slow progression. I dont like leaving people behind... ;)

oh go on - force youself.
My effort has to be worth it, otherwise I may as well get along with Herbert's algebra...

Though, when you stop larking around with the green brigade, we can have a serious conversation on the matter. Until then, adios. As far as this thread is concerned...

*listens as the sounds of mist all around overtake the sounds of wanking slowly fading into the distance*

:laugh:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008, 03:31:18 AM »
okay, hadron, so who exactly is it you know who works "in the industry"?  and what's your definition of "the industry"?  obviously, i'm not expecting you to name names, but the organisations, positions and experience will do.

or are we talking about somebody who once sold a box of organic cornflakes?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008, 04:12:11 AM »
i like those.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2008, 04:14:07 AM »
okay, hadron, so who exactly is it you know who works "in the industry"?  and what's your definition of "the industry"?  obviously, i'm not expecting you to name names, but the organisations, positions and experience will do.

or are we talking about somebody who once sold a box of organic cornflakes?
People who make a living out of green power, one of whom does it in a very similar manner to what Parts will be doing. And I can tell you that some of the stuff they attempt to sell you is almost a complete scam, wind turbines on roofs for example that on a very good day, might just be able to power a weak hairdryer. Hardly much of a contribution, when you factor in the energy etc required to install the thing. One nuclear plant would generate a lot more energy than one of those things on every roof.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2008, 04:46:38 AM »
More power to you parts, but for the most part, people who think they're being "green" are just buying into a corporate slang word.  Make a wise choice.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2008, 06:56:53 AM »
Maybe you could start offering 'natural disaster proof' options if you build in areas where nature can be a pain in the arse.  Do you build houses from scratch, or do you just modify existing structures?

http://www.floodproofhouse.com
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Sophgay

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2008, 06:58:26 AM »
i have a recycled pencil case :toporly:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2008, 09:56:24 AM »
Maybe you could start offering 'natural disaster proof' options if you build in areas where nature can be a pain in the arse.  Do you build houses from scratch, or do you just modify existing structures?

http://www.floodproofhouse.com
I only do part of the work and not whole houses.  I also do lots of work on existing building making them more energy efficient. I live near the shore and closer to the beach they builtd those floodproof houses on pilings

i have a recycled pencil case :toporly:

One aspect of what of what I do is very green already I  I use a lot of recycled newspaper insulation
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw