Author Topic: Russian scientists say time travel may be possible  (Read 1016 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Russian scientists say time travel may be possible
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 01:29:36 AM »
i know you would. :) i would save Jonathan Brandis. he was so special.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 01:37:58 AM »
Logic would dictate that if time travel were possible some idiot would have already tried to use it and destroyed the universe in the process, or anything you do in the past must trigger the events that influence the future where you started your time machine.  You probably couldn't do much if you made one.

Think about it, if you saved Sophie, the even that caused you to decide to go back in time and save her wouldn't happen.  It must not be possible to do it, something would interfere with you trying because if creating such a paradox was possible, one would have occured long before the opportunity you had to create yours and we'd all be dead.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Sophgay

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 01:41:47 AM »
I know it's not possible :(

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 01:43:03 AM »
Logic would dictate that if time travel were possible some idiot would have already tried to use it and destroyed the universe in the process, or anything you do in the past must trigger the events that influence the future where you started your time machine.  You probably couldn't do much if you made one.

Think about it, if you saved Sophie, the even that caused you to decide to go back in time and save her wouldn't happen.  It must not be possible to do it, something would interfere with you trying because if creating such a paradox was possible, one would have occured long before the opportunity you had to create yours and we'd all be dead.

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :plus: :plus: :plus: finally someone said it. i've been trying to explain this to people. it's only logical ffs!

:-* :-* :-*
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 02:33:39 AM »
Logic would dictate that if time travel were possible some idiot would have already tried to use it and destroyed the universe in the process, or anything you do in the past must trigger the events that influence the future where you started your time machine.  You probably couldn't do much if you made one.

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :plus: :plus: :plus: finally someone said it. i've been trying to explain this to people. it's only logical ffs!

:-* :-* :-*

Maybe if someone like Ahayes got control of such a machine, then things could go wrong.

If the people who will have control of the time machine decide not to risk backward time travel, or to attempt it responsibly (anybody read Timeline by Michael Crichton?) then such a paradox could be avoided.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2008, 08:47:21 AM »
It is possible scientifically.   That doesn't mean it has happened, yet.   The Russians supposedly haven't used it yet.   Either way, I am eagerly awaiting whatever happens when they try.   The fact that it was pretty much announced will make the world more interested in what happens.

Nobody has tried to use it, because it wasn't technologically possible until now.   That is at least what we are led to believe.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2008, 09:18:58 AM »
Maybe our time period is just not interesting enough, nor our place. There is an almost infinite amount of combinations as to where and when they can go.