Author Topic: Jobs I wouldn't want to have for any amount of money  (Read 1271 times)

Triste

Re: Jobs I wouldn't want to have for any amount of money
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 04:57:03 PM »
my support worker's job. how she puts up with me i do not know >:D and i am one of the less challenging service users ;D

i drove my last support worker insane :'(
Off-subject, but what is a support worker?  Do they have them in the US?  Can I get one too?

Offline Sanityisoverrated

• Frequent Poster
  • Sleepy type guy
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 11:54:06 PM »
Technically, being unemployed. It's a paradox!
I agree.  It sucks.
I meant as in that it's a job you couldn't have for any amount of money. As soon as someone employs you to be unemployed, you are no longer unemployed. Of course, no longer being unemployed, you would no longer be valid for the employment, thus leaving you unemployed again, and the cycle repeats ad infinitum.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 11:55:44 PM by Sanityisoverrated »
'When the world is run according to my standards, everyone will be a happier person and the general standard of health will exceed the average' - Charlie Chaplin

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 12:07:50 AM »
i wouldn't want the job cleaning up a movie theater
Misunderstood.

Hibakusha

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006, 12:47:43 AM »
I meant as in that it's a job you couldn't have for any amount of money. As soon as someone employs you to be unemployed, you are no longer unemployed. Of course, no longer being unemployed, you would no longer be valid for the employment, thus leaving you unemployed again, and the cycle repeats ad infinitum.

sounds like a good retirement package

Offline DivaD

• two-bit whore
  • Frequent Poster
  • nobody's nothing
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2006, 05:21:20 PM »
my support worker's job. how she puts up with me i do not know >:D and i am one of the less challenging service users ;D

i drove my last support worker insane :'(
Off-subject, but what is a support worker?  Do they have them in the US?  Can I get one too?

well anybody who's paid to help someone with a disability is a support worker really.

in my case, it's cos i'm too spazzy and retarded and autistic to do pretty much anything for myself. so other people have to help me with stuff and sort stuff out for me - that's usually my parents. my support worker kind of works like part occupational therapist part social worker. one of my biggest difficulties is with getting out, i get stressed out and have meltdowns and get argumentative when i'm out. so the support worker makes me go out, and gets shit for it. it's absolutely exhausting, for both of us.

at least now i am much better when i'm out, i'm still just as autistic, but better at avoiding difficult situations without having to avoid going out altogether. now i'm much more assertive about situations that would get me overloaded. and also it's taught me some useful 'support-worker-management' skills which would probably come in useful if (as is likely) i end up in some sort of supported living situation. and some really basic things, like how to just ask for someone to do something for you instead of struggling with it yourself (like asking the support worker to cut up food for me or pour my tea out if i'm having a really spazzy day).... and no that's not easy, cos remember that on my worst days i'm non-verbal so asking can be even harder than struggling to do something myself!

i guess one of the mistakes i made was that i thought when i got support, everything would then be easy. but it doesn't work that way. support is hard work, cos you actually have to do stuff. and you have to learn how to ask for what you want, rather than hoping your support worker will mindread! i wish someone would have written a book on how to make use of support so i'd have had some prior warning.
aspie trash. real intense talk. no wanky drama.

Triste

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2006, 05:33:21 PM »
Wow, Diva, sounds like YOU could write the book.  Thanks for explaining it so well to me. 

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2006, 07:45:47 AM »
I would have to say my last job as a dishwasher. It was digusting (i got pink eye from the liquids splashing in my eyes from the bus tubs), hot, streneious, hazardous, stressful and a whole host of other things just plained sucked.

duncvis

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2006, 10:44:56 AM »
Done that one, for three years. Not a bad description - the place I worked had its perks though, like being a taster, and as much pudding as I could eat lol. The chefs could usually be relied on to buy you a beer or two after the place closed an all.  8)

Triste

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2006, 10:58:32 AM »
Teaching sixteen year-olds how to drive.  That is stressful, let me tell you.  Risking your life on the roads, daily, plus having to deal with the parents. 

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 03:25:45 PM »
Bump

working in a sewerage works :puke:
blah blah blah

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 03:28:58 PM »
A carer for people with Senile Dementia. I've seen what they have to do. Disgusting :(

eris

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 03:37:17 PM »
I'd never be a whore, and I would never work as the person who has to manually masturbate animals in order to receive sperm samples.

Just about any other job would be about how much $$ I can get

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 04:05:30 PM »
I wouldn't want to be a prostitute either. :orly:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 04:09:13 PM »
I would never work as the person who has to manually masturbate animals in order to receive sperm samples.

It's not as bad as you think.  The dogs follow you around after ;)

eris

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 04:10:20 PM »
how is that a good thing o_O