Author Topic: scars  (Read 655 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: scars
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 05:02:17 AM »
my scars are always gonna be there. they are white, except the new ones. it took some years for them to turn white. AFAIR. but i'll try to see how long these new ones stay red. they should turn pink at some point. i like watching scars turn white. it's better when they are, they're less noticeable and i can wear short sleeves at home again.

if you cut you better be prepared to hide those areas for a long time, even the shallow cuts stay put. i have loads of mini scars and fewer big ones but they're all there from the time i started cutting 10 years ago. it doesn't bother me but if it bothers you... if they are cat scratches however you have nothing to hide. :P just make sure people believe you cuz it's a common excuse. :laugh:

i think the pin makes the cut less surgical and that causes more obvious damage. also, unless you pinch the deeper cuts with a butterfly or get stitches, they stay open and make wider scars. the depth doesn't really matter scar-wise. it matters what you do afterwards, do you pinch it shut or leave it open.

scratches should fade sooner and even be unnoticeable to people unless they look closely. i think. writing might be harder to conceal.

oh, i know. rub e vitamin on the scars. that's what some cutters do. it helps fade the scars. i've never tried it.

and make sure you sterilize the stuff you use, pins and whatnot. an infection is really serious, i'm paranoid about getting infections lol. even though i keep ripping the scabs all the time and exposing my wounds again. i just keep thinking about where has that pin been that you talk about. :P

anyway i dunno if this ramble is coherent much. i'm so tired.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

richard

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 01:57:38 PM »
Cow Kitty scratches last for three or four weeks.
:orly: :LMAO:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 02:10:15 PM »
 :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 02:24:33 PM »
my scars are always gonna be there. they are white, except the new ones. it took some years for them to turn white. AFAIR. but i'll try to see how long these new ones stay red. they should turn pink at some point. i like watching scars turn white. it's better when they are, they're less noticeable and i can wear short sleeves at home again.

if you cut you better be prepared to hide those areas for a long time, even the shallow cuts stay put. i have loads of mini scars and fewer big ones but they're all there from the time i started cutting 10 years ago. it doesn't bother me but if it bothers you... if they are cat scratches however you have nothing to hide. :P just make sure people believe you cuz it's a common excuse. :laugh:

i think the pin makes the cut less surgical and that causes more obvious damage. also, unless you pinch the deeper cuts with a butterfly or get stitches, they stay open and make wider scars. the depth doesn't really matter scar-wise. it matters what you do afterwards, do you pinch it shut or leave it open.

scratches should fade sooner and even be unnoticeable to people unless they look closely. i think. writing might be harder to conceal.

oh, i know. rub e vitamin on the scars. that's what some cutters do. it helps fade the scars. i've never tried it.

and make sure you sterilize the stuff you use, pins and whatnot. an infection is really serious, i'm paranoid about getting infections lol. even though i keep ripping the scabs all the time and exposing my wounds again. i just keep thinking about where has that pin been that you talk about. :P

anyway i dunno if this ramble is coherent much. i'm so tired.

I think that the Vitamin E oil is a good idea to help them fade quicker.  You can get capsules of Vitamin E and cut open the end of it to rub on the scratches.

It worked on a pretty bad burn I had on my leg from a motorcycle exhaust pipe and you can barely see the scar now.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 02:50:22 PM »
My hands are covered with cuts from work today none will scar but it looks bad today 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2017, 06:20:14 AM »
The spot on my hand where I had stitches not long ago has practically healed without a scar. The doctor did an excellent job.

My self harm scars though, they won't fade. There's one where I should have definitely had stitches. Three years after I did it, it's still wide and purple. No singlets for me.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2017, 07:53:50 AM »
You pussies. Scars are cool.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 08:48:47 AM »
I still have one from when I was only about 3 and a bunch more from before I was 15
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2017, 11:37:13 AM »
The PR has cutting scars on her right forearm and leg.  And a surgery scar from straightening and fusing the right wrist.

I have a scar on my heel from the training wheels slicing it open as a child, a small one on my right palm from an infection and one from my C-section.  I suppose I have scars from my cataract surgeries and tonsillectomy, but they wouldn't be visible.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2017, 08:04:00 PM »

My favorite ones are emotional.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2017, 09:41:31 PM »
I also have an appendectomy scar.

I also have awesome scars in my mouth from jaw surgery but only the dentist sees those.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 10:07:06 PM »

I bet you see a lot of beautiful people in the world.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2017, 04:42:31 PM »

I bet you cause a lot of beautiful people in the world.

Fixed. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2017, 09:25:29 PM »
I used to have the intake port of a 2nd gen. Hemi burned onto my right arm, that scar went away a few years ago.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2017, 01:51:39 AM »

I bet you cause a lot of beautiful people in the world.

Fixed. :P

I was joking about myself.  :zoinks:
:gopher: