Educational

Author Topic: Valentine's Day  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2008, 01:42:45 PM »
If I wasn't single, I'd love VD!

How would your partner feel?

lol.   :plus: for making the obvious joke.

:plus: :plus: For the reasons you gave and the reason you gave for the reason.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2008, 06:02:00 PM »
No matter what a crock of shit you think Valentines is... if you have a girlfriend or wife, you have to do something for it.

And if you're lucky, that "something" is the SO.

(Every so often, I'm reminded that I'm pretty low-maintenance.  This is such a time.  I didn't want to get anything on Valentines day, but off.)
Did you at least get off on Valentines?

She answered this.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »
No matter what a crock of shit you think Valentines is... if you have a girlfriend or wife, you have to do something for it.

(Every so often, I'm reminded that I'm pretty low-maintenance.  This is such a time.  I didn't want to get anything on Valentines day, but off.)

She answered this.
:indeed:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2008, 09:56:21 AM »

She answered this.
I noticed the implication.   Still got a post out of it anyways, even though it was obviously unnecessary to the thread.  +1 ftw.   

There was space for her to say if she got anything else, other than off as well (like chocolates, roses, etc.).

What do you all think of men who break up or fight with their SO around holidays like Valentines in order to get out of buying gifts?   I have known a couple of guys who do this.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2008, 10:01:53 AM »

She answered this.
I noticed the implication.   Still got a post out of it anyways, even though it was obviously unnecessary to the thread.  +1 ftw.   

There was space for her to say if she got anything else, other than off as well (like chocolates, roses, etc.).

What do you all think of men who break up or fight with their SO around holidays like Valentines in order to get out of buying gifts?   I have known a couple of guys who do this.

To answer your quetsion about cheap guys:  Laaaaame.  Don't fight to prevent gift-giving.  Just don't give the fucking gift and then fight about that, and maybe you'll reach some type of compromise.

To whether or not I got chocolates or roses:  No.  I don't really like getting flowers (noplace to put them, espeically seeing as the cat woudl attack them) and I don't like edible presents (I like to have more control over what food I have/eat).  And I don't think of Vday as a "real" holiday anyway.  Christmases and birthdays, and stuff like graudations, are about all that I'd want to give or get stuff on.  Otherwise it seems excessive.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2008, 10:09:28 AM »
To answer your quetsion about cheap guys:  Laaaaame.  Don't fight to prevent gift-giving.  Just don't give the fucking gift and then fight about that, and maybe you'll reach some type of compromise.

To whether or not I got chocolates or roses:  No.  I don't really like getting flowers (noplace to put them, espeically seeing as the cat woudl attack them) and I don't like edible presents (I like to have more control over what food I have/eat).  And I don't think of Vday as a "real" holiday anyway.  Christmases and birthdays, and stuff like graudations, are about all that I'd want to give or get stuff on.  Otherwise it seems excessive.
I agree that they are lame, to say the least.   I would take it further than them just being cheap actually.   When people give gifts they should be happy to give the gift and not give out of obligation.

Valentines is a hallmark holiday, I kind of expressed my belief in that earlier in the thread.   It is basically meaningless and isn't spontaneous in the least.   It is done out of obligation moreso than being inspired.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2008, 10:14:09 AM »

Valentines is a hallmark holiday, I kind of expressed my belief in that earlier in the thread.   It is basically meaningless and isn't spontaneous in the least.   It is done out of obligation moreso than being inspired.

It predates hallmark.

Good damned day to wipe out your rivals too.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2008, 10:20:19 AM »

It predates hallmark.

Good damned day to wipe out your rivals too.
It is older as it is named after a "Saint" I guess.   Still it is in that same spirit as hallmark holidays, just to fuel retail.   Christmas is the same thing basically, other than when practiced by religious types.   More materialism and consumerism otherwise.

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2008, 05:43:21 PM »

Sex:  Something for everyone.  (asexuals too, haven't figured out how yet)
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name